ADVERTISEMENT

Lander

SouthernIN845

Recruit
Dec 27, 2019
So if he does reclass to 2020 and has a good year next year. Is he allowed to declare for the draft or would he have to wait another year?

It's Wednesday evening. People are tied up with family matters, etc.. A response to the question you posted 20 minutes ago is probably going to happen eventually.
Have you ever posted on the UK board before? You’ll get 10 responses before you can even refresh the page.

Reactions: namnik
So if he does reclass to 2020 and has a good year next year. Is he allowed to declare for the draft or would he have to wait another year?
It depends on when his birthday is. If he turns 19 on 2021 he can enter the draft. If he doesn't turn 19 until 2022 he'll have to wait.

Last edited:
It depends on when his birthday is. If he turns 19 on 2021 he can enter the draft. If he didn't turn 19 until 2022 he'll have to wait.

I thought the NBA rule was 19 OR one year after your class graduates from high school. If he is able to reclassify, doesn't that mean he graduated in 2020?

He is not a one and done, much more likely to be a 4 year player then one and done.
You’re very very wrong but I’m glad to see that everyone else doesn’t know if you have to turn a certain age by a certain time and or that 1 year after your class graduates thing.

To be eligible for the NBA Draft, a player must be 19 years old AND one year removed from high school graduation. When the NBA and the NBA Players Association negotiate the new collective bargaining agreement after the 2023-24 season, eligibility directly from high school will be on the table.

Reactions: minneman
You’re very very wrong but I’m glad to see that everyone else doesn’t know if you have to turn a certain age by a certain time and or that 1 year after your class graduates thing.

I’ll give you 10k if he is a one and done you give me 10k if he played 4 years at IU. Deal?

I’ll give you 10k if he is a one and done you give me 10k if he played 4 years at IU. Deal?
I can’t do 10k but I’ll do one and I’m serious. He may stay 2 maybe even 3, I guess? But, he has no plan where he stays 4 years. The only way is if he has injury issues or just isn’t nearly as good as his ranking. He’s so quick and a great ball handler that someone will draft him on potential if nothing else. How long do you think Trayce stays? I think he leaves after next year but if he declared after this season I bet someone would take him late in the first round just based on his potential. I don’t see him in the mock drafts but that’s only because they don’t think that he’ll declare. He’s a 6’9 Sabonis right now, but I think he’ll become a better shooter than Sabonis in time. His shot doesn’t look bad so it should come around in the years to come. He needs to get better with using his right hand around the basket as well. I’d say offensively those are the two things that he needs to work on the most. Using his right hand when it’s needed and shooting.

Last edited:
I can’t do 10k but I’ll do one and I’m serious. He may stay 2 maybe even 3, I guess? But, he has no plan where he stays 4 years. The only way is if he has injury issues or just isn’t nearly as good as his ranking. He’s so quick and a great ball handler that someone will draft him on potential if nothing else. How long do you think Trayce stays? I think he leaves after next year but if he declared after this season I bet someone would take him late in the first round just based on his potential. I don’t see him in the mock drafts but that’s only because they don’t think that he’ll declare. He’s a 6’9 Sabonis right now, but I think he’ll become a better shooter than Sabonis in time. His shot doesn’t look bad so it should come around in the years to come. He needs to get better with using his right hand around the basket as well. I’d say offensively those are the two things that he needs to work on the most. Using his right hand when it’s needed and shooting.

TJD most likely plays 1 more year in Bloomington. He is nothing like sabonis, sabonis is a classic euro with unreal ball handling skills, moves, and basketball IQ. Not to mention a way better shot. Tjd is more of a power player that is more athletic. He excels while moving, while sabonis excels in one on one from a set position. He can take anyone his size to school.

yogi was a bit shorter but ranked similar. His freshmen year he was the worst starter on the court for us. Takes a lot for a PG to be a one and done, normally 6’4 or taller helps too. Lander is 6’2 and that is being nice I think.

TJD most likely plays 1 more year in Bloomington. He is nothing like sabonis, sabonis is a classic euro with unreal ball handling skills, moves, and basketball IQ. Not to mention a way better shot. Tjd is more of a power player that is more athletic. He excels while moving, while sabonis excels in one on one from a set position. He can take anyone his size to school.

yogi was a bit shorter but ranked similar. His freshmen year he was the worst starter on the court for us. Takes a lot for a PG to be a one and done, normally 6’4 or taller helps too. Lander is 6’2 and that is being nice I think.
You’re smoking crack if you think Sabonis is a great ball handler and shooter! He rarely dribbles and shoots almost exclusively around the basket. He takes a mid range jumped when he’s left wide open and usually misses. I watch the Pacers quite a bit. He plays hard and is always around the ball. He plays good D and rebounds exceptionally well. He scores 17 or so a game, I believe, and most come from around the basket and the free throw line. The guy is not a shooter and doesn’t put the ball on the court very often.

IMG-4626.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG-4626.jpg
Take the bet! If Cavanaugh loses he will have to sell the Civic!
I did have a Civic in HS! My cars these days drop your wifes panties. IU parking lot looking fresh too!

I tried adding a pic but not wanting to work for me this morning. Just know I dont drive Civics lol

Last edited:
You’re smoking crack if you think Sabonis is a great ball handler and shooter! He rarely dribbles and shoots almost exclusively around the basket. He takes a mid range jumped when he’s left wide open and usually misses. I watch the Pacers quite a bit. He plays hard and is always around the ball. He plays good D and rebounds exceptionally well. He scores 17 or so a game, I believe, and most come from around the basket and the free throw line. The guy is not a shooter and doesn’t put the ball on the court very often.

Dude TJD has taken literally less than 5 shots beyond 5 feet in his college career.

Also, Lander is way way more talented than Yogi was at Lander’s age. Lander is quicker, his shot is better, and soooo much more athletic! I don’t know that Yogi could dunk it where Lander can flat out fly! When it comes down to the tangibles Lander is so much more than what Yogi was. I’m not saying he’ll have a better career because I don’t know anything about the kid but his potential is way more than what yogi’s was.

Also, Lander is way way more talented than Yogi was at Lander’s age. Lander is quicker, his shot is better, and soooo much more athletic! I don’t know that Yogi could dunk it where Lander can flat out fly! When it comes down to the tangibles Lander is so much more than what Yogi was. I’m not saying he’ll have a better career because I don’t know anything about the kid but his potential is way more than what yogi’s was.

Yogi was a 5 star PG MD All American, the only thing Lander has on him is 2-3 inches, and maybe a better shot at this point? He was not quicker than Yogi, lol. Yogis ballhandling and quickness was second to none.

Yogi was a 5 star PG MD All American, the only thing Lander has on him is 2-3 inches, and maybe a better shot at this point? He was not quicker than Yogi, lol. Yogis ballhandling and quickness was second to none.
quickness is pretty damn close

Once again you’re showing that you have no idea what you are talking about. Leander’s athleticism makes Yogi’s at that age seem average. Lander has truly freak athleticism. We’ll see if he can put it all together though and become a great great player.

17-18 shot chart.... He shoots a ton out of the paint. TJD would have 5 dots out of the paint....
https://www.rotoballer.com/domantas-sabonis-and-indianas-big-man-query/449646
That shot chart shows what I’ve been saying. Most of his shots are around the basket and I guarantee you if you found a current one he takes fewer outside shots now. Plus when he takes jumpers they are set shots. If he does go to the basket he gets the ball st the high post and takes his man down low. He’s not some kind of take his man off the dribble kind of guy, he just isn’t! Just because he fires up a few outside shots doesn’t mean he’s really a shooter either.

Once again you’re showing that you have no idea what you are talking about. Leander’s athleticism makes Yogi’s at that age seem average. Lander has truly freak athleticism. We’ll see if he can put it all together though and become a great great player.

bro, what is that athleticism gonna do when he drives to the paint in the big ten? He is built like a 16 year old boy right now. Yogi was a brick house by his senior year and could absorb hella contact.

unless lander shoots like Trey young, which will 100% not be allowed at IU, he ain’t a one and done.

There is absolutely no way to tell at this point how many years he will stay. People once thought we'd be lucky to have De'Ron Davis for two years....

bro, what is that athleticism gonna do when he drives to the paint in the big ten? He is built like a 16 year old boy right now. Yogi was a brick house by his senior year and could absorb hella contact.

unless lander shoots like Trey young, which will 100% not be allowed at IU, he ain’t a one and done.
Yeah, Lander is the first skinny guard to ever play basketball at a high level, I forgot, my bad.

I agree he has more natural talent then Yogi. Let's see if he puts the work in..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT