ADVERTISEMENT

Lander or Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I do actually. Holtmann hasn't brought in the talent turgeon has. In terms of recruiting rankings.
Of course you don't or you wouldn't have said something so silly. Holtmann had the #1 rated recruiting class in the B10 two years ago and currently has the #1 recruiting class in the country for 2022. What on Earth are you talking about?

You beat me to it. Kaufman and Furst don’t look ready to play”small”. Kaufman will get blown by at the 3. I bet both don’t get many minutes.
Kaufman isn't ready for the 3 and furst the 4. I've never once mentioned that. Not sure where I said that actually. I think kaufman needs some development as a whole actually.

Of course you don't or you wouldn't have said something so silly. Holtmann had the #1 rated recruiting class in the B10 two years ago and currently has the #1 recruiting class in the country for 2022. What on Earth are you talking about?
Having 4 guys in that class definitely helps, but their best player from that class essentially didn't play.

Purdue is like #4 right now. It's early for 2022.

Having 4 guys in that class definitely helps, but their best player from that class essentially didn't play.

Purdue is like #4 right now. It's early for 2022.
There is no way you can say that Chris Holtmann has overachieved while simultaneously claiming Turgeon has underachieved.

Kaufman isn't ready for the 3 and furst the 4. I've never once mentioned that. Not sure where I said that actually. I think kaufman needs some development as a whole actually.
If they go small that’s the lineup. Plus pork chop sold Kaufman as a 3 in a double post offense. You know better than me.😉

• Haha
Reactions: EarlTubbs
If they go small that’s the lineup. Plus pork chop sold Kaufman as a 3 in a double post offense. You know better than me.😉
Yes. Painter told Kaufman he would develop him into a three, as he should. That's his position in the NBA if he makes it. But he isn't playing the 3 this year. But a small lineup would be something like hunter, ivy, Newman, gillis, furst or trevion. If furst is the 4, that's a big lineup.

There is no way you can say that Chris Holtmann has overachieved while simultaneously claiming Turgeon has underachieved.
I don’t know about you, but I hate the expression “overachieve.” It seems to me you achieve or you don’t achieve. You might do better than the so-called experts project you to do, but good coaching and good performance are an achievement. Period.

Reactions: Hallrj3 and BoilerN
I don’t know about you, but I hate the expression “overachieve.” It seems to me you achieve or you don’t achieve. You might do better than the so-called experts project you to do, but good coaching and good performance are an achievement. Period.
That's actually a pretty fair point. And that's determined by "preseason rankings". I'm a fan of no rankings until about 4 weeks in for football and basketball truthfully.

Call it whatever you want, Turgeon has finished 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 8th, 8th in the B10 in Maryland's seven seasons as members.

Link to where painter said that? Or are you just FOS?
Painter didn’t say it on tape you doof. It was Kaufman. Said it in his commitment tape. You guys will argue that point until you convince yourselves he didn’t say it or promise it. It’s documented. Good luck with him playing the 3.

Painter didn’t say it on tape you doof. It was Kaufman. Said it in his commitment tape. You guys will argue that point until you convince yourselves he didn’t say it or promise it. It’s documented. Good luck with him playing the 3.
I won't deny it, but kaufman isn't playing the 3 next year. He will play some 3 down the road though.

I won't deny it, but kaufman isn't playing the 3 next year. He will play some 3 down the road though.
He’s not quick enough to guard a modern wing. He’s a modern 4. He’s a stretch 4 all day. If he plays at the 3 he’s getting burned on defense.

He’s not quick enough to guard a modern wing. He’s a modern 4. He’s a stretch 4 all day. If he plays at the 3 he’s getting burned on defense.
Not right now. We will see how he develops. I won't disagree, but I'm not a professional coach.

Didn’t see anything about him mentioning playing the 3 in a double post offense, you jackwad.

Lol. So Paynter doesn’t run a double post? Deflect and deny. You PUks crack me up. 1980 and UNT.
Sometimes he runs 2 bigs yes. Sometimes he runs 4 out. He's built a roster to be successful at both. What I love is guards are finally starting to realize they can can successful in his system.

Sometimes he runs 2 bigs yes. Sometimes he runs 4 out. He's built a roster to be successful at both. What I love is guards are finally starting to realize they can can successful in his system.
He’s not a 3 in either set.

If you are implying, you may as well day it. It's clear you believe it.
I don’t care what Purdue runs this year. They will vastly underachieve and IU will
Over achieve. IU will
Have a better record, seed, and will finish better in the tourney.

Hope you enjoyed our face plants last few decades. Shit is over, you are gonna be irrelevant again in terms of Indiana basketball, as soon as January.

If you are implying, you may as well day it. It's clear you believe it.
Dude, you and the your boys came over here. I told you Kaufman wasn’t a 3 in the two post offense. You guys got butthurt. He’s been sold a lie. He was recruited as a 3. Go back and think about it. I don’t care how much of each offense painter runs.

Dude, you and the your boys came over here. I told you Kaufman wasn’t a 3 in the two post offense. You guys got butthurt. He’s been sold a lie. He was recruited as a 3. Go back and think about it. I don’t care how much of each offense painter runs.
I'm not butthurt. I'm telling you he was recruited as a player Painter will try to develop into a 3. And he should try to develop into one. We don't know how he will turn out there. May not work. He won't play 3 next year, which you mentioned he would. I'm just here to discuss basketball. Bad takes like the one above about Purdue dropping to irrelevance are easy to ignore, but it's fun to discuss things you discuss. Just can't show bias or it becomes less fun for the other side.

I'm not butthurt. I'm telling you he was recruited as a player Painter will try to develop into a 3. And he should try to develop into one. We don't know how he will turn out there. May not work. He won't play 3 next year, which you mentioned he would. I'm just here to discuss basketball. Bad takes like the one above about Purdue dropping to irrelevance are easy to ignore, but it's fun to discuss things you discuss. Just can't show bias or it becomes less fun for the other side.
I mentioned how it would be terrible if he did. Never said he would. You guys aren’t very good at comprehension.

I mentioned how it would be terrible if he did. Never said he would. You guys aren’t very good at comprehension.
And I refuted by saying hard to say. In my opinion, he still hasn't completely grown into his body. I'm sure he will get quicker. Quick enough for the 3? Ask me in 2 years.

Bud, just stop. Think about it Romeo was FPOY, Lander was a five *, Crean was the next RMK, Miller is going to change it around, enjoy the last 2 decades!!! Imagine saying that as a fan. You simply can't change the mindset of this group. Good luck!

Reactions: BoilerN
Bud, just stop. Think about it Romeo was FPOY, Lander was a five *, Crean was the next RMK, Miller is going to change it around, enjoy the last 2 decades!!! Imagine saying that as a fan. You simply can't change the mindset of this group. Good luck!
Or that Purdue has done anything since 1980. GTFOH.

This summarizes it pretty well, actually. By all accounts, Painter has a plan for him. He may evolve as a player, he may not, but there’s a game plan. The reason we never had traction with him is because he sensed early on that Miller didn’t have a plan, and he simp,y didn’t want to get to Bloomington and find out they were kind of making it up as they went. Strong rumors that we weren’t even second for him, and this is why.

Reactions: mathboy and BoilerN
Didn’t see anything about him mentioning playing the 3 in a double post offense, you jackwad.

Then either Furst or TKR is getting the shaft down the road. Any lineup that involves Painter playing Williams/Edey and Furst together will feature double post. This pushes TKR out to the perimeter and forces him to guard quicker players.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I don’t care what Purdue runs this year. They will vastly underachieve and IU will
Over achieve. IU will
Have a better record, seed, and will finish better in the tourney.

Hope you enjoyed our face plants last few decades. Shit is over, you are gonna be irrelevant again in terms of Indiana basketball, as soon as January.

s-l400.jpg

Buy them before it’s too late.

• Love
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT