ADVERTISEMENT

Lander or Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was terrible in AAU. He was terrible in his first year. He will be terrible in year 2.
Ok buddy. Guess we will find out how bad Morton is once ready for the college game. I've never said you were right or wrong, yet, you insist on tearing down Morton. Then again, you tear down every Purdue player, regardless of talent. Hard to imagine a top 100 player being terrible truthfully. Most are good, just a matter of how good.

Reactions: Bill4411
Lol at you thinking Purdue is the favorite. Michigan is easily the favorite.

BTW, Purdue could go undefeated next year, and they would still suck.
I said a favorite. You can have a couple. Michigan needs Dickenson to come back and freshman to not be freshman in order to win imo. They lost a lot. Be an interesting year for sure. Osu, Purdue, and Michigan are going to go at it.

I said a favorite. You can have a couple. Michigan needs Dickenson to come back and freshman to not be freshman in order to win imo. They lost a lot. Be an interesting year for sure. Osu, Purdue, and Michigan are going to go at it.
Purdue is overrated as usual. You have the same team that got run out of the gym by North Texas lol.

Maryland should be the favorite.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Maryland????
Yup as long as Turgeon doesn't Turgeon, they picked up an AC A10 PG and plucked Georgetown's starting post. Which fills in the two glaring holes they had last year to go along with all the wings.

If everyone comes back that's supposed to ..

1. Fatts Russell
2. Ayala
3. Wiggins
4. Scott
5. Wuhab

that's five double digit scorers and a rim protector to solidify their defense.

Even if Wiggins stays in the draft .. they still have Hart to fill his spot..

It's a cookie cutter lineup, only issues are depth at the 1 and 5. OSU still doesn't have a point guard, neither does Purdue. (LOL at OSU taking Penn Sts weak ass guard) Mich is young, picked up a very productive mid major PG .. which they needed badly and added 3 possible pros in their freshman class..

So yea.. Maryland, Michigan, OSU, Purdue .. if Michigan's freshmen gel, they'll be the favorites.

Reactions: kkott
Yup as long as Turgeon doesn't Turgeon, they picked up an AC A10 PG and plucked Georgetown's starting post. Which fills in the two glaring holes they had last year to go along with all the wings.

If everyone comes back that's supposed to ..

1. Fatts Russell
2. Ayala
3. Wiggins
4. Scott
5. Wuhab

that's five double digit scorers and a rim protector to solidify their defense.

Even if Wiggins stays in the draft .. they still have Hart to fill his spot..

It's a cookie cutter lineup, only issues are depth at the 1 and 5. OSU still doesn't have a point guard, neither does Purdue. (LOL at OSU taking Penn Sts weak ass guard) Mich is young, picked up a very productive mid major PG .. which they needed badly and added 3 possible pros in their freshman class..

So yea.. Maryland, Michigan, OSU, Purdue .. if Michigan's freshmen gel, they'll be the favorites.
But turgeon is still their coach, so no matter what, they will be like 5th.

You mentioned Purdue doesn't have a PG. They don't need one. Hunter, ivy, and Thompson are fine.

• Haha
Reactions: TrojanFan004
But turgeon is still their coach, so no matter what, they will be like 5th.

You mentioned Purdue doesn't have a PG. They don't need one. Hunter, ivy, and Thompson are fine.
For as much crap as Turgeon gets, he's actually been a pretty solid regular season coach. Maryland has finished 3rd or better in 4 of their 7 seasons in the B10. Despite finishing 8th last year, Maryland likely overachieved given what they lost the year prior. I don't think many pegged them as a tournament team heading into last year.

Turg has always underachieved in the tournament when it matters, but really silly to not think Maryland has a very good chance of winning the B10 next year. Will likely have the most talented starting 5 in the B10 next year.

For as much crap as Turgeon gets, he's actually been a pretty solid regular season coach. Maryland has finished 3rd or better in 4 of their 7 seasons in the B10. Despite finishing 8th last year, Maryland likely overachieved given what they lost the year prior. I don't think many pegged them as a tournament team heading into last year.

Turg has always underachieved in the tournament when it matters, but really silly to not think Maryland has a very good chance of winning the B10 next year. Will likely have the most talented starting 5 in the B10 next year.
Overachieved? He consistently had the best talent in the big ten, yet can't win it. He's had like 7 NBA players plus stone, trimble, and Cowan. Seems like they are a favorite every year.

Reactions: BleedinGold
If Furst is going to start, it will be a double post. Kaufman can hit from deep, but probably won’t hit a high percentage.
I'd guess Gillis starts. Should at least. If you have to play furst at the 4, at least he can step out a little bit. Purdue has the luxury of going small or big, depending on matchups, without sacrificing talent on the floor. Assuming furst and trey are ready to play.

Overachieved? He consistently had the best talent in the big ten, yet can't win it. He's had like 7 NBA players plus stone, trimble, and Cowan. Seems like they are a favorite every year.
Huh? He won the B10 the year the tournament was cancelled. What are you talking about?

Huh? He won the B10 the year the tournament was cancelled. What are you talking about?
Hes gone 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 8th, 5th, 1st (with 6 big ten losses), 8th. While consistently having NBA caliber players. He's good, but I think he's underachieved compared to his talent.

• Wow
Reactions: jimmygoiu
Hes gone 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 8th, 5th, 1st (with 6 big ten losses), 8th. While consistently having NBA caliber players. He's good, but I think he's underachieved compared to his talent.
I said he overachieved this last year, given what they lost the year before. But you act like Turgeon has been a bad head coach in the B10. He hasn't. He's finished 3rd or better in 4/7 years Maryland has been in the B10. Acting like it's far-fetched to think Maryland can compete and win this B10 this year is silly. He's won it as recently as two years ago and has finished 2nd two other times.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I said he overachieved this last year, given what they lost the year before. But you act like Turgeon has been a bad head coach in the B10. He hasn't. He's finished 3rd or better in 4/7 years Maryland has been in the B10. Acting like it's far-fetched to think Maryland can compete and win this B10 this year is silly. He's won it as recently as two years ago and has finished 2nd two other times.
I don't expect them to and will be shocked if they do. Um, Purdue, and osu race. Unless Washington and liddell stay. Don't expect them to.

I'd guess Gillis starts. Should at least. If you have to play furst at the 4, at least he can step out a little bit. Purdue has the luxury of going small or big, depending on matchups, without sacrificing talent on the floor. Assuming furst and trey are ready to play.
Gillis is going to be out some games after his DUI. If Furst isn’t playing the 4, where does he play? Williams and Edey will get 100% of the minutes at the 5.

Gillis is going to be out some games after his DUI. If Furst isn’t playing the 4, where does he play? Williams and Edey will get 100% of the minutes at the 5.
Yup. Gillis will miss a couple games. You are probably correct. Probably 2-3 + and internal punishment. But I'm not going to act like him missing a couple will change anything for Purdue.

As for furst. Idk where he plays. I don't make millions of dollars to determine that. I think he's better fit for a small ball 5 than 4 at this point in his career. I'm sure you will see him at the four mostly. But in games where small ball is needed, his minutes probably reduce some. Unless Purdue is able to capitalize on the mismatch offensively without sacrificing defense. Like I said, Purdue has flexibility.

Signed,

North Texas,,,
I don't put much stock into 1 game with a young team that wasn't expected to do much. Win that game, yes. Bad first half for Purdue. Bad games happen. Now if it happens this year.... shouldn't have covid, injuries, or youth affecting the team as much. At least you hope.

I don't expect them to and will be shocked if they do. Um, Purdue, and osu race. Unless Washington and liddell stay. Don't expect them to.
Why would you be shocked if a team who has consistently contended for B10 titles wins it with arguably the most talented starting 5 in the B10 next year?

Turgeon has a better aggregate finish in the B10 than Holtmann does, why the love for Ohio State?

Yup. Gillis will miss a couple games. You are probably correct. Probably 2-3 + and internal punishment. But I'm not going to act like him missing a couple will change anything for Purdue.

As for furst. Idk where he plays. I don't make millions of dollars to determine that. I think he's better fit for a small ball 5 than 4 at this point in his career. I'm sure you will see him at the four mostly. But in games where small ball is needed, his minutes probably reduce some. Unless Purdue is able to capitalize on the mismatch offensively without sacrificing defense. Like I said, Purdue has flexibility.

You don't know what a small ball five is and what the role requires, do you. You think it just means they're smaller .... right?

lmao .... "small ball five" with a slow footed undersized post that can't be switched to smaller players. that's funny. .

Last edited:

One of those 4s is going to be pissed off with their playing time

I don't put much stock into 1 game with a young team that wasn't expected to do much. Win that game, yes. Bad first half for Purdue. Bad games happen. Now if it happens this year.... shouldn't have covid, injuries, or youth affecting the team as much. At least you hope.
Conference last year was very weak in guard play relative to the rest of the nation. Every major conference and even the A10 had better guards than the B1G. Did you watch the tourney .. weak guard play sent conference teams home. North Texas abused your guards... basically they suck balls and nothing that happened in the off season has fixed that. Your only hope is they improve drastically ..

Conference last year was very weak in guard play relative to the rest of the nation. Every major conference and even the A10 had better guards than the B1G. Did you watch the tourney .. weak guard play sent conference teams home. North Texas abused your guards... basically they suck balls and nothing that happened in the off season has fixed that. Your only hope is they improve drastically ..
Hunter, Newman, and ivey are a damn good trio of guards. After that it gets shaky but to act like they all “suck balls” just isn’t true. Then again I guess they can’t all be as good as lander.

Why would you be shocked if a team who has consistently contended for B10 titles wins it with arguably the most talented starting 5 in the B10 next year?

Turgeon has a better aggregate finish in the B10 than Holtmann does, why the love for Ohio State?
I think holtmann is a better coach and has overachieved thus far.

Sasha was never the same after covid, hunter seemed off all year post injury, Newman and ivy were freshman, ivy had an injury, Morton had mono. They all get another year of development in a development program. But nothing changed?

I think holtmann is a better coach and has overachieved thus far.
Overachieved? Lol.

He had a good first year (with Matta's players) and has finished 8th, 5th, and 5th in the B10 while failing to make it out of the first weekend of the tournament not to mention losing to a 15 seed. His resume is extremely Turgeon-like without the regular season success. Do you actually watch other B10 teams play?

Overachieved? Lol.

He had a good first year (with Matta's players) and has finished 8th, 8th, and 5th in the B10 while failing to make it out of the first weekend of the tournament not to mention losing to a 15 seed. His resume is extremely Turgeon-like without the regular season success. Do you actually watch other B10 teams play?
Yup. I do actually. Holtmann hasn't brought in the talent turgeon has. In terms of recruiting rankings.

You don't know what a small ball five is and what the role requires, do you. You think it just means they're smaller .... right?

lmao .... "small ball five" with a slow footed undersized post that can't be switched to smaller players. that's funny. .
You beat me to it. Kaufman and Furst don’t look ready to play”small”. Kaufman will get blown by at the 3. I bet both don’t get many minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT