ADVERTISEMENT

Lander or Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like mentioned above, he developed and became a good, not great shooter by the end of the year. Enough of a threat that you had to cover him.

You can't seriously think Europe is his limit can you?
He didn’t become a good shooter lol. He had two games where he got hot and went 8/20 from 3 (both losses btw). The other 21 games he was terrible. Two games is not a trend.

I think he will likely be drafted in the NBA after his 3rd year at Purdue. Likely in the late first/early 2nd round.

He didn’t become a good shooter lol. He had two games where he got hot and went 8/20 from 3 (both losses btw). The other 21 games he was terrible. Two games is not a trend.

I think he will likely be drafted in the NBA after his 3rd year at Purdue. Likely in the late first/early 2nd round.
Weird you mentioned Europe earlier then. Hope he stays 3 years. Would love it. Him and Brandon Newman would be a nice 2 and 3 for a couple years.

Yup. I'd be curious to know if he thinks Painter has had any good players at Purdue. My guess would be no. But maybe he will shock me.
Yes Painter has had good college players at Purdue. He hasn’t really had success helping players get to the NBA. I believe he has had two first round picks in 16 years (correct me if wrong). He has had several All Americans and All Big Ten players though.

Jaden Ivey just isn’t one of those... yet.

Yes Painter has had good college players at Purdue. He hasn’t really had success helping players get to the NBA. I believe he has had two first round picks in 16 years (correct me if wrong). He has had several All Americans and All Big Ten players though.

Jaden Ivey just isn’t one of those... yet.
Part of that is because Painter doesn't land NBA bodies. Makes it tough. I think he does great at developing actually.

Yes they would. Your 1 spot though....

I hope Ivey leaves after next year.
I like Morton at the 1 after one more year of Hunter. Hunter is going to come back strong after his injury and weird slump. Morton will be a solid, not outstanding player imo. Just needs time.

Part of that is because Painter doesn't land NBA bodies. Makes it tough. I think he does great at developing actually.
That lack of NBA bodies is what keeps him from postseason success, imo. I thought he was turning things around with Ivey, Newman, and Kaufman.

Reactions: BoilerN
I like Morton at the 1 after one more year of Hunter. Hunter is going to come back strong after his injury and weird slump. Morton will be a solid, not outstanding player imo. Just needs time.
We will have to agree to disagree on Morton. He’s exactly the player I thought he would be after watching his game with the Rens.

That lack of NBA bodies is what keeps him from postseason success, imo. I thought he was turning things around with Ivey, Newman, and Kaufman.
He still is imo. He's got to have a combination of shooting high IQ guys and higher end athletes. There is still plenty of room and potential guys that fit that mold. Washington, Heide to name a couple.

We will have to agree to disagree on Morton. He’s exactly the player I thought he would be after watching his game with the Rens.
I remember laughing when he hit that 3 in assembly hall because you or someone here had spent a lot of time talking shit about him leading up to that game.

most people understand his situation last year. I get that you don’t since you’re a rival fan. Hell, I’d probably “act” like he sucked if he was on IU. However, when there’s a pandemic that took early time away from all the freshman, his near month long bout with mono, his separate time he spent in quarantine, and the few days he was gone to deal with the death in the family, you can’t expect to have a kid get in any sort of rhythm. He was basically a redshirt last year that got to play because of the free year. Again, most understand that.

Reactions: B_Town_Buford
He still is imo. He's got to have a combination of shooting high IQ guys and higher end athletes. There is still plenty of room and potential guys that fit that mold. Washington, Heide to name a couple.
Since Kaufman committed, he has added Loyer, Waddell, and Smith. None are future NBA players. I don’t see how Heide is a future NBA player either. Washington has that potential, but he hasn’t been the same player since his injury.

I remember laughing when he hit that 3 in assembly hall because you or someone here had spent a lot of time talking shit about him leading up to that game.

most people understand his situation last year. I get that you don’t since you’re a rival fan. Hell, I’d probably “act” like he sucked if he was on IU. However, when there’s a pandemic that took early time away from all the freshman, his near month long bout with mono, his separate time he spent in quarantine, and the few days he was gone to deal with the death in the family, you can’t expect to have a kid get in any sort of rhythm. He was basically a redshirt last year that got to play because of the free year. Again, most understand that.
You laughed because he hit one 3? Lol

Every freshman in the country had limited preseason time due to the pandemic. As for Mono, that’s a weak excuse. He showed he wasn’t a good shooter/scorer in AAU. He just proved it further last year. He probably won’t be on your team after he doesn’t get many minutes this coming year.

• Haha
Reactions: IndyGlen
Since Kaufman committed, he has added Loyer, Waddell, and Smith. None are future NBA players. I don’t see how Heide is a future NBA player either. Washington has that potential, but he hasn’t been the same player since his injury.
Washington has been tearing it up this summer and is picking up offers left and right. UNC just offered I believe.

I'll refrain from saying Loyer, Waddell, and Smith aren't NBA players because I haven't seen them play at the college level. I'm sure no one thought Gordon Hayward was an NBA player in 2007.

Washington has been tearing it up this summer and is picking up offers left and right. UNC just offered I believe.

I'll refrain from saying Loyer, Waddell, and Smith aren't NBA players because I haven't seen them play at the college level. I'm sure no one thought Gordon Hayward was an NBA player in 2007.
Washington had a good spring session, but wasn’t great in his high school season.

Lol at comparing them to Gordon Hayward. That’s a once in a century type situation.

Washington had a good spring session, but wasn’t great in his high school season.

Lol at comparing them to Gordon Hayward. That’s a once in a century type situation.
A kid that was unranked, 6'7 175 or so. Butler offered. Painter looked.

How about Desmond Bane. Dylin Windler. Duncan Robinson.

A kid that was unranked, 6'7 175 or so. Butler offered. Painter looked.

How about Desmond Bane. Dylin Windler. Duncan Robinson.
You are naming all the outliers. It’s foolish to think you have 1 of those. It’s delusional to think you have 3.

You are naming all the outliers. It’s foolish to think you have 1 of those. It’s delusional to think you have 3.
Dakota Mathias. Ryan Cline probably could have made a roster had he tried. Should I keep going?

I never said any of them would make the NBA. Never said any of them would be good college players. So I've never thought Purdue had any of those.

What I am saying is you are shutting the door on them. Calling them a waste of a scholarship. Non big ten players. When none of them have played in the big ten.

Based off the logic on used, you would have said the same for each and every player above. That's what I'm getting at here. You are degrading guys before they even get to college with absolutely no basis as to why and no reasoning to back it up.

You laughed because he hit one 3? Lol

Every freshman in the country had limited preseason time due to the pandemic. As for Mono, that’s a weak excuse. He showed he wasn’t a good shooter/scorer in AAU. He just proved it further last year. He probably won’t be on your team after he doesn’t get many minutes this coming year.
Like I said, most get it. Also, yes I laughed when he hit a 3 to go back up 3 possessions.

Dakota Mathias. Ryan Cline probably could have made a roster had he tried. Should I keep going?

I never said any of them would make the NBA. Never said any of them would be good college players. So I've never thought Purdue had any of those.

What I am saying is you are shutting the door on them. Calling them a waste of a scholarship. Non big ten players. When none of them have played in the big ten.

Based off the logic on used, you would have said the same for each and every player above. That's what I'm getting at here. You are degrading guys before they even get to college with absolutely no basis as to why and no reasoning to back it up.
Dakota Mathias got to play in 8 NBA games when half the 76ers roster was quarantined. Cline would not have made a roster lol. That’s absolutely laughable.

I stated those 3 players are not future NBA players. Loyer will probably be a good college player. Waddell and Smith... not so much. The evidence is out there. Waddell was receiving zero interest from any other P5 team let alone actual offers. That should tell you all you need to know about Waddell. Smith was allegedly receiving interest from other P5 teams, but no one else had offered. Most of the time good players don’t jump at the first P5 offer they receive. That and the fact that Smith is 5’10” should tell you all you need to know about him.

Dakota Mathias got to play in 8 NBA games when half the 76ers roster was quarantined. Cline would not have made a roster lol. That’s absolutely laughable.

I stated those 3 players are not future NBA players. Loyer will probably be a good college player. Waddell and Smith... not so much. The evidence is out there. Waddell was receiving zero interest from any other P5 team let alone actual offers. That should tell you all you need to know about Waddell. Smith was allegedly receiving interest from other P5 teams, but no one else had offered. Most of the time good players don’t jump at the first P5 offer they receive. That and the fact that Smith is 5’10” should tell you all you need to know about him.
Again, Desmond Bane and Gordon Hayward got little to no p5 interest. But if you insist on tearing down and belittling players abilities before ever seeing them at that level, go for it. Saying they are a reach is one thing. Saying they won't be good college players is another.

They say Smith is over 6' now. FYI. Nothing concrete to prove that. But idk why 5'10 is a limiting factor.

Again, Desmond Bane and Gordon Hayward got little to no p5 interest. But if you insist on tearing down and belittling players abilities before ever seeing them at that level, go for it. Saying they are a reach is one thing. Saying they won't be good college players is another.

They say Smith is over 6' now. FYI. Nothing concrete to prove that. But idk why 5'10 is a limiting factor.
Okay, Waddell and Smith are MAJOR reaches. Is that better?

You don’t understand why 5’10” is a limiting factor for a player who doesn’t possess elite athleticism or quickness?

Okay, Waddell and Smith are MAJOR reaches. Is that better?

You don’t understand why 5’10” is a limiting factor for a player who doesn’t possess elite athleticism or quickness?
Not after watching PJ Thompson have a really good career. I'm guessing you thought he was a major reach as well. To go along with Cline, Bane, and Hayward.

Not after watching PJ Thompson have a really good career. I'm guessing you thought he was a major reach as well. To go along with Cline, Bane, and Hayward.
PJ was a major reach. How good could those Purdue teams have been had they had a good PG? Cline had 1 season at Purdue where he was anything more than a role player.

Im not sure why you are grasping at the few diamonds in the rough players there have been in the last 10-15 years when there are thousands of similarly ranked players that turned out poorly.

1. He's a much better catch and shoot 3 pt shooter then shooting off the dribble.
Everyone shoots better off the catch than the bounce.

He still couldn't shoot straight regardless.

the kid has potential but his low IQ will always get in the way.

Reactions: TrojanFan004
When was the last point guard lead a team to a 30 win season for IU? Forgot wins aren't important here, championships are.
PJ didn’t lead them to anything. He was the only viable option to play that position. Carsen, Vince, and Haas lead that team to 30 wins (and only a Sweet 16).

Reactions: kkott
You must really be bored.... why can't Morton guard the 1?
Because he's way too slow footed, especially laterally to guard 1's. He can barely defend as it is. Have you ever watched basketball before?

Because he's way too slow footed, especially laterally to guard 1's. He can barely defend as it is. Have you ever watched basketball before?
I haven't really watched a healthy and ready to go Morton. Neither have you. So I guess time will tell. But if Morton can't. Ivy, Newman, Thompson, Hunter. Just to name a few. Hunter is one of the best defenders in the big ten.

I haven't really watched a healthy and ready to go Morton. Neither have you. So I guess time will tell. But if Morton can't. Ivy, Newman, Thompson, Hunter. Just to name a few. Hunter is one of the best defenders in the big ten.
You haven’t watched a healthy Morton? I saw him play many games healthy for the Rens. He was terrible.

The rest of the conference after reading that

dd51d2c39c53f6720b8166dee879e16f.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BleedinGold
He played the same way this year he played when fully healthy during AAU. Using Mono as an excuse is laughable.
Guess we will find out. Aau ball is very different from college ball. To act like mono didn't affect his year 1 is laughable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT