ADVERTISEMENT

Lander or Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only a pompous jerk, but also a narcissist. Self explanatory on the truthless comment - the fact you can't figure it out is mindboggling. What year did you graduate from IU again, junior?
You continue to say nothing because you have nothing to say. Even for someone like you, this is the simple truth you cannot comprehend.

E7PdIunWUAMLKLp

I'd be a lot more impressed if I saw Lander shooting behind the 3 pt. line and making most of his shots. Maybe by improving his leaping ability he'll be able to make a layup this year. Lastly, how about video of him actually guarding somebody. I'm not an Ivey fan, but Lander has a lot to work on from the basketball skill side.

I'd be a lot more impressed if I saw Lander shooting behind the 3 pt. line and making most of his shots. Maybe by improving his leaping ability he'll be able to make a layup this year. Lastly, how about video of him actually guarding somebody. I'm not an Ivey fan, but Lander has a lot to work on from the basketball skill side.
You don't think having that type of explosiveness helps with everything you pointed out then you have no clue what you're talking about and are just bleating out stupid shit because you're butthurt and he disappointed you last year. His skill level is already very high - I know you don't see that either but I pointed out a possible reason why in the first sentence.

You don't think having that type of explosiveness helps with everything you pointed out then you have no clue what you're talking about and are just bleating out stupid shit because you're butthurt and he disappointed you last year. His skill level is already very high - I know you don't see that either but I pointed out a possible reason why in the first sentence.
Being a sky high jumper does nothing for your shot, look at Justin Smith, one of the worst shooters I've ever seen and his jumping ability was off the charts. Not sure where you get your basketball expertise, but the two (jumping ability and shooting) do not necessarily go together and definitely do not indicate future shooting skills. In terms of his skill level, I'm waiting to see what happens this season. Last season, he had no business on a power 5 roster. He was terrible and while there may be many valid reasons (too young and too physically immature for a couple) for it, missing layups and shooting air balls and bricks didn't speak to a skill level commensurate with major college basketball. Maybe this season will be different, at least I hope so, but last season's performance wasn't indicative of of a great skill level.

• Wow
Reactions: EarlTubbs
I don’t care what Purdue runs this year. They will vastly underachieve and IU will
Over achieve. IU will
Have a better record, seed, and will finish better in the tourney.

Hope you enjoyed our face plants last few decades. Shit is over, you are gonna be irrelevant again in terms of Indiana basketball, as soon as January.

I see you laughing @B_Town_Buford. Don't make me come break some knee caps looking for my pay out come April!!

Reactions: B_Town_Buford
I see you laughing @B_Town_Buford. Don't make me come break some knee caps looking for my pay out come April!!

Sup buddy. I haven't been around for a minute, good to see things are not just alive over here but thriving.

Yup, our friendly little wager is still on...should be a fun season to watch unfold. Hope youre having a good summer dude.

Sup buddy. I haven't been around for a minute, good to see things are not just alive over here but thriving.

Yup, our friendly little wager is still on...should be a fun season to watch unfold. Hope youre having a good summer dude.

Same to you buddy, been a great summer. Looking forward to this season and some friendly back and forth between us :).

Reactions: billyhillui
CBSSports had an article on 2022 Way too Early Draft and predicted Ivey as a Lottery Pick, #5.

CBSSports had an article on 2022 Way too Early Draft and predicted Ivey as a Lottery Pick, #5.

He will be lucky to be top 20.

He will be lucky to be top 20.
The predictions they are making for him are laughable. He would have to make an incredibly big jump to even be close to lottery pick. 25th- undrafted seems more likely.

The predictions they are making for him are laughable. He would have to make an incredibly big jump to even be close to lottery pick. 25th- undrafted seems more likely.
It's all about projections vs how good they are now. Guys get drafted top 25 with worse statistics than ivy each year.

It's all about projections vs how good they are now. Guys get drafted top 25 with worse statistics than ivy each year.
Stats don’t mean shit. Ivey has average SG height. He’s average by NBA standards athletically. He’s only got a 6’7” wingspan, so it isn’t like he’s got a ton of length.

So he has an average NBA build, and can’t shoot from deep and is a below average ball handler for his position. He’s okay attacking the basket, but he isn’t elite at that. Nothing about him says lottery pick let alone top 5 pick. He’s a poor man’s Romeo Langford.

Being a sky high jumper does nothing for your shot, look at Justin Smith, one of the worst shooters I've ever seen and his jumping ability was off the charts. Not sure where you get your basketball expertise, but the two (jumping ability and shooting) do not necessarily go together and definitely do not indicate future shooting skills. In terms of his skill level, I'm waiting to see what happens this season. Last season, he had no business on a power 5 roster. He was terrible and while there may be many valid reasons (too young and too physically immature for a couple) for it, missing layups and shooting air balls and bricks didn't speak to a skill level commensurate with major college basketball. Maybe this season will be different, at least I hope so, but last season's performance wasn't indicative of of a great skill level.
It matters if you get your legs in the shot. Yogi's shot improved tremendously when got more elevation in his jump shot.

They do. But someone like Ayo Dosunmu who I regularly see Ivey compared to had a monster stat line and got drafted in the 2nd round. If you’re under 6’6, you need to a world-class shooter or a type flight ball handler, and in some cases both to be a lottery pick.

Stats don’t mean shit. Ivey has average SG height. He’s average by NBA standards athletically. He’s only got a 6’7” wingspan, so it isn’t like he’s got a ton of length.

So he has an average NBA build, and can’t shoot from deep and is a below average ball handler for his position. He’s okay attacking the basket, but he isn’t elite at that. Nothing about him says lottery pick let alone top 5 pick. He’s a poor man’s Romeo Langford.
Well. I said stats don't mean anything. So... we agree. Ivy is a better shooter and defender than Romeo. Idk why Romeo ever went to iu.

Well. I said stats don't mean anything. So... we agree. Ivy is a better shooter and defender than Romeo. Idk why Romeo ever went to iu.
Lol what makes you think Ivey is a better shooter than Romeo? Even with a torn ligament in his shooting hand, Romeo shot a better percentage than Ivey as a freshman. That’s even with Romeo being the focal point of the defense while Ivey was not.
Ivey is a poor man’s Romeo.

They do. But someone like Ayo Dosunmu who I regularly see Ivey compared to had a monster stat line and got drafted in the 2nd round. If you’re under 6’6, you need to a world-class shooter or a type flight ball handler, and in some cases both to be a lottery pick.
I thought Dayo was way under drafted. NBA draft is weird. I'm sure Ivey's mom helps.

Lol what makes you think Ivey is a better shooter than Romeo? Even with a torn ligament in his shooting hand, Romeo shot a better percentage than Ivey as a freshman. That’s even with Romeo being the focal point of the defense while Ivey was not.
Ivey is a poor man’s Romeo.
Barely better. Ivy showed great improvement as he got healthy and became more of a focal point. Ivy was brought on slow due to injury. End of season isn't comparable to start.

Barely better. Ivy showed great improvement as he got healthy and became more of a focal point. Ivy was brought on slow due to injury. End of season isn't comparable to start.
Lol first of all learn how to spell your player’s name.

Secondly, tell me what Ivey’s stats were the first 10 games compared to the last 10 regular season games. He got hot in the BTT and in the tournament against a mediocre team. If you take away the tournament games, his stats weren’t really any different in the end of the season as they were in the beginning.

Lol first of all learn how to spell your player’s name.

Secondly, tell me what Ivey’s stats were the first 10 games compared to the last 10 regular season games. He got hot in the BTT and in the tournament against a mediocre team. If you take away the tournament games, his stats weren’t really any different in the end of the season as they were in the beginning.
Ope. A little typo. Doesn't mean I don't know it. Since you have them handy, care to provide? BTT should count though no?

Ope. A little typo. Doesn't mean I don't know it. Since you have them handy, care to provide? BTT should count though no?
It wasn’t a typo. You say “Ivy” in every post on this board.

1st 10 games:
FG%: 37.5%
3Pt%: 18.5%
FT%: 55%

Last 10 regular season games:

FG%: 39.1%
3pt%: 22.7%
FT%: 85.7%

So he went from terrible to slightly less terrible in FG% and 3pt%. He did improve his FT%, so you do have that going for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT