ADVERTISEMENT

Lander or Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think schools should be discussing either active litigation and / or the medical conditions of students? Even for Purdue, that would be stupid and likely a violation of the law. You’re not very smart. And I find it telling that you wouldn’t condemn the behavior of some of our fans.
I condemn this post. You always sympathize with the “others”. Why didn’t Haas receive punishment? I’ll tell you. Purdue had its best chance ever to go all the way. They knew this was the best shot. I find it ironic and fitting that Karma got him. I get why Purdue and painter can’t comment but to just act like nothing happened is very Izzo.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I condemn this post. You always sympathize with the “others”. Why didn’t Haas receive punishment? I’ll tell you. Purdue had its best chance ever to go all the way. They knew this was the best shot. I find it ironic and fitting that Karma got him. I get why Purdue and painter can’t comment but to just act like nothing happened is very Izzo.
I was just being truthful. Purdue can’t talk about it anymore than IU couldn’t talk about it when Devin Davis was injured or certain student-athletes complained of mistreatment by coaches and the medical staff. You just can’t go there, no matter how much people want to throw out the rules so they can trash their rival.

I was just being truthful. Purdue can’t talk about it anymore than IU couldn’t talk about it when Devin Davis was injured or certain student-athletes complained of mistreatment by coaches and the medical staff. You just can’t go there, no matter how much people want to throw out the rules so they can trash their rival.
Punishment is handled confidentially all the time. Why not in this case? BS on the truthful comment. You are largely truthless. Trashing rivals is commonplace, why so defensive in this case and others - i think we know why.

Punishment is handled confidentially all the time. Why not in this case? BS on the truthful comment. You are largely truthless. Trashing rivals is commonplace, why so defensive in this case and others - i think we know why.
Nope, I was and am completely truthful. Your argument is that trashing your rival resets the rules, and that’s simply dishonest. As our play over the last two decades has gone down, the knowledge of our fan base has gone with it. Try to be even a little more intelligent.

Nope, I was and am completely truthful. Your argument is that trashing your rival resets the rules, and that’s simply dishonest. As our play over the last two decades has gone down, the knowledge of our fan base has gone with it. Try to be even a little more intelligent.
I personally wasn’t arguing about coaches or administrators not/can’t comment. I’m arguing that he should not have been playing. The accusations alone get players suspended until further notice. This was a “turn your head nothing happened” moment. We will just have to wait for the outcome of his charges.

Your comment is not truthful, but you'll never concede to that. Your last comment is typical. Whatever makes you feel better.

I personally wasn’t arguing about coaches or administrators not/can’t comment. I’m arguing that he should not have been playing. The accusations alone get players suspended until further notice. This was a “turn your head nothing happened” moment. We will just have to wait for the outcome of his charges.
I can only think of one other ”occurrence” like this involving an athlete (Jabrill Peppers), and he wasn’t suspended, either. On what basis should Haas have been suspended, since this wasn’t a criminal matter? I have no idea what Haas’ coach knew or what he said in his defense, so I’m not at all qualified to say whether he should be punished, though.

I’d be willing to wager that this is far more common on college campuses (and with college athletes) than many would want to believe, and I’m not at all sure where the discipline line gets drawn. Perea drove drunk and did property damage and sat two games. One of our players nearly killed another of our players and remained on the team, only to transgress again. Glass locker rooms don’t matter to rival fans, but that doesn’t mean their conclusions are clear headed.

Your comment is not truthful, but you'll never concede to that. Your last comment is typical. Whatever makes you feel better.
It was completely truthful, and you’ve done nothing to show otherwise. Not one thing. Put up or slither away.

I can only think of one other ”occurrence” like this involving an athlete (Jabrill Peppers), and he wasn’t suspended, either. On what basis should Haas have been suspended, since this wasn’t a criminal matter? I have no idea what Haas’ coach knew or what he said in his defense, so I’m not at all qualified to say whether he should be punished, though.

I’d be willing to wager that this is far more common on college campuses (and with college athletes) than many would want to believe, and I’m not at all sure where the discipline line gets drawn. Perea drove drunk and did property damage and sat two games. One of our players nearly killed another of our players and remained on the team, only to transgress again. Glass locker rooms don’t matter to rival fans, but that doesn’t mean their conclusions are clear headed.
It most certainly is a criminal matter. If you knowingly infect people. He’s being accused of it and until it’s sorted should’ve been benched. Why are you downplaying this? Would you downplay rape, drug use, alcohol, theft? Is it likely he gets time or criminal charges? No but it shouldn’t be dismissed as no big deal. What would you do if he knowingly infected you? I bet throw rocks at that glass house.

guilty until proven innocent?
Lol. Of course he’s innocent. I would just dismiss it and on top of that give him commendations. He’s a great guy and doesn’t deserve criticism. Now go away. Don’t you have corn to shuck for the Purdue ladies?

Lol. Of course he’s innocent. I would just dismiss it and on top of that give him commendations. He’s a great guy and doesn’t deserve criticism. Now go away. Don’t you have corn to shuck for the Purdue ladies?
Well you suggested had that news came out during the season that he should be benched as soon as he was accused. That’s a dangerous path to take.

Now I don’t know the whole story but know he played summer league not long after he was accused and has proceeded to play g league and overseas since then. If the professional leagues thought something was up they would have dropped Haas on the spot like they did Adrian Payne who had a far better skill set for the nba.

side note - nothing but respect to all the farmers out there providing me with the corn to shuck for my Purdue ladies

It most certainly is a criminal matter. If you knowingly infect people. He’s being accused of it and until it’s sorted should’ve been benched. Why are you downplaying this? Would you downplay rape, drug use, alcohol, theft? Is it likely he gets time or criminal charges? No but it shouldn’t be dismissed as no big deal. What would you do if he knowingly infected you? I bet throw rocks at that glass house.
Haas was arrested and prosecuted? Would you post that link as I was unaware it had become a criminal matter, as you’ve stated it is. Thanks.

Nor have you. I think most would agree that you should go away, you pompous jerk.
Show me where I wasn’t truthful or go away. You’re simply making baseless allegations, which makes my point about your ignorance. Try to be a little smarter.

Show me where I wasn’t truthful or go away. You’re simply making baseless allegations, which makes my point about your ignorance. Try to be a little smarter.
Don't need to show you, as it's self explanatory. You can figure it out, I know you can.

Don't need to show you, as it's self explanatory. You can figure it out, I know you can.
You’re babbling like a fool. I’ve been completely truthful, which is why you can’t come up with anything. You’re a great example of the dumbing down of our fan base. Congrats.

You’re babbling like a fool. I’ve been completely truthful, which is why you can’t come up with anything. You’re a great example of the dumbing down of our fan base. Congrats.
I guess you couldn't figure it out, idiot. Enjoy the evening, by yourself.

Shorter version . . . You got nothing. Just an example of the dumbing down of our fan base. Congrats.
You've never had anything. I've experienced the pinnacle of IU hoops in the seventies and early eighties while graduating in 81'. You? Please enlighten us.

You've never had anything. I've experienced the pinnacle of IU hoops in the seventies and early eighties while graduating in 81'. You? Please enlighten us.
Have experienced all of that. You said I wasn’t being truthful and then, despite repeated requests, have never offered proof. Either give us something of substance or run along, sport.

Have experienced all of that. You said I wasn’t being truthful and then, despite repeated requests, have never offered proof. Either give us something of substance or run along, sport.
Classic Birnk - "Sport". Very cute. You can figure it out, junior.

He is. Sad to see. You also said trevion would become that.... that's what he was talking about. Your ability to trash athletes.
Still waiting on your version of what happened in TAH with regard to Haas' sister. I am the only person on this thread that was actually present, the two here that say they were are lying as usual.

Be specific...and accurate...because I will be.

Still waiting on your version of what happened in TAH with regard to Haas' sister. I am the only person on this thread that was actually present, the two here that say they were are lying as usual.

Be specific...and accurate...because I will be.
So you know who was there and who wasn't? Impressive you know every person and was able to hear every small comment. Not gonna lie.

But, I dropped out of this pissing argument. Every school has issues and I'm not about to attack players for mistakes. Haas has been called out multiple times here, but I haven't once called out any iu players. I'm above that, but both have had issues. No one knows if haas was punished or not. I should have never got involved with non sports topics. Thanks for understanding.

So you know who was there and who wasn't? Impressive you know every person and was able to hear every small comment. Not gonna lie.

But, I dropped out of this pissing argument. Every school has issues and I'm not about to attack players for mistakes. Haas has been called out multiple times here, but I haven't once called out any iu players. I'm above that, but both have had issues. No one knows if haas was punished or not. I should have never got involved with non sports topics. Thanks for understanding.
“I’m above that” LOL

Certain “mistakes” are worse than others. Haas is a POS.
Yes. Assault, what haas did, all of that is horrible. I agree. But it happens everywhere. So I'm not going to criticize a school, coach, or program for what a player did. Equally, I'm not going to constantly attack a person for a mistake made. He made a mistake, apologized. I'm not going to hover it over his head forever, because he also has some redeeming qualities. Do you hate iu players that have made poor mistakes as well?

Yup. I try not to attack or judge people based on mistakes. Everyone makes them. That usually isn't a representation of who they are though. That not ok?
And yet you were quick to run with a false narrative about a fan base's actions toward a player's sister. Attacking them for something that was made up.

Rather hypocritical.

And yet you were quick to run with a false narrative about a fan base's actions toward a player's sister. Attacking them for something that was made up.

Rather hypocritical.
I took it back and it was wrong to do. That's why I said I should have never brought it up, then proceeded to explain why and my position on that stuff. And also mentioned I wouldn't be participating in the degradation of people, but instead talk sports only. But that still doesn't take away from it and the fact that it was even a topic of discussion.

I took it back and it was wrong to do. That's why I said I should have never brought it up, then proceeded to explain why and my position on that stuff. And also mentioned I wouldn't be participating in the degradation of people, but instead talk sports only. But that still doesn't take away from it and the fact that it was even a topic of discussion.
That is fine, there are still a lot of PU fans that run with that false story. There are things to criticize IU fans for, but that made up story is not one of them.

Peyton lost his cool and F'd up. He was punished by the state and behind closed doors by the team. Both were wrong, but one was premeditated.
It’s funny how PUkes using a completely different crime to “justify” an action. What a bunch of Hypocrites. What this douche did was multiple times over and over. You make mistakes. Once is a slap but to do it knowingly over and over is just awful and shameful.

And yet again, you still offer nothing. Glad to know you’re every bit as stupid as I knew you were. And you didn’t experience a thing or you‘d know much more than you do.
Nothing to figure out. I’ve been completely truthful and you have nothing but ignorance, sport. It’s obvious your fandom isn’t close to what you claim, but you know that.

Funny how some of the posters above miss the fact Haas himself figured criminal negligence. He may not be prosecuted because of a technicality in Indiana law but other states do prosecute. He’s a real POS.
So, you were either lying or simply ignorant regarding the issue of criminality, right? I’m no Haas fan, but you shouldn’t discuss stuff that’s obviously outside of your understanding.

Reactions: Bill4411
And yet again, you still offer nothing. Glad to know you’re every bit as stupid as I knew you were. And you didn’t experience a thing or you‘d know much more than you do.

Nothing to figure out. I’ve been completely truthful and you have nothing but ignorance, sport. It’s obvious your fandom isn’t close to what you claim, but you know that.
Not only a pompous jerk, but also a narcissist. Self explanatory on the truthless comment - the fact you can't figure it out is mindboggling. What year did you graduate from IU again, junior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT