ADVERTISEMENT

Lander Oficially 2020

Some school officials have said no sports if no classes.
I have a thought (alert, conspiracy theory). If we are learning that many business meetings can be done virtually and avoid travel and large groups; it seems this applies to academic learning as well.
This would be an economic blow to schools-no room and board for example. I wonder if they will do all to try and keep the status quo. Would they hold sports hostage?
Ok, I get it. Who killed JFK and the air force is hiding aliens.
Sorry.

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
Officially bringing in the top recruit of the conference again. Also a multi year guy like TJD. The foundation has solidly been built

Absolutely. Like I said before, coronavirus has prevented Trey and his family from sitting down with academic support staff. Education truly is important to Trey, and the family would like to commit once they've had a chance to meet with the academic folks.

I forget who the recruiting expert was (Eric Bossi?), but one of the pundits predicted Kaufman would be the next IU commit too.

It’s pretty clear we are going to have the Talent to win the Big Ten Championship in the near future. If Archie is the coach that we all hope he is, this will happen.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Officially bringing in the top recruit of the conference again. Also a multi year guy like TJD. The foundation has solidly been built
“The foundation” - the most overused and misunderstood term in college sports.

This isn’t the pros where a guy can stay 10-15 years. The only “foundation”, the only constant, is the coach. That’s it. Players come and go. Both of those guys could be gone in a year. Players can never be your foundation in college sports.

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
Absolutely. Like I said before, coronavirus has prevented Trey and his family from sitting down with academic support staff. Education truly is important to Trey, and the family would like to commit once they've had a chance to meet with the academic folks.

If only there was an app that allowed folks to connect remotely for meetings. Maybe we should get Al Gore to look in to this?

This isn’t the pros where a guy can stay 10-15 years. The only “foundation”, the only constant, is the coach. That’s it. Players come and go. Both of those guys could be gone in a year. Players can never be your foundation in college sports.

Look who's feeling down. Poor little guy. :oops:

If only there was an app that allowed folks to connect remotely for meetings. Maybe we should get Al Gore to look in to this?
All jokes aside, Kaufman and his camp aren't in a rush to make a formal announcement. Putting the finishing touches on making a major life decision isn't exactly meant to be done over a video-sharing app. Again, I'm not wrong on these things. I only provide the information I'm given, which has always been very accurate and reliable.

Reactions: MrBing
Miller's first three recruiting classes have been outstanding. He has recruited three consecutive Indiana Mr. Basketballs for the first time in IU history. Every recruit is ranked in the top 150 and each class has been topped off with a very highly ranked recruit too (Romeo, TJD and Lander). A lot of people think Kaufman is going to be the highly ranked recruit for 2021 - and also possibly the 4th consecutive Indiana Mr. Basketball. You'd have to strain yourself finding a way to criticize these recruiting classes. I can think of a few here that are willing to strain themselves trying to do so . . .

All jokes aside, Kaufman and his camp aren't in a rush to make a formal announcement. Putting the finishing touches on making a major life decision isn't exactly meant to be done over a video-sharing app. Again, I'm not wrong on these things. I only provide the information I'm given, which has always been very accurate and reliable.

I don't doubt you, but if that's the only issue, that seems easily addressed remotely right now. There's been chatter they are waiting on a UK offer and that Bossi (I think that's who it was) post, actually mentioned this, but said ultimately he thinks they'll pick IU. That sounds like a more likely reason... or that they just haven't truly decided yet.

Whatever you say Albert. You may be right, but I know not having the players can't be your foundation; we've proven that already.

I don't doubt you, but if that's the only issue, that seems easily addressed remotely right now. There's been chatter they are waiting on a UK offer and that Bossi (I think that's who it was) post, actually mentioned this, but said ultimately he thinks they'll pick IU. That sounds like a more likely reason... or that they just haven't truly decided yet.
Heard that too. If he does get an offer it would be very late. They had scouts looking at him last year.

Does Al or anyone else jump ship because of this news?

I swear, only the IU fanbase sweats over bringing in good players like this. No, AD is a senior, not a PG and should recognize as much as anyone we need depth in our backcourt. If anyone was threatened, it would be Phinisee, but again, after his injury riddled last year, I think he'll understand and be fine. We need depth and good players at all positions. If guys are threatened by a reasonable approach like that, we're better off without them. All top programs are bringing in good players every year. Landers minutes will mostly come from those DG is leaving behind. Maybe it will cost AD and RP a couple minutes a game, but if the team is better, all good team players will be good with that to get a talent that elevates the team.

hope there is a "this season".
I doubt there will be. I work there and there is just not time to prep for on campus until there is a vaccine. There's really no "virtual coaching" option or virtual games unless they want to decide things on their NBA 2K skills. The admins are keeping options open, but my guess is the summer is not enough time to prep, so they will soon have to call it one way or the other. Lander is a great player, but it's completely possible he never sets foot in Assembly Hall if his game evolves to the point he could be drafted after a year of self-honing his skills

I doubt there will be. I work there and there is just not time to prep for on campus until there is a vaccine. There's really no "virtual coaching" option or virtual games unless they want to decide things on their NBA 2K skills. The admins are keeping options open, but my guess is the summer is not enough time to prep, so they will soon have to call it one way or the other. Lander is a great player, but it's completely possible he never sets foot in Assembly Hall if his game evolves to the point he could be drafted after a year of self-honing his skills

Not only will there be basketball, there will be college football played in the fall. Will be in a limited capacity most likely without spectators, but a season nonetheless. Vaccine or no vaccine.

Miller's first three recruiting classes have been outstanding. He has recruited three consecutive Indiana Mr. Basketballs for the first time in IU history. Every recruit is ranked in the top 150 and each class has been topped off with a very highly ranked recruit too (Romeo, TJD and Lander). A lot of people think Kaufman is going to be the highly ranked recruit for 2021 - and also possibly the 4th consecutive Indiana Mr. Basketball. You'd have to strain yourself finding a way to criticize these recruiting classes. I can think of a few here that are willing to strain themselves trying to do so . . .
For context UNC has 5 guys coming in ranked from 12-60. UK has 5 5 stars. Duke’s class is loaded. These are the teams we’re trying to be. One great recruit and 2-3 average 100-150 guys isn’t going to get the job done.

Not only will there be basketball, there will be college football played in the fall. Will be in a limited capacity most likely without spectators, but a season nonetheless. Vaccine or no vaccine.
maybe no Vaccine, sometime their no Vaccine for a virus but the cure will be worse than the disease no jobs,food,shelter or basketball! lol

For context UNC has 5 guys coming in ranked from 12-60. UK has 5 5 stars. Duke’s class is loaded. These are the teams we’re trying to be. One great recruit and 2-3 average 100-150 guys isn’t going to get the job done.

Yet, in the last 5 seasons, who has won more national titles - any of those three, or Villanova?

I'd much rather have a nice blend of veterans with 5 stars added in, much like 'Nova or UNC. Playing the OAD game year after year has worked out well for Cal & Coach K after not having veterans around with their young talent, hasn't it?

Reactions: MrBing

We haven’t been that type of program since the late 80s. Heck, Coach K didn’t even run that type of program until about 7-8 years ago. And we’ve been down this argument path before. Many of us don’t want the UK model. Their results, yes. Their methods, no. Revolving door, one and done mercenaries every year, nope. I’ll take Michigan State, Virginia, Villanova type approach. And while Archies probably not at Izzo and Wrights level yet recruiting wise...give him a season or two competing for B10 title and making waves in the NCAA, and I bet the average recruit rating gets a little better and better each year. As it stands, his 20’ class is currently the best in the B10.

He does need to make a jump in conference wins though. Without it, all the other noticeable improvements won’t mean anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT