ADVERTISEMENT

Lame Duck damage

I don't recall ever 'promoting' something from Bill Maher, but if he had a cogent point worth sharing that added to the conversation here, I'd share it.

Sorry that one or both of those guys seem to trigger you. You can hide my posts if you like.

Trigger? Laughing at the concept is hardly triggered.

and yes it was you that promoted Bill maher as someone worth listening to.

You forgot that Michael Moore is a moron.

Whether Moore is a moron is debatable, and I don't care enough to argue. But unless you have me blocked, you seem to sort of be ignoring the fact that Miss Lindsey publicly urged Conservative SCOTUS's to retire in the link I posted from May 29th. Basically, Moore is reporting on something that has already occurred...

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Trigger? Laughing at the concept is hardly triggered.

and yes it was you that promoted Bill maher as someone worth listening to.
As someone else mentioned, Lindsay Graham posited the idea of asking older justices to step down, so regardless of what you think of Michael Moore or whether or not he said it is beside the point.

And OK. Fine. If you remember me posting something about Bill Maher then I guess I did. It’s nice to have a fan/follower here.

Whether Moore is a moron is debatable, and I don't care enough to argue. But unless you have me blocked, you seem to sort of be ignoring the fact that Miss Lindsey publicly urged Conservative SCOTUS's to retire in the link I posted from May 29th. Basically, Moore is reporting on something that has already occurred...

I don’t block anyone.

I went back and read the actual transcript of the interview with Hewitt that the Guardian article referenced. The conversation centered around whether any judges who retired would be replaced before the election. During this conversation, Graham was asked if he knew of any justices eligible for senior status who would take it. Graham said no, but if there were, and they cared about having a center right court, they should take it.

He was asked a question and he answered it. It wasn’t something he conceived and presented. Seemed to me like a normal response for a politician.

Here’s the exchange.

HH: No matter what you do, I think it’ll be bipartisan. Let me turn, Senator, to your chairmanship of the Judiciary Committee, a number of questions. First of all, do you have any knowledge of any of the nine Supreme Court justices retiring this summer/

LG: No.

HH: If one did, and you just said you don’t know that one would, but if one or even two did, would successors be confirmed before the election?

LG: I think that would be the goal. I mean, you know, the Merrick Garland situation was a party in the White House and a different party in the Senate. That doesn’t lie here. Election year confirmations would be contentious, but you know, the Democrats changed the rules so they could pack the Circuit Court. They did away with the blue slips requiring a majority vote for Circuit Courts. We changed the rules for the Supreme Court. So if a vacancy did occur, and I don’t expect one to, I hope everybody has a long, healthy 2020 on the Court, that you would see an effort by Republicans, I’m sure, to fill the vacancy.

HH: There have been 51 federal Circuit judges confirmed. There are two awaiting votes that have, I think have had hearings. You’ll get those done.

LG: Yeah. Yes.

HH: Do you know if there are any more judges out there eligible for senior status who will take so?

LG: If you are, take it.

HH: Would you expand on that?

LG: Well, so the point is, and this is an historic opportunity. We’ve put over 200 federal judges on the bench. I think one in five federal judges are Trump appointees. If you can get four more years, I mean, it would change the judiciary for several generations. So if you’re a Circuit judge in your mid-60s, late 60s, you can take senior status, now would be a good time to do that if you want to make sure the judiciary is right of center. This is a good time to do it.

HH: If they are an originalist eligible right now and they are listening to Lindsey Graham, chairman, can you assure them that their successor will indeed be confirmed before the election?

LG: Well, if you wait, you know, November the 1st, no. So do it now.

HH: Do it now. Loud and clear.

LG: I need some time.

Also, Michael Moore is still a moron.

I don’t block anyone.

I went back and read the actual transcript of the interview with Hewitt that the Guardian article referenced. The conversation centered around whether any judges who retired would be replaced before the election. During this conversation, Graham was asked if he knew of any justices eligible for senior status who would take it. Graham said no, but if there were, and they cared about having a center right court, they should take it.

He was asked a question and he answered it. It wasn’t something he conceived and presented. Seemed to me like a normal response for a politician.

Here’s the exchange.

Hahaha
Babydoc
What a maroon

I don’t block anyone.

Here’s the exchange.

Explain this to me, because I think LG is substituting a hyperbolic term like "pack" for "get some judges appointed over McConnel's obstruction"...

"Election year confirmations would be contentious, but you know, the Democrats changed the rules so they could pack the Circuit Court. They did away with the blue slips requiring a majority vote for Circuit Courts. We changed the rules for the Supreme Court. So if a vacancy did occur, and I don’t expect one to, I hope everybody has a long, healthy 2020 on the Court, that you would see an effort by Republicans, I’m sure, to fill the vacancy.

HH: There have been 51 federal Circuit judges confirmed. There are two awaiting votes that have, I think have had hearings. You’ll get those done."

So if the Dems "changed the rules, to pack the court"- how is it that Trump has been able to get all those Circuit court judges confirmed? Are you saying the Dems changed the rule (in order to pack the Circuit courts) and then never got around to doing it? LOL...

If Trump loses, then he will resign, Pence will become President for a month and pardon Trump for all his crimes.

My fantasy is that Pence makes this deal with Trump, and then reneges.
Not a chance.

Pence would say his "faith" prevents him from betraying Trump by reneging in a deal like that, without explaining how his "faith" permits him to support an immoral person like Trump in the first place.

Buzzkill.
This help?
ac039324dea1f122c4f9460693681abcdd6c7fd8.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT