ADVERTISEMENT

Lame Duck damage

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
So...what happens from Election results time, thru Inauguration Day, if Trump loses?

With still having a republican Senate, and now a very heavily conservative Supreme Court...what sort of things could he do? And what protection are there from allowing him to burn it all down in his last couple months?

And another question, how do continuing Republican congress members react to all the lame duck Republicans, specifically Trump? Still go along with him? Have a “see the light” moment and distance from him?

It's a concern. As well as what a lame duck Senate might do if the Senate gets flipped. I'd like to think that in the event of a landslide that the handful of Republicans with a sense of decency would do what they can to thwart any long term damage from actions that are obviously made just for spite or sabotage.

Hunters lap top and ex business partners will commit suicide, he will book travel to Russia and china with his Uncle. Kamala will have POTUS Harris letter head printed and start another Family marketing firm specializing in opposition research.

Hunters lap top and ex business partners will commit suicide, he will book travel to Russia and china with his Uncle. Kamala will have POTUS Harris letter head printed and start another Family marketing firm specializing in opposition research.

How does "Hunters lap top" commit suicide?

What is a lap top?

How many hunters are there?

So...what happens from Election results time, thru Inauguration Day, if Trump loses?

With still having a republican Senate, and now a very heavily conservative Supreme Court...what sort of things could he do? And what protection are there from allowing him to burn it all down in his last couple months?

And another question, how do continuing Republican congress members react to all the lame duck Republicans, specifically Trump? Still go along with him? Have a “see the light” moment and distance from him?
They will spend money they don't have

Just be ready for the following arguments no matter what horseshit the republicans pull if they lose the White House and senate.

1) Are they doing anything illegal?
2) Isn’t this within their power?
3) They were duly elected and their terms aren’t over yet.

They really can't do much besides filling all the open judicial seats, crazy executive orders that will get reversed, etc.

If the polls are right and it's not particularly close once the votes are counted, I would guess Trump will mainly be golfing and pardoning people and gripping on Twitter that he would have won the bigliest landslide of all time if not for COVID.

Certainly they could sabotage a transition out of spite but I think Biden's transition group (which every nominee sets up to be ready) is already game planning for that possibility.

I am guessing Trump will move into Mar-a-Lago. Where they will have conveniently jacked up their "Presidential Rates". He will bilk the American tax payer for every cent that he can. He will spend his days golfing, eating, and complaining on twitter. All on our dime.

dumb

Senators remain in office until January 3, 2021. The real question is whether they'd still do a lame duck Trump's bidding. Trump will always have his Twitter account, and he'd still have a huge army of knuckle-dragging worshippers, so he'd still be a menace to Republicans.

You can bet that everyone on the Trump team will be absolutely as unhelpful as possible during the transition.

Documents will be shredded like crazy, hard drives wiped, appointments rushed through, rules changed to irritate the next administration.

It will be a shitshow. I would not be surprised if Trump were to resign and Pence pardon him, to the extent that he can, for any offenses not yet pending. Then there will be pardons for all of the other turds as well.

Last edited:
I am guessing Trump will move into Mar-a-Lago. Where they will have conveniently jacked up their "Presidential Rates". He will bilk the American tax payer for every cent that he can. He will spend his days golfing, eating, and complaining on twitter. All on our dime.

You sound pretty confident that it wouldn’t be any different than it is now.

Still think Biden has it? Watch this. They expose what a fraud Nate Silver is.

You think it's only Nate Silver?

You might want to read up on Dave Wasserman and, his penchant for analyzing private polling of Congressional districts and what he was saying a week before the 2016 race...

Here's what's different now...

It's a concern. As well as what a lame duck Senate might do if the Senate gets flipped. I'd like to think that in the event of a landslide that the handful of Republicans with a sense of decency would do what they can to thwart any long term damage from actions that are obviously made just for spite or sabotage.
I would guess that you and Republicans would disagree on what constitutes damage.

If the Dems take Congress and McConnell wins, he won’t allow the Senate to go overboard, except on judicial appointments. He’s sharp enough to know what the Ds could do to retaliate.

Well right there is your problem.
I recall a story that a President lost his reelection and, the day before inauguration of his successor, his staff pulled pranks on the successor, such as epoxying all the phone handsets to the phone bases and leaving the building. Bad as that was, Trump will be worse.

I recall a story that a President lost his reelection and, the day before inauguration of his successor, his staff pulled pranks on the successor, such as epoxying all the phone handsets to the phone bases and leaving the building. Bad as that was, Trump will be worse.
Hang on. Are we starting with the same facts — that Trump is the mangiest tub-a-lard pos ever — or are you making something up?

You can bet that everyone on the Trump team will be absolutely as unhelpful as possible during the transition.

Documents will be shredded like crazy, hard drives wiped, appointments rushed through, rules changed to irritate the next administration.

It will be a shitshow. I would not be surprised if Trump were to resign and Pence pardon him, to the extent that he can, for any offenses not yet pending. Then there will be pardons for all of the other turds as well.
dumb

Reactions: Lucy01
Reactions: Bill4411
I have no idea if this is a hair-brained idea or even remotely plausible, but Michael Moore has suggested that the GOP - in response to some Democrats either suggesting or calling for packing the Supreme Court - could put pressure on Clarence Thomas to resign so that Trump could nominate another conservative Justice during his lame duck period to serve on the court for the next 3 to 4 decades.

It doesn't seem likely that they'd do that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

It wasn't in response to Dem suggestions/ threats of "packing the court". It was raw political expediency, and it was suggested by Lindsey Graham way back in May. I read it at the time, and it was one of the reasons I have very little regard for Pub fears over Dems packing the court.

"Lindsey Graham, the Republican chair of the Senate judiciary committee, has publicly urged older conservative judges to retire, so their places can be filled before a November election in which the party could lose the White House and its Senate majority.

Graham said the move would help “change the judiciary for several generations”

Reactions: Ohio Guy

He has to hope for Mike Pence's good health if he resigns...otherwise the President would then be Nancy Pelosi.

I think what trump does and what a lot of the staffers do might be very different things. There is going to be a lot of distancing and being obstructive won't help people in the future.

Reactions: Bill4411 and Bloom.
I have no idea if this is a hair-brained idea or even remotely plausible, but Michael Moore has suggested that the GOP - in response to some Democrats either suggesting or calling for packing the Supreme Court - could put pressure on Clarence Thomas to resign so that Trump could nominate another conservative Justice during his lame duck period to serve on the court for the next 3 to 4 decades.

You forgot that Michael Moore is a moron.

Lol. I sometimes wonder what the world looks like from crazy.

omg...Michael Moore?? Michael frikking Moore?? Is that steaming pile of doughnut filling still a thing?

Aren't you the same guy who was promoting some deep thoughts from Bill Maher?

Isn't Kourtney the "smart" Kardashian? What is she saying???

The story I remember was the Clintonistas removing all the Ws from their keyboards as they left their offices for the last time.

Reactions: largemouth

If that would happen court rebalancing is 100% happening (assuming a Dem Senate).

omg...Michael Moore?? Michael frikking Moore?? Is that steaming pile of doughnut filling still a thing?

Aren't you the same guy who was promoting some deep thoughts from Bill Maher?

Isn't Kourtney the "smart" Kardashian? What is she saying???
I don't recall ever 'promoting' something from Bill Maher, but if he had a cogent point worth sharing that added to the conversation here, I'd share it.

Sorry that one or both of those guys seem to trigger you. You can hide my posts if you like.

I'm wondering who would be the Republicans that would step up and prevent this from happening.

ADVERTISEMENT