ADVERTISEMENT

L.A. fine with riots and protests, bans Halloween

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015

Something about this seems backwards. One event has lower risk participants and everyone is actually wearing masks.

Reactions: vesuvius13

Something about this seems backwards. One event has lower risk participants and everyone is actually wearing masks.
You want children you've never met - maybe chaperoned by an adult you've never met, or maybe not chaperoned at all - coming to your door asking for candy in droves one evening this fall? After going through what the country's gone through to get rid of COVID-19?

What's wrong with you?

Reactions: hoosboot
You want children you've never met - maybe chaperoned by an adult you've never met, or maybe not chaperoned at all - coming to your door asking for candy in droves one evening this fall? After going through what the country's gone through to get rid of COVID-19?

What's wrong with you?
It’s a shame it can’t be done like singles. Everyone mask up and people leave candy on the porch. No knocking on doors etc. but I guess even that’s too risky. Ugh.

It’s a shame it can’t be done like singles. Everyone mask up and people leave candy on the porch. No knocking on doors etc. but I guess even that’s too risky. Ugh.
The risk would be that the kids would behave like locusts - fill up their bags with your stuff and move on to the next victim house. 2 visits and you're out of candy.

Kids these days . . . get off my lawn . . . .

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66

What's wrong with you?
He's full of fear about riots and protesters taking all his stuff. Fear makes people say dumb things.

Low risk participants on both sides? Since when do kids come to the door only to be given candy by other kids?

They don't have to come into contact with anyone. Use your imagination a little Harry.

again, please provide a link to give evidence of support for rioting.

This quote ain't it:

Street demonstrations are and should be occurring across this country and in this city to bring voices to injustices,” he said. “It is part of the very democracy of what makes this country great.”

again, please provide a link to give evidence of support for rioting.

This quote ain't it:

Street demonstrations are and should be occurring across this country and in this city to bring voices to injustices,” he said. “It is part of the very democracy of what makes this country great.”
Link link link. Acts of omission are tacit support. You don’t need a link link link. Use your own brain. If riots go on for days without heavy police or guard intervention it’s evidence of support. You need a link for that?

Reactions: 76-1 and IUJIM
Nothing wrong with street demonstrations. My daughter particpated in about 12 street demonstrations in Brooklyn, NY. Most involved drum circles and candles. All involved mask wearing and social distancing.

They were about as close to "rioting" as you are, when you find out 10 minutes after going through the drive-through that the kid at the window gave you a Whopper with no cheese, and, damn it, you distinctly asked for CHEESE.

That is the problem today. People can't differentiate between riots and protests.

The vast majority of protests have been peaceful. But the riots suck up the attention. Especially by right leaning people.

That is the problem today. People can't differentiate between riots and protests.

The vast majority of protests have been peaceful. But the riots suck up the attention. Especially by right leaning people.
It is an important distinction to make, the rioters have goals & objectives...

Reactions: 76-1
I'm assuming that LA hasn't band Ashley Madison though, right? It's all about the children of course.

Nothing wrong with street demonstrations. My daughter particpated in about 12 street demonstrations in Brooklyn, NY. Most involved drum circles and candles. All involved mask wearing and social distancing.

They were about as close to "rioting" as you are, when you find out 10 minutes after going through the drive-through that the kid at the window gave you a Whopper with no cheese, and, damn it, you distinctly asked for CHEESE.
I think we all know mm66 doesn't eat cheese.
(Man, I hope he gets that joke.)

If riots go on for days without heavy police or guard intervention it’s evidence of support. You need a link for that?
I do, because that sounds pretty stupid. Seems to me, a lack of heavy police or guard intervention is evidence of nothing more than the likelihood that the authorities don't think such intervention would be the most effective response.

Link link link. Acts of omission are tacit support. You don’t need a link link link. Use your own brain. If riots go on for days without heavy police or guard intervention it’s evidence of support. You need a link for that?

Dude...if you want information about how Los Angeles has responded to things, ask someone who is here. It's full on idiocy to say that L.A. is "fine with riots". I know you're not an idiot, so don't sign on in agreement with idiotic posts.

I do, because that sounds pretty stupid. Seems to me, a lack of heavy police or guard intervention is evidence of nothing more than the likelihood that the authorities don't think such intervention would be the most effective response.
1 that's disingenuous and 2 pure nonsense. there's nothing more central, more rudimentary in government than to protect its citizens and property. to not quell uprisings is a dereliction of duty.

Reactions: 76-1
Dude...if you want information about how Los Angeles has responded to things, ask someone who is here. It's full on idiocy to say that L.A. is "fine with riots". I know you're not an idiot, so don't sign on in agreement with idiotic posts.
you would certainly know better. i was just reading about violence in response to the kizzee shooting. again if force is sent in to quell violence great. if it's not it's supporting violence. i honestly was writing more generally with ongoing uprisings in various spots in the country.

1 that's disingenuous and 2 pure nonsense. there's nothing more central, more rudimentary in government than to protect its citizens and property. to not quell uprisings is a dereliction of duty.

Well...that's sort of a straw man since they quelled the problems fairly effectively in relatively short time. You're looking to the wrong city if you're looking for the ongoing riots charade. And not having door-to-door trick or treating this year is extraordinarily sensible. My elementary school daughter was able to get over the disappointment better than JDB...but then she's also more mature, so maybe it makes sense. 😇

Well...that's sort of a straw man since they quelled the problems fairly effectively in relatively short time. You're looking to the wrong city if you're looking for the ongoing riots charade. And not having door-to-door trick or treating this year is extraordinarily sensible. My elementary school daughter was able to get over the disappointment better than JDB...but then she's also more mature, so maybe it makes sense. 😇
i read 17 were arrested last night over ongoing protests over the kizzee shooting. so the cops are coming in with a heavy hand? as for the trick or treat i think you're probably right; but i'm not totally certain. i get that there's something uniquely personal and intrusive about going to someone's home; but i wish something could be done. many of htese kids are still in school; at target; at the grocery store, blah blah blah. the disappointments are taking a toll on many of these kids. what's more nothing's even handed. the public schools are totally closed. the catholic schools are full in person. my county LITERALLY allows u14 soccer but not over 14 soccer. the county next door allows anything. probably cpr classes without masks. ugh.

Effective being measured how? Dollar figures of damage, injuries, how many people on fire, how many boats sunk, votes maintained or gained? Share some facts or just keep promoting narratives...

And it stands to reason that if the government doesn't respond a certain way, it's likely that they don't think that response would be effective.

It does not stand to reason that the government somehow endorses riots.

And it stands to reason that if the government doesn't respond a certain way, it's likely that they don't think that response would be effective.

It does not stand to reason that the government somehow endorses riots.
Or it stands to reason that they don’t respond a certain way out of political expediency

Effective being measured how? Dollar figures of damage, injuries, how many people on fire, how many boats sunk, votes maintained or gained? Share some facts or just keep promoting narratives...

If you want to talk about the value of lives lost, you can join the Woodward thread.

Reactions: hoosboot and IUINSB

I’m sure if somebody effs you over at the drive-thru, it’s likely because they are racist and did it deliberately.

That is the thought process today, right? Systemic drive-thru racism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT