ADVERTISEMENT

Kris Bryant is good at baseball.

I only start caring about spring stats about 10 days prior to the reg season

Cuz that's when the starters start going 6 to 7 innings on a regular basis. It's still pretty much scrubs trying to make a bench or bullpen spots right now. I do t know who he's hitting them off of so far to say whether he's hitting off 1s or AAA types. 8 homers is still good though and if I was a fan of a desperate franchise, I'd probably cling to anything I could too. I'll still be surprised if he mashes this year. Scouts will find a few weak spots I'm sure, they always do. But he sure can hit a baseball a long way!

He's good at batting.

Hasn't had a chance to show what he can do in the field, yet, but "Needs work" might be generous, from what I've read.

These Cubs are going to be fun to watch. They are built to contend for the playoffs this year, but I wonder if they are still a year away from true contention.

I agree with you.

The guy is almost 6'6" so there is a question about whether he'll stick at 3rd or move to the outfield. Same thing with Schwarber.

You do realize that that's what the Cubs are targeting?

Them that can hit the baseball?

Because them damn saybeermetricians have figured out that pitching is dominating baseball these days, and the teams that win are the teams that can hit. Screw pitching - there's a bunch of it out there, but no so with rakers.

Speaking of rakers - I've heard that the Cubs are very high on Schwarber....

I wasn't aware that Felix is a scrub.

I did not know that.

And Bryant has more homers than most teams right now. Yes, its only spring training but the guy is rated by most credible rankings as the #1 prospect in baseball for a reason. This isn't a fluke. He isn't Corey Patterson and this isn't the Cubs hyping him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT