ADVERTISEMENT

Kopp

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
I was curious given he has been such a bust where he was ranked coming out of high school. Per rivals he was a top 70 four star. Wow I was thinking three star at best.

MILLER
KOPP

SMALL FORWARD
6'7''

|

210 LBS
CLASS OF 2018
HOUSTON, TX
HOUSTON CHRISTIAN
RANKINGS
-
RATING
NATL

I was curious given he has been such a bust where he was ranked coming out of high school. Per rivals he was a top 70 four star. Wow I was thinking three star at best.

MILLER
KOPP

SMALL FORWARD
6'7''

|

210 LBS
CLASS OF 2018
HOUSTON, TX
HOUSTON CHRISTIAN
RANKINGS
-
RATING
NATL
He was barely a 4* on the composite ranking. Like 115.

MILLER
KOPP

SMALL FORWARD
6'7''

|

210 LBS
CLASS OF 2018
HOUSTON, TX
HOUSTON CHRISTIAN
RANKINGS
-
RATING
NATL
Honestly, I don't see the player so many describe on here (spot up 3 pt shooter who can't create), when I do see him score, I think he's actually often most effective on the move and has good body control and creates shots (I've been disappointed in his 3 pt shooting), he just rarely looks to score. I've wondered if he was just a total gym rat (seems to have been) and all the NIL and VLOG stuff has taken up time he was spending working on his game.

Reactions: DANC
Honestly, I don't see the player so many describe on here (spot up 3 pt shooter who can't create), when I do see him score, I think he's actually often most effective on the move and has good body control and creates shots (I've been disappointed in his 3 pt shooting), he just rarely looks to score. I've wondered if he was just a total gym rat (seems to have been) and all the NIL and VLOG stuff has taken up time he was spending working on his game.
I would love the player he was as a sophomore at NW. He seemed to slip his last year there and quite a bit more this year.

I agree his pull up jumper seems to be his best shot his three point shooting is average at best. And sometimes flat out awful.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
His attitude is what I don't like, his tongue wagging shit after he hits a wide open 3 at about a clip of 20%, when most of this board could probably hit that same shot at 50. He has the body control of an epileptic. I'll be happy to see him move on, take his NIL stuff elsewhere

I'm not trying to be too harsh on him, he might be a fine teammate, but Jesus, I've seen him throw up a few where it's like I'd have to practice getting drunk, high, then have my wife blindfold me and try to trip me as I threw it off the roof. That's how bad, and I wouldn't have the patience or energy to try, but it makes me wonder how the hell someone 30 years younger than me spends their day

Last edited:
Reactions: TomAllenStan
He can hit the 3 but he needs space and time to setup and he ain't getting that in our offense.

Some of Kopp's stats from last year at NW:

Scored 13 points on 5-of-6 shooting to go along with three rebounds and three assists in a win at Indiana (12/23) ... Led all players with 23 points while going 9-of-16 from the field (3-of-4 from deep) while adding three assists and a career-high three steals in a win over #23 Ohio State (12/26) ... Contributed 11 points on 3-of-5 shooting from behind the arc against #10 Iowa (12/29) … Scored 13 points and grabbed four rebounds against #16 Michigan ... Pulled down a career-high nine rebounds and finished with 16 points, including a team-best 14 in the second half, at #23 Ohio State (1/13) ... Scored 19 points at Penn State and went 6-6 from the free throw line (1/23) ... Finished with a team-high 15 points and four rebounds vs. Rutgers (1/31).

For whatever reason, this is not the Miller Kopp we are seeing at IU.

I bet he has spent 20 total hours on his Vlog and NIL stuff since the Bahamas. Def not the case.

Scored 13 points on 5-of-6 shooting to go along with three rebounds and three assists in a win at Indiana (12/23) ... Led all players with 23 points while going 9-of-16 from the field (3-of-4 from deep) while adding three assists and a career-high three steals in a win over #23 Ohio State (12/26) ... Contributed 11 points on 3-of-5 shooting from behind the arc against #10 Iowa (12/29) … Scored 13 points and grabbed four rebounds against #16 Michigan ... Pulled down a career-high nine rebounds and finished with 16 points, including a team-best 14 in the second half, at #23 Ohio State (1/13) ... Scored 19 points at Penn State and went 6-6 from the free throw line (1/23) ... Finished with a team-high 15 points and four rebounds vs. Rutgers (1/31).

In what year's? Is this a career biographic, some one else mentioned he'd scored like 4 pts or less a game for IU on average, should not be starting, period. Bates

• Haha
It's pretty clear he's been starting because he's had a higher floor on both ends of the court than other guys like Bates, Galloway, or Leal. I don't think he's been a bust as much as none of those guys have so far taken his starting spot. I certainly never expected Kopp to be starting for us at this point of the season. But it's not his fault. His numbers, percentage-wise, are what they've always been. He's getting fewer opportunities from 3.

Reactions: brebelle3
salisbury-blend-pavestone-concrete-pavers-21751-64_600.jpg

In what year's? Is this a career biographic, some one else mentioned he'd scored like 4 pts or less a game for IU on average, should not be starting, period. Bates
Those are stats from his final year at NW.

Reactions: kkott

It is Evan Fitner's cousin!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT