ADVERTISEMENT

Know your enemy: WKU.

E.Z.Rider

Aug 29, 2001
Oregon
Another fine preview from our friends at Hoosier Huddle.

Reactions: 76-1
Here's some more articles and videos;

//Got on a bit of a roll and couldn't help myself...
Never did find that perfect in-depth breakdown of their O & D... Maybe tomorrow... 😎🍺//

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio Zero
Players to keep your eyes on for Western Kentucky:

Defensively-
(He's a DE that could cause real trouble if allowed to... ☠️🙉)

&

https://wkusports.com/sports/football/roster/kahlef-hailassie/3910
(He's a Big Corner who played in all 13 games at Oregon as a Freshman [enough said] )💀🙊

The Corner on the other side played against us last year in a Michigan State uniform:
https://wkusports.com/sports/football/roster/davion-williams/3895😳

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Offensively -
(He's a big Receiver who, unlike our big receivers, actually catches the ball)🙈

&

(He's actually their 2nd Team RB but he's a big guy who has played in pressure situations while up at North Dakota and could be a wild card if we allow him to be...🙊).

They have an interesting team that could cause us some serious trouble if we give them any confidence and allow them to hang with us...

Last edited:
We are playing these guys at their place, after they've had a Bye Week to heal up, scout us, and prepare. Their stadium is very small but their fans will be psyched (it's their Blackout Game) and well lubricated for the 8 pm kickoff...

This is Exactly the type of scenario you never want to allow to be scheduled if it's at all avoidable.......

Let's hope we can jump on them early and then hang on until McFadden is able to rejoin the D in the 2nd Half... *((Edit: see Courtsenses post below... McFadden will play the entire game. Which is Very good news for us...)*

Should be interesting at multiple levels...

Last edited:
We are playing these guys at their place, after they've had a Bye Week to heal up, scout us, and prepare. Their stadium is very small but their fans will be psyched (it's their Blackout Game) and well lubricated for the 8 pm kickoff...

This is Exactly the type of scenario you never want to allow to be scheduled if it's at all avoidable.......

Let's hope we can jump on them early and then hang on until McFadden is able to rejoin the D in the 2nd Half...

Micah was called for targeting in the first half so he will start.

That's good news! Had it in my head that they always sat out the first half of the next game...

I'll edit that...
I saw this quote as well from BIG Head of Officiating and I scratch my head:

Big Ten director of officials Bill Carollo said a tiered system of targeting calls, with an ejection for two Targeting 1 penalties and one Targeting 2 penalty, was discussed during the offseason. The concern, Carollo said, was officials would call the lesser Targeting 1 penalty more often.

So?? That would be correct. The majority of the targeting calls I have seen would fall into the "Targeting 1" category. No clear intent or intentional launch or contact that was bang bang or situational. Micah's would fall into "1" at worst; he had no intent and did not launch. The contact was situational at worst and some believe he was blocked into Ridder. I saw the PU QB get similar face mask contact and he flopped backward to sell the call. Defender got the boot. Like Basketball and soccer; selling the call is now a thing.

The rule needs to be corrected.

I saw this quote as well from BIG Head of Officiating and I scratch my head:

Big Ten director of officials Bill Carollo said a tiered system of targeting calls, with an ejection for two Targeting 1 penalties and one Targeting 2 penalty, was discussed during the offseason. The concern, Carollo said, was officials would call the lesser Targeting 1 penalty more often.

So?? That would be correct. The majority of the targeting calls I have seen would fall into the "Targeting 1" category. No clear intent or intentional launch or contact that was bang bang or situational. Micah's would fall into "1" at worst; he had no intent and did not launch. The contact was situational at worst and some believe he was blocked into Ridder. I saw the PU QB get similar face mask contact and he flopped backward to sell the call. Defender got the boot. Like Basketball and soccer; selling the call is now a thing.

The rule needs to be corrected.
Yeah it really needs to have "incidental" versus "purposeful" as a separate levels of penalty.

I'd go with Incidental as 15 yards and a one time warning, with ejection on the 2nd one... but being available next game..., and Purposeful being immediate ejection, missing the entire next game, along with 15 yards and wiping out whatever positive result the foul caused for the offending team...

Make the Purposeful version meet a very high standard of certainty also...

Reactions: Tokyo Steve
Am I the only one who noticed how freaking LONG it took the officials in the booth to signal the review on the McFadden call? Ridiculous.

When the officials on the field don't call it and it takes you 30+ seconds to call for a review, it should not be reviewed.

Let's hope we can jump on them early and then hang on until McFadden is able to rejoin the D in the 2nd Half... *((Edit: see Courtsenses post below... McFadden will play the entire game. Which is Very good news for us...)*

This is a Fred Glass special. Road games against inferior opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT