ADVERTISEMENT

Knothole Park is now Rooftop at The Rock

Well that’s a major bummer. I loved standing there and watching the entire game.

Well that’s a major bummer. I loved standing there and watching the entire game.
You still can, if your ticket is for that area. I’m assuming you have season tix though, which yeah, is a bummer.

Last edited:
I did too. It was also a great place to meet people to watch who were in different sections. Shoot.

You need a specific ticket for that area now. Covered seating, standing areas, more tables, food, tvs, beer from Upland. Ticket prices are the same as a tier 2 ticket. OSU game is sold out in this area. If interested, here ya go:

I love this. My Gator Bowl tickets were end zone in a similar set up. It was Fab. Wings, beer and football and I didn't have to say excuse me 100 times to hit the head. I'd do it again all day. Better than sitting elbow to elbow in a row in my opinion. No worries about people standing in front of others. Excellent upgrade.

Now all we need to do is change the stadium nickname from "the Rock" to "The Quarry" and we're cooking with gas... 😉😎🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
On a side note, there is a pretty famous quarry south of Bloomington called “Rooftop.” It’s local legend. It’s also where they filmed “Breaking Away.”
The actual “Rooftop” refers the the 70 ft ledge that is where swimmers jump.

Been there. Done that.

Once swam in that quarry not knowing that there was a dead cow carcass floating at the other end. Saw it when I was leaving.
Rooftop10.jpg

On a side note, there is a pretty famous quarry south of Bloomington called “Rooftop.” It’s local legend. It’s also where they filmed “Breaking Away.”

Been there. Done that.

Once swam in that quarry not knowing that there was a dead cow carcass floating at the other end. Saw it when I was leaving.
Rooftop10.jpg
Rooftop has been filled in. They offered it to the city but they wouldn’t bite. It’s now flat ground.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: muubell and 76-1

Been there. Done that.

Rooftop10.jpg
Me too 😎 Went hand over hand on a cable that failed about a year later 😳

Reactions: trailrunner

Been there. Done that.

Rooftop10.jpg

Actually did a swimming rescue of a guy who just missed hitting his entry off the big cliff and ended up compressing two discs... Had to do a lifesavers jump into an area where I had no clue as to what was beneath me... Figured I had a 50/50 shot at becoming a rescue myself 😖...

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Rooftop has been filled in. They offered it to the city but they wouldn’t bite. It’s now flat
Actually did a swimming rescue of a guy who just missed hitting his entry off the big cliff and ended up compressing two discs... Had to do a lifesavers jump into an area where I had no clue as to what was beneath me... Figured I had a 50/50 shot at becoming a rescue myself 😖...
Yep. Stories out there of people hitting rocks and either dying or becoming paralyzed on impact.

• Sad
Reactions: 76-1

Been there. Done that.

Rooftop10.jpg
70 feet is nuts. 45 is my record and that was stupid.

Been there. Done that.

Rooftop10.jpg
Hurt my feet and I wore shoes. Freshman 80-81. Never did it twice. Didn't know it was that high. Scary.

Been there. Done that.

Rooftop10.jpg
Yeah, I did that jump. One of the scariest things I ever done. What stupid things kids will do.

Now all we need to do is change the stadium nickname from "the Rock" to "The Quarry" and we're cooking with gas... 😉😎🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
IIRC, It didn't have a nickname until Coach Hep. Why not just eliminate the nickname idea?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT