ADVERTISEMENT

Knight's conversation with Archie!!!

Ans- Chuck Marlowe, Bob’s perfect foil. Man, I must be getting old if today’s IU fans are now taking offense to “Jack”, the mule. Bob was bullying “Jack”- beautiful!
I was at IU at the time and never missed that show. I believe that was after a PU player (Barnes?) sucker punched an IU player (Thomas?), but it has been a while. I know that episode was classic.

Reactions: 76-1
Ans- Chuck Marlowe, Bob’s perfect foil. Man, I must be getting old if today’s IU fans are now taking offense to “Jack”, the mule. Bob was bullying “Jack”- beautiful!
Chuck (may he Rest In Peace) did have an unusual talent for asking really dumb questions and with absolute aplomb. There was nothing in this world that could crack Chuck’s calm composure. He is a Hoosier legend from both RMK and Indy Pro Wrestling.

the one channel I could not have lived without during those cold winter months. This was before the days of cable and EPSN. For many of us, WTTV (and perhaps one live game on NBC or CBS over the weekend) was the only way to watch live NCAA ball (especially IU and Purdue).
they had almost all of the IU and PU games before the mega corporations and the almighty dollar took over.

Chuck (may he Rest In Peace) did have an unusual talent for asking really dumb questions and with absolute aplomb. There was nothing in this world that could crack Chuck’s calm composure. He is a Hoosier legend from both RMK and Indy Pro Wrestling.
Loved the guy. We would watch The BK show after church when I was a kid. Chuck and Lazkowski was very good on air during the games.

Reactions: IU73 and kmathum
Navigate to the web page of the Green Bay Packers and then navigate to historical rosters. In 1952 or 1953 there was one Richard Afflis on the roster.

Do you think he smoked a cigar in the huddle?
no doubt. the most dangerous man in razzlin.

Chuck Marlow, thanks. I felt it was a little unnecessary. Do you remember if there was something leading up to it?
Had there just been an issue with Pu. I don’t think Keady or Knight liked each other.
In battle, they didn’t like each other, but they respected one another, thus now friends, after battle.

I think Marlowe tickled Bob, who probably wishes he had a little more of Chuck’s calmer demeanor.

Since you didn’t follow the program that closely, we’ve already seen that your recollections aren’t very accurate. Baker was going to play, Cox was very much a project, and Jim Roberson had already been accepted to law school. The only thing Cox shared with Woody was alumni status from Broad Ripple. He wasn’t nearly the player and wasn’t going to play for some time, of ever, at IU. He was also a shaky academic risk. And I don’t know how many coaches kept players with DUI’s. I just know you claimed RMK was a man of his convictions, yet that one slid by him (and you).

Brand was a regular basketball and football attendee. You obviously were not. And you’ve already been corrected on your erroneous comments about his alleged West Coast roots.

Yes, Crean addressed the students. You just weren’t aware of it. And the retelling of Knight insulting an overweight kid was the G rated version. How many times did people tell Knight what he needed to hear, only to have him melt down like a child? As for driving, you sure you saw him behind the wheel of a car? Recently? Really?

For my little helper who I know will be along soon, your stalking has become entertaining. Since you admitted that you’re a frequent visitor to the Purdue boards, and since you never post about IU and often post about PU, it’s obvious you’re a Boiler fan. Rent free. That’s fine and it explains your obsession with all things Purdue, but the constant stalking here is a little desperate, don’t you think? So desperate that I know you won’t be able to resist responding to this post. RF.
Where did you learn such golden tongue for one so young? You know, I thought you might be on to something when you first started out, thinking, is this guy the IU attorney, or what, but the farther I got into your biting comments, the angrier and less reliable I realized you were. First, you questioned me again on seeing Knight. His car was stopped in his street, several doors from the house from which he must have just pulled out. (Subdivision off of Moores Pike, east of S Sare/College Mall Dr intersection) In an act of courtesy, this old white haired guy (sorry, Bob, if you’re reading this. BTW, I’m one, too) stopped to allow me to go around a parked utility service vehicle. My wife, recognized him in passing while my eyes were fixated on not hitting the service truck or the oncoming vehicle, who I recognized as Knight, in glancing pass.

But where you really blew your credibility is the last part, questioning my true allegiance. I’ve checked the free Purdue boards maybe 5 times since joining in 2001, aka, “hardly ever“, “Recruit”. Truth of the matter is, I am Purdue basketball and football’s worst enemy. I hate the Boilers, anything they say and do. I don’t watch them play on TV, I hate them that much. So, from me to you, I say before criticizing someone about not always getting their facts straight, you need to do the same because it’s a common problem on social media, and you’re part of the problem, O Critical One of Seemingly Higher Insight, Self-proclaimed.

I’ll be at the game tomorrow night-what about you? You want to duke it out somewhere like the west balcony at half-time or something, loser buys the winner a Slim-Jim and Diet Coke?

Reactions: Radio Zero
Where did you learn such golden tongue for one so young? You know, I thought you might be on to something when you first started out, thinking, is this guy the IU attorney, or what, but the farther I got into your biting comments, the angrier and less reliable I realized you were. First, you questioned me again on seeing Knight. His car was stopped in his street, several doors from the house from which he must have just pulled out. (Subdivision off of Moores Pike, east of S Sare/College Mall Dr intersection) In an act of courtesy, this old white haired guy (sorry, Bob, if you’re reading this. BTW, I’m one, too) stopped to allow me to go around a parked utility service vehicle. My wife, recognized him in passing while my eyes were fixated on not hitting the service truck or the oncoming vehicle, who I recognized as Knight, in glancing pass.

But where you really blew your credibility is the last part, questioning my true allegiance. I’ve checked the free Purdue boards maybe 5 times since joining in 2001, aka, “hardly ever“, “Recruit”. Truth of the matter is, I am Purdue basketball and football’s worst enemy. I hate the Boilers, anything they say and do. I don’t watch them play on TV, I hate them that much. So, from me to you, I say before criticizing someone about not always getting their facts straight, you need to do the same because it’s a common problem on social media, and you’re part of the problem, O Critical One of Seemingly Higher Insight, Self-proclaimed.

I’ll be at the game tomorrow night-what about you? You want to duke it out somewhere like the west balcony at half-time or something, loser buys the winner a Slim-Jim and Diet Coke?

Ordfan's MO from way back.
Google enough facts to sound smart,
screw a couple of them up,
claim that you don't follow the program,
change the subject when BS is called,
claim victory,
get banned,
come back with handle #76 and
deny that any of the above ever happened.

Reactions: Radio Zero

I was just correcting those things you got wrong, that’s all. And, the last part wasn’t about you. It was about my fawning little stalker and secret Purdue fan, since he admitted frequenting the GBI board. I knew he wouldn’t be able to not respond to my post, exactly as I predicted. If you read here, Purdue is all he posts about (he never is able to say anything about IU, and the GAS matter isn’t something he was even aware of). RF. He became very upset that I caught him fibbing about some things related to the IUF, an organization he knew nothing about. Rent free. He made a futile attempt to backtrack and stepped in it even more, and it was evident he didn’t know what he was talking about. Through it all, he just can’t help himself, which is absolutely hysterical. He won’t be able to stay away from this post, either. Just watch.

Barnes- yeah he sure was. Multi-sports superstar, starter on PU's last F4 team and ended up with an NFL career. You don't see that very often-multi-sports career---OR...PU in the F4 :)
IU could use a tough SOB playing like that out on the floor now, either that or prowling along the sidelines barking commands. Who is our toughest SOB mindset representing IU in AH today? Joey Brunk?

IU could use a tough SOB playing like that out on the floor now, either that or prowling along the sidelines barking commands. Who is our toughest SOB mindset representing IU in AH today? Joey Brunk?
sadly there aren't a lot of tough guys in recent IU memory. But I bet we've set a record for most players in walking boots over a 10 yr span.

Reactions: ufo33
Galloway on the way.

sadly there aren't a lot of tough guys in recent IU memory. But I bet we've set a record for most players in walking boots over a 10 yr span.
De'Ron Davis had some pleasantries with opponents in at least one game I can think of last year. But he hasn't been on the floor enough this year.

ADVERTISEMENT