ADVERTISEMENT

Knight really messed this up for the next guy, and guy after that, and the guy after him,

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
and you guessed it, the guy after him.

I had a conversation before the PU game with my best friend about how much of the Indiana job is actually coaching basketball? 30-40% is what we came up with. The main part of this job is being the face of Indiana basketball. You have to spew confidence, and need to have the cachet to back it up too. See you don't have to earn the respect of just your basketball team, oh no. You have to have all of Indiana high school basketball respect you, you have to have your peers fear you, and most importantly the fan base of Indiana has to have full trust in you. Once that is broken, it does not work.

Knight built a standard of excellence that will remain engraved in the hearts and heads of Millions across the state. basketball is the life blood of Indiana, and the IU job is not for the faint of heart. Gonna take a special person to turn it around.

Reactions: 82hoosier

I had a conversation before the PU game with my best friend about how much of the Indiana job is actually coaching basketball? 30-40% is what we came up with. The main part of this job is being the face of Indiana basketball. You have to spew confidence, and need to have the cachet to back it up too. See you don't have to earn the respect of just your basketball team, oh no. You have to have all of Indiana high school basketball respect you, you have to have your peers fear you, and most importantly the fan base of Indiana has to have full trust in you. Once that is broken, it does not work.

Knight built a standard of excellence that will remain engraved in the hearts and heads of Millions across the state. basketball is the life blood of Indiana, and the IU job is not for the faint of heart. Gonna take a special person to turn it around.
Sounds crazy, but I can think of someone with bad hair that will be needing a job soon, probably doesn't know anything about bball either. Unfortunatley, I think a lot of people on here could see him in a sweater on the sidelines and more unfortunately, I don't think the results would be any worse

If you are going to make this the standard then no one is ever going to satisfy you. Indiana needs a good coach not a messiah.

Knight was an absolute tool who deserved to be fired. Winning doesn't f*cking matter if you are a scumbag who treats players like dirt (like grabbing them by the throat), and he was someone the school never should have invited back; the last thing he deserved was a hero's welcome. Especially after all the bullsh*t he pulled after he left, like saying he hoped the people involved in firing him were all dead.

**** him, and **** anyone else who still supports or views him fondly after all he's done.

If you are going to make this the standard then no one is ever going to satisfy you. Indiana needs a good coach not a messiah.

Exactly. Sean is an idiot and doesn't understand anything. IU job is only 30-40% coaching? Coach Knight is arguably the best X's and O's coach ever.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Knight was an absolute tool who deserved to be fired. Winning doesn't f*cking matter if you are a scumbag who treats players like dirt (like grabbing them by the throat), and he was someone the school never should have invited back; the last thing he deserved was a hero's welcome. Especially after all the bullsh*t he pulled after he left, like saying he hoped the people involved in firing him were all dead.

**** him, and **** anyone else who still supports or views him fondly after all he's done.

My dad grabbed me by throat and beat me till I was bleeding with a belt. I wouldn't change a bit of it, taught me lessons and I learned faster than I ever would have. Was the right form of learning for me. Doesn't work for everyone. That is why he was the recruiter.

Reactions: CriticArisen

I can only imagine the conversation you and your glue eating buddy had last night.

"Think we'll win tonight?"

"I don't know, want to get Taco Bell and watch it?"

"Can I jerk off first?"

Exactly. Sean is an idiot and doesn't understand anything. IU job is only 30-40% coaching? Coach Knight is arguably the best X's and O's coach ever.

lol you cant even comprehend. Man getting old sucks. 30-40% coaching for the IU job now has nothing to do what it was when Knight was coaching. Because of him, it now is only 30-40% of the job. Stop following me around like a 12 year old and act your age. They are serving snacks and got the bingo game starting in a few mins down the hall at the retirement home.

I can only imagine the conversation you and your glue eating buddy had last night.

"Think we'll win tonight?"

"I don't know, want to get Taco Bell and watch it?"

He works in DC for the world bank and is one of the smartest guys I know. He frequents 3rd world countries and does presentations and seminars with their leaders to build the economy.

Snack time old man.

****you and **** you . A tool? explain that one please in detail. Wow you are a class act. Hey what have you done in your life? I'm not condoning everything, but you think the love from his players that played is some conspiracy theory? Why are you even on here posting then? Do you somehow think the world is all run from unicorns with rainbows shooting from their ass?

My dad grabbed me by throat and beat me till I was bleeding with a belt. I wouldn't change a bit of it, taught me lessons and I learned faster than I ever would have. Was the right form of learning for me. Doesn't work for everyone. That is why he was the recruiter.
That explains a lot

Reactions: bigmac76

I find it so funny you have this opinion but have to say **** you to anyone. Dude you need to take a strong look at your self and since you felt the need to say **** you to me? ****you

very very comfortable with my sexuality. Sorry gay references makes you squeamish!!! They are sinners!!! to hell with them!!!
Get down with the gayness ... my wife bitches at me all the time for getting on here with all my gay basketball friends. We need a Hank Williams Jr. anthem to support us.

Knight was as much a scumbag of a human being as our current president. Are you ****ing blind or just stupid as a dead mule?
I bet you drive a Prius ? As for blind and this isnt a political board but you took it there . Did you vote for a 78 year old pedophile with dementia? Yup you did so shut up.

Can we ban this guy?

I bet you drive a Prius ? As for blind and this isnt a political board but you took it there . Did you vote for a 78 year old pedophile with dementia? Yup you did so shut up.
I bet you drive a Dodge stratus.

Knight was as much a scumbag of a human being as our current president. Are you ****ing blind or just stupid as a dead mule?
why are you trying to work your TDS into this discussion? Trump has nothing to do with the current situation inside IU's bball program. Can we please keep some little bubble alive where politics are not part of the discussion? There's 10 million and one forums out there to go argue left/right.

why are you trying to work your TDS into this discussion? Trump has nothing to do with the current situation inside IU's bball program. Can we please keep some little bubble alive where politics are not part of the discussion? There's 10 million and one forums out there to go argue left/right.
Yes, please.

On the other hand, if we *really* want this board to be the internet’s worst (let’s think of it as the final, glorious push), we probably better amp up the political content.

We can do it, fellas!

Reactions: brianiu
Yes, please.

On the other hand, if we *really* want this board to be the internet’s worst (let’s think of it as the final, glorious push), we probably better amp up the political content.

We can do it, fellas!
didn't realize it but he was a first time poster. After last night's game, probably best just to avoid this site for a few days, until the flies and vultures clear out.

No, there's a word for your thinking and to put it kindly it's called "******ronics". My wife and I are pretty liberal and don't always agree (she's more than I), but we'd agree upon the fact that Knight graduated players, and even if he didn't love their playing skills or contributions or regretted recruiting them, he made sure that they were taken care of for the rest of their life or set up to try to

Reactions: Crayfish57

I agree with you on your point about Knight and the standard he set. This is the same thing UCLA went through when John Wooden retired. For 30 years, succeeding Coaches weren't compared to the guy they succeeded, but to Wooden. To the fan base, nobody could match up so they weren't accepted.

If you are comparing any Coach to a Legend who Coached 30 Years ago, you have to take into account differences in the environment. In those days , you didn't have AAU Travel Basketball and kids didn't see as much of campuses and Coaches as they do today. I went to High School in small town Wisconsin, and my Mother worked in the School Office. We had a family in our system that had 4 very tall boys who were all good Basketball Players. I played with the oldest one who went to a small College in Minnesota. The second one was very good and played at North Carolina. The third one was the one Knight was interested in. My Mom told me about meeting him when he came into the Office for his meeting with the Player and High School Coach. Everybody was impressed with his presence and how he just seemed to take over everyone's attention when he entered the room. Unfortunately, the kid decided to follow his Brother to UNC and had a very good College Career as well as a 15 year plus NBA Career.

Knight would never have the patience to recruit today and deal with all the ass kissing and Middle Men AAU Coaches who have been blowing smoke up the Basketball Shorts of their Players since 6th Grade telling them they are NBA Material.

Reactions: Crayfish57

Regarding the wish they were dead comment on The Dan Patrick Show, i went to the gym the next day and was talking to a guy wearing it Indiana t-shirt. A little bit unusual cuz I'm in Florida. And we talked specifically about that comment. Well one thing led to another and in our conversation he mentioned that he was a linebacker for the Hoosiers when Lee Corso was coach! And what did he do now you wonder? He's a Catholic priest!

Reactions: Cavanagh

Some great insight here. Referring to RMK as a “tool” tells me that you were probably swimming around in your Dad’s balls for the majority, if not all of his career at IU anyway. Abject ignorance...

ADVERTISEMENT