ADVERTISEMENT

Kidnap Musselman

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Do whatever to keep Musselman in Indiana. I’ll never watch another IU game if we hire Mike Woodson. It’s nothing against Woodson, but we need a college coach who can recruit and relate. Even Justin Smith said it after the game. Best decision he’s ever made was going to Arkansas

Do whatever to keep Musselman in Indiana. I’ll never watch another IU game if we hire Mike Woodson. It’s nothing against Woodson, but we need a college coach who can recruit and relate. Even Justin Smith said it after the game. Best decision he’s ever made was going to Arkansas

Color me underwhelmed... Let's see how they fare in the next couple of matchups...

Color me underwhelmed... Let's see how they fare in the next couple of matchups...
Yeah, I thought the entire second half, Arkansas was just begging Tx Tech to make some shots and take that game and they just refused to do it. Rushing shots with a lead, some really dumb play. On the bright side, Justin Smith looked good and Musselmans wife looked fantastic!

Crean 2.0

Reactions: kkott and 76-1
Crean 2.0
Yep, seemed like a snake oil salesman to me... running across and jumping on the scorer's table... "look at me"! He would be an easy Coach to hate. And, I thought his team played really dumb, but the game also did nothing to make me want Beard after watching his team struggle to score. On the plus side, both of their players seemed to love playing for them.

Reactions: 76-1

636240355794345544-Musselman2.jpg

Reactions: kkott
Yeah, I thought the entire second half, Arkansas was just begging Tx Tech to make some shots and take that game and they just refused to do it. Rushing shots with a lead, some really dumb play. On the bright side, Justin Smith looked good and Musselmans wife looked fantastic!

And yet, they couldn't. Just like the team of a recently-fired defensive-minded coach we all know.

And yet, they couldn't. Just like the team of a recently-fired defensive-minded coach we all know.
Oh trust me, that flame flickered in my mind. But, I like good defense and have been all in on C Beard, but that game did give me pause. Not so much because of their struggles to score, which can happen to any team. I just tuned in thinking these are 2 likely guys who could be at IU and I wasn't blown away with how either's team played, and then Musselman runs over and jumps on the table at the end. There was nothing out of that game that made me excited about either guy as Coach. Arkansas played about as dumb as you can with a lead and still managed to win.

Reactions: All4You and Beorik

The last 12 minutes of the game was like watching IU under Miller vs IU under Crean, fighting to see which team wanted the loss more.

Oh trust me, that flame flickered in my mind. But, I like good defense and have been all in on C Beard, but that game did give me pause. Not so much because of their struggles to score, which can happen to any team. I just tuned in thinking these are 2 likely guys who could be at IU and I wasn't blown away with how either's team played, and then Musselman runs over and jumps on the table at the end. There was nothing out of that game that made me excited about either guy as Coach. Arkansas played about as dumb as you can with a lead and still managed to win.

I feel the same way. I was most disappointed in TT defense. Everyone knows that Smith is completely ineffective outside of 8 feet yet he had like 6-8 wide open layups/dunks. Not sure how that happens. Overall shooting defense was solid but mostly because guys were just missing shots. Like both teams on ball pressure and at times off ball pressure was good.... although that pressure did lead to a lot of easy baskets underneath. Overall underwhelmed. Both teams also seem to be similar to Coach Miller in that they never had a true big man on the floor. So lots of IU fans that hated that about us this year might hate the same thing with them.

ADVERTISEMENT