ADVERTISEMENT

Khristian Lander Update - Louisville

The bigs are starting to make more concerted efforts. He just recently noted how the uptick from UNC and his connection with Cole Anthony is amping up. He is WIDE open at this point, as it should be for a 2011 kid.

Got a text tonight that Lander wanted to commit to Louisville during his official visit last weekend. His Mom wouldn’t let him do it. Apparently Mack was at his high school again today. I was told it’s just a matter of time.

I got a text from you that said Ronnie is better

Reactions: ufo33 and jimmygoiu
The group of influential boosters and alumni for basketball is actually much smaller than people would think. I’ve known many of them for decades even though I’m not involved anymore. I still talk to many of them regularly. Some of talk daily in a text message group which is where I hear a lot of good info.

When have you ever had any "good info"? Was it the Donovan to IU, it's happening info? Was it the current IU players make up the "worst roster" and the "team is a dumpster fire"? This secret group of cronies who control the IU program includes you in their discussions? LOL !!

When have you ever had any "good info"? Was it the Donovan to IU, it's happening info? Was it the current IU players make up the "worst roster" and the "team is a dumpster fire"? This secret group of cronies who control the IU program includes you in their discussions? LOL !!
I told everyone here about Crean. I announced Archie the night before the press conference on Friday night. The “experts” like Peegs were still saying Saturday morning that an announcement wouldn’t be made until Monday at earliest. I’ve announced multiple recruits.

Again, I pass along what I hear. Sometimes it’s right and sometimes it’s wrong. That’s what a message board is for. If you’re wanting all confirmed facts go to a major news outlet or Twitter.

I told everyone here about Crean. I announced Archie the night before the press conference on Friday night. The “experts” like Peegs were still saying Saturday morning that an announcement wouldn’t be made until Monday at earliest. I’ve announced multiple recruits.

Again, I pass along what I hear. Sometimes it’s right and sometimes it’s wrong. That’s what a message board is for. If you’re wanting all confirmed facts go to a major news outlet or Twitter.

You didn't tell me about either of those things, they were not big secrets by any stretch.

Don't flatter yourself.

This is the most pathetic thing I’ve ever read.

L O L

Reactions: MrBing
Update: got another text today saying IU is definitely out.

Michigan is making a strong push though. They’re still in the thick of it here.

Funny thing is most here in the Evansville area thought IU had much chance. Lander is good but is he a systems type recruit? I bet he ends up at Michigan which I predict to be overrated and under achieve in the next few years.

Nah, another "expert" with deep connections who teaches us all things with every brilliant post already announced that UL is a done deal.

Reactions: skippy1813

giphy.gif

I have a connection to Lander’s high school coach. IU is definitely still in it. Why do you come on here and lie?

You are right. I too have a close friend at Reitz. He says that KL is very much considering IU, has a solid relationship with Archie and staff, and has several good friends on the team that correspond with him almost daily. feepaw is such a negative dik, and has dug his own grave on this site. NOTHING feepie writes can be believed. Feepaw lies, makes things up to fit his agenda, and twists the facts- on every post. He and his other cronies are a trainwreck, and though I should put him on ignore, I can't "not look".

Funny thing is most here in the Evansville area thought IU had much chance. Lander is good but is he a systems type recruit? I bet he ends up at Michigan which I predict to be overrated and under achieve in the next few years.

Don’t sleep on Juwan. I think he is gonna be a good coach. I think it is almost a forgone conclusion he is going to slay it in terms of recruiting.

Don’t sleep on Juwan. I think he is gonna be a good coach. I think it is almost a forgone conclusion he is going to slay it in terms of recruiting.

He'll bag a couple of one and dones I have little doubt.

However the NBA and CBB are as different as cats and dogs and definitely not transferable.

There's very rarely been a successful college coach become an elite NBA coach (even my mancrush Brad is running into some difficulties) as much as there hasn't been many NBA guys turn into an elite college coach, much less coaches who want to play an NBA style.

The defensive rules are different as is the player coach relationship. College needs soldiers who will kill on command for the team partially because of the spread of talent alongnwith the unique college defensive rules.

Currently Ewing is getting okay reviews at G town while Mullen has already come and gone at St. John.

Time will tell with Juwan but history is not on his side.

Reactions: MrBing
He'll bag a couple of one and dones I have little doubt.

However the NBA and CBB are as different as cats and dogs and definitely not transferable.

There's very rarely been a successful college coach become an elite NBA coach (even my mancrush Brad is running into some difficulties) as much as there hasn't been many NBA guys turn into an elite college coach, much less coaches who want to play an NBA style.

The defensive rules are different as is the player coach relationship. College needs soldiers who will kill on command for the team partially because of the spread of talent alongnwith the unique college defensive rules.

Currently Ewing is getting okay reviews at G town while Mullen has already come and gone at St. John.

Time will tell with Juwan but history is not on his side.

While I hear what you're saying, college basketball has changed a lot. Even Coach K, the quintessential RMK disciple, has had to change with the times in order to keep Duke at the pinnacle of the game.

There's been a lot of discussion about John Calipari's technical chops as a coach. That is, give him a roster that isn't chock-full of blue chip recruits and see how he'd fare.

I don't really know what I think about that. But what I do know is that he's been phenomenally successful in his tenure at Kentucky using a strategy of stocking and restocking his roster on a virtually annual basis. And it's hardly any secret that he's done this by narrowly tailoring his appeal to these players' quite understandable desire that college basketball be but a brief stop between high school and the NBA, designed to maximize their draft value.

Now, if you ask me, I'd much prefer college basketball be the way it used to be. But what I'd prefer and what actually is are two different things.

So how would I answer the question about Calipari's prowess with the X's and O's? I'd say: Who cares? Look at his records. Whatever he's doing obviously works.

ADVERTISEMENT