ADVERTISEMENT

Khristian Lander Update - Louisville

fpeaugh

All-American
Sep 19, 2001
Got a text tonight that Lander wanted to commit to Louisville during his official visit last weekend. His Mom wouldn’t let him do it. Apparently Mack was at his high school again today. I was told it’s just a matter of time.

Got a text tonight that Lander wanted to commit to Louisville during his official visit last weekend. His Mom wouldn’t let him do it. Apparently Mack was at his high school again today. I was told it’s just a matter of time.
text from who?

Whatda do ?
Go on..
That Yum Center is a pro building..I see it would be a great selling point..
Not say it wouldn't suck ! ..Kinda surprised it's not UK ...Kids and adults alike are big Cats fan in the Pocket City ..A manager gave me some crap when I wanted a t.v. turned to IU / EIU a few weeks in the Old Chicago down there..Said he was a big UK fan.
You go to Jeff/ New Albany/ Clarksville/ Sellersburg..That's a big U Of L area.
I'm sure Mack will venture across the river to try and pluck Kaufman..
On a side note..Couple of those other p.g. offers didn't look like junk though.
Until then ..Rob will do

I got a text tonight that said Purdue will not finish 4th in the Big Ten this year unless the NCAA aproves some paperwork they submitted to reinstate Carson Edwards' eligibility.

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

I’m just sharing information.

Of everything I’ve shared in the past only one time turned out to be wrong.

I believe this one fully.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
You post like a totally clueless clown here. Do you think people should take you seriously?

Whatda do ?
Go on..
That Yum Center is a pro building..I see it would be a great selling point..
Not say it wouldn't suck ! ..Kinda surprised it's not UK ...Kids and adults alike are big Cats fan in the Pocket City ..A manager gave me some crap when I wanted a t.v. turned to IU / EIU a few weeks in the Old Chicago down there..Said he was a big UK fan.
You go to Jeff/ New Albany/ Clarksville/ Sellersburg..That's a big U Of L area.
I'm sure Mack will venture across the river to try and pluck Kaufman..
On a side note..Couple of those other p.g. offers didn't look like junk though.
Until then ..Rob will do
So that's it then? Just goodbye?

If IU misses on Lander that would be a borderline tragedy of epic proportions. That said it's amazing how a better than expected season can help change a kid's mind. It would be great if this program would win some actual games that matter, I feel after that recruiting would be a cakewalk for IU.

If IU misses on Lander that would be a borderline tragedy of epic proportions. That said it's amazing how a better than expected season can help change a kid's mind. It would be great if this program would win some actual games that matter, I feel after that recruiting would be a cakewalk for IU.

Well, IU beat Louisville last year. That game would seem to matter here.

Well, IU beat Louisville last year. That game would seem to matter here.
By one point at home. Louisville also made the tournament while we were sitting at home again. Overall Louisville has just been the better program the past 15 years or so, IU can start to turn that around this year though so this year is very important.

Reactions: cryano and fpeaugh

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

I live in New Albany, all the local radio 'pundits' feel he is UL's to lose. Could totally see him giving a verbal there soon. That could be subject to change later when the NCAA comes calling.

Reactions: MrBing

Thats just it. We just need to win. And god forbid be consistent in winning. If this program was half of what LOU has been in terms of winning the last few decades we would be getting all kinds of prospects coming here.

We have a smart coach that is very likable, great guy by all accounts. Can he just please win some games. If we don't get to the tourney this year I am gonna lose it. Underachieving sucks so bad.

No people will just say we didnt need him. No big loss. Five star players are toxic!

I live in New Albany, all the local radio 'pundits' feel he is UL's to lose. Could totally see him giving a verbal there soon. That could be subject to change later when the NCAA comes calling.
Not a big surprise given our lack of success the last two years. Until we start winning 20 plus games and making the tourney getting these guys will be tough.

Reactions: Cavanagh.6
Thats just it. We just need to win. And god forbid be consistent in winning. If this program was half of what LOU has been in terms of winning the last few decades we would be getting all kinds of prospects coming here.

We have a smart coach that is very likable, great guy by all accounts. Can he just please win some games. If we don't get to the tourney this year I am gonna lose it. Underachieving sucks so bad.

Since 2002 Lou has had 8 top 10 ranking seasons and 14 top 25. We have had 3 top 10 and 5 top 25. Not even half as good. Gross.

Reactions: cryano
Since 2002 Lou has had 8 top 10 ranking seasons and 14 top 25. We have had 3 top 10 and 5 top 25. Not even half as good. Gross.
Hookers and paying $100K+ to recruits works wonders.
Louisville under Pitino was corrupt.
Pitino is scum.
Louisville has a history of cheating and corruption.

Of course Lander visited Louisville and I hear from my friends in the Evansville area that he really liked the visit. But they did say he was still an IU lean. He has other visits set up and that could certainly change. It would be disappointing to me is we lose Lander considering he is an IU recruiting priority, in state kid, and that he is an IU lean. Seems we have the winds blowing our way. Big recruiting loss if CAM doesn’t land him.

You mean people who's jobs are to report on (and drive interest in) UL sports are reporting he is going to commit to UL before his Jr season started (and, literally, the day before his IU visit? I'm absolutely SHOCKED! It makes no sense their reporters would want to draw attention! All the recruiting "experts" seem to line up (wait....no they don't). His comments about no being able to wait to be at Hoosier Hysteria to see all the coaches and players (while visiting with his committed AAU teammates) must just be for show..... Give me a break. The kid won't make a real decision for another year or so. Fpidiot just loves to post things idiots on here react negatively to. Let it play out.

Reactions: cybergates
You mean people who's jobs are to report on (and drive interest in) UL sports are reporting he is going to commit to UL before his Jr season started (and, literally, the day before his IU visit? I'm absolutely SHOCKED! It makes no sense their reporters would want to draw attention! All the recruiting "experts" seem to line up (wait....no they don't). His comments about no being able to wait to be at Hoosier Hysteria to see all the coaches and players (while visiting with his committed AAU teammates) must just be for show..... Give me a break. The kid won't make a real decision for another year or so. Fpidiot just loves to post things idiots on here react negatively to. Let it play out. He predicted Romeo to go everywhere other than here, as well.

Are we arguing UL's success or whether or not a JR who by his own words, "I have been looking forward to this for a while,” said Lander of his upcoming Indiana official visit. “It is always good to get there and spend time with the coaches and players, and it should be a great atmosphere.”
That QUOTE immediately after his UL visit would, definitely, imply he is about to commit to UL before his JR season starts. Right? Or are we listening to people making stuff up to draw attention?

I make no claim to any first-hand knowledge whatsoever, but I do have a buddy who's plugged in at Reitz. And the last I talked to him (which was a bit over a month ago), he felt like IU was in very good shape with Lander. He wouldn't say it was inevitable or anything like that, but was generally positive.

Of course...things change. And Chris Mack still knows a lot of people in these parts. Probably moreso than Archie does.

I make no claim to any first-hand knowledge whatsoever, but I do have a buddy who's plugged in at Reitz. And the last I talked to him (which was a bit over a month ago), he felt like IU was in very good shape with Lander. He wouldn't say it was inevitable or anything like that, but was generally positive.

Of course...things change. And Chris Mack still knows a lot of people in these parts. Probably moreso than Archie does.
Hooker U lol

His commitment this weekend would have made him the second commit of the 2021 class coming out of the 247 composite top 100. I believe that someone text you that and it’s possible for Lander to commit somewhere early, but I blame you for not being able to judge rumor from reality. Tom Crean broke you.

Reactions: hondo314

Well hopefully we have a new AD making the next hire.

Of course Lander visited Louisville and I hear from my friends in the Evansville area that he really liked the visit. But they did say he was still an IU lean. He has other visits set up and that could certainly change. It would be disappointing to me is we lose Lander considering he is an IU recruiting priority, in state kid, and that he is an IU lean. Seems we have the winds blowing our way. Big recruiting loss if CAM doesn’t land him.
You’re only talking to IU fans if they still think he’s an IU lean.

His commitment this weekend would have made him the second commit of the 2021 class coming out of the 247 composite top 100. I believe that someone text you that and it’s possible for Lander to commit somewhere early, but I blame you for not being able to judge rumor from reality. Tom Crean broke you.
I’m sharing what I hear from people in the know. That’s what these message boards are for.

You’re only talking to IU fans if they still think he’s an IU lean.
I am speaking to someone who is first and foremost objective. And yes, they do like IU. Doesn’t mean they have those rose colored glasses. I’m just sharing what I heard like you are. Your thread topic doesn’t bother me in the least.

I’m sharing what I hear from people in the know. That’s what these message boards are for.

What makes you so sure they’re actually “in the know” and that there actually is something to know.

It’s my experience that, when it’s actually the case that a recruit is partial, one doesn’t have to be “in the know” to get a sense of that. In most other cases, the reality is that they’re undecided...and a lot of what you hear is akin to wishful thinking.

Yes, it would be disappointing, but since when has any recruitment been a guaranteed success. They are all long shots in my view until the paper is signed. Archie is trying like hell. It’s all you can ask for. Any yes, having a good year this year would be a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT