ADVERTISEMENT

Khristian Lander: "A little something happened last night"

We’re you in a position to graduate from high school half way through your junior year? Do you have any understanding about f the academic requirements for admission to IU, especially those related to core curriculum? Do some homework (pun intended).

Reclassification is getting a lot more popular. It's not as hard as you think IF you have already been a good student, taken a full schedule of important classes (no study halls, worthless electives). Being in an "honors" class or two as well can easily put you ready for meeting graduation requirements early. No idea if the kid is an excellent student or not but reclassification is becoming more on the forefront as the years go by. (for academic reasons too, more uber serious/smart kids are looking to get to college a year sooner).

Reclassification is getting a lot more popular. It's not as hard as you think IF you have already been a good student, taken a full schedule of important classes (no study halls, worthless electives). Being in an "honors" class or two as well can easily put you ready for meeting graduation requirements early. No idea if the kid is an excellent student or not but reclassification is becoming more on the forefront as the years go by. (for academic reasons too, more uber serious/smart kids are looking to get to college a year sooner).
JT Daniels did it but had the benefit of starting much earlier, which greatly aided his effort. Maybe Lander planned this all along and perhaps he has the class load already that would make this possible, but the compression of courses (particularly math offerings, which can be somewhat sequential), can require some time to execute.

Didn’t think you could support any of what you were saying. You’re smart to go back to bed.

And you CAN support what you're trying to argue? Specifically, you know Lander's specific academic record and what he is lacking to be able to enroll next year at IU? Not just what IU's requirement are, but specifically what Lander is/ is not lacking. You have all that info to back up what you're saying, right?

JT Daniels did it but had the benefit of starting much earlier, which greatly aided his effort. Maybe Lander planned this all along and perhaps he has the class load already that would make this possible, but the compression of courses (particularly math offerings, which can be somewhat sequential), can require some time to execute.

Ya, early enrollment for football is much, much easier. You get that extra semester to finish up. Those numbers are going up leaps and bounds every year.

And you CAN support what you're trying to argue? Specifically, you know Lander's specific academic record and what he is lacking to be able to enroll next year at IU? Not just what IU's requirement are, but specifically what Lander is/ is not lacking. You have all that info to back up what you're saying, right?
I know that it’s extremely difficult to complete eight semesters of certain subjects within a six semester time frame, absent some fairly long range planning. Further, that long range planning would need to include provision for summer AAU basketball, since that’s when one would have the ability to gain address class time. Not hard to draw some conclusions if you give it just a little thought. It’s kind of like not understanding why almost every coach charts deflections.

Crean's recruiting was generally not an issue, and still isn't.

wrong - Crean brought in so many players that were not upper D1 players. Archie's miss, JForrester, still ended up in the AAC. If Damezi leaves, same deal.

Grant Gelon, TPriller, JApril, TJobe, BMuniru, GMarc-michel, PJurkin and more....

Last edited:
Reactions: Sobchak_Security
so IU is pushing for it and Lander wants it but neither party has looked into whether it’s a viable option or not? Haha haha. You’re scraping the bottom of the barrel today. Good stuff!

and ya, I could have finished HS in three years had anyone told me I could play high D1 basketball a year earlier if I did. He’s not getting a doctorate. It’s a high school diploma. Sheeeesh.
He reportedly only needs two classes to graduate and they’re not math or physics. It’s a good bet he’ll be on campus this fall.

Reactions: hondo314
Did you see the Durham shot from 14' feet or so that hit near the the top of the backboard?

I've seen guys hit the side, but I don't know if I've ever see a D1 player shoot an open 14' foot jump shot and hit that high on the BB.
I saw it and it was awful. But it was nowhere near an "open" 14 footer.

I know that it’s extremely difficult to complete eight semesters of certain subjects within a six semester time frame, absent some fairly long range planning. Further, that long range planning would need to include provision for summer AAU basketball, since that’s when one would have the ability to gain address class time. Not hard to draw some conclusions if you give it just a little thought. It’s kind of like not understanding why almost every coach charts deflections.
Idk if you guys have saw this but lander said he just has to complete I think an English course and Econ/government class to be eligible

His roster turnover was atrocious, get young / stay young (facetious), 3 and a degree. No sustainability. His last few classes demonstrated the sinking ship. He assembled players, had no concept of building a team. His lack of background as a player himself was apparent.
Totally agree here. Add to this his desire to ensure every spot was filled along with the occasional player who was fine riding pine and it was bound to fail eventually.

No, if he wins a NC he might have become a good coach, or hired elite assistants. My initial opinion of Archie was that he was a good coach, much better than Crean. He has shown otherwise. How can you sit here in year 3 and think this is where IU basketball should be at this point? A bubble team that still needs to win a game or 2 to get in? Possibly playing on Wednesday in the BTT?
You are clearly closed minded. It’s OK, many former IU fans have become what you are through the Crean years.

Reactions: cshartle123
We’re you in a position to graduate from high school half way through your junior year? Do you have any understanding about f the academic requirements for admission to IU, especially those related to core curriculum? Do some homework (pun intended).
You obviously we’re not. Lol
It is “were” you dunce.

You obviously we’re not. Lol
It is “were” you dunce.
Haven’t seen one link for this, just “I’ve heard” comments. But hopefully he has the necessary classes to gain entry. Otherwise, IU isn’t now nor has it ever been a particularly difficult school to gain entry to. It’s a “common app” school and that’s usually for a pretty good reason. Not that a non grad like you would understand that fact.

wrong - Crean brought in so many players that were not upper D1 players. Archie's miss, JForrester, still ended up in the AAC. If Damezi leaves, same deal.

Grant Gelon, TPriller, JApril, TJobe, BMuniru, GMarc-michel, PJurkin and more....
He could not recruit Indiana after Cody he did not have a good relation with HS coaches in Indiana we need that an Archie doing a great in Indiana.

Reactions: kmathum
It will just be Romeo Langford, but worse because Romeo was a better prospect. And worse because we won't have Morgan on the team. And worse because we still have an average coach in over his head somehow getting an extra year or 2 for a 5* recruit from Indiana who would have likely come here if any of us were the coach.
Wrong on so many points. It is pointless to argue with you.

ADVERTISEMENT