ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Peoples from Tulane new DL coach....

Archie has a pretty bad staff and that’s partly the reason he’s struggling. I understand that IUFB is not in the same shape or situation as IUBB. Allen has earned a contract extension that Archie isn’t even close to earning.

I agree but then why bring Archie into a football discussion?

Reactions: jsenleo
Good grief. WTF does one situation have to do with the other?

What many people fail to realize is that the vast majority (the VAST majority) of coaching staffs are made up of the buddy system. Any coach who has been in coaching for any amount of time crosses paths or coached with their staff previously. Head coaches who get another head coaching gig bring previous staff with them. That is the buddy system in a nutshell: hiring guys you worked with previously. Then, you can take it one step further and their are a TON of coaches out there who have family on their staff. Kids, brothers, etc. it’s a highly networked business model.

When Cam Cameron came here, he hired a group of coaches that had no experience coaching with one another. Mallory, in contrast, had his Northern Illinois staff.

To prove a point about our football program.

But one has NOTHING to do with the other especially when you consider what BRCB states in his post.

The truth is that it was just another attempt to bash Archie. God knows that Archie is giving everyone plenty of ammunition but to me, many take joy in the bashing and as a die hard IU fan that is hard for me to accept. I want Archie to succeed since that would mean IU succeeds but it is becoming more obvious every game that those odds are dropping.

Agree with your post, but I'm not sure we lost a 'really good' RB.

Walker was very good depth with a strong upside. Problem is, he rarely saw he field and the staff seemed to use him mainly for run blocking. He may have been 'really good', but if he's not on the field, what good does it do us? Kind of like Penix - he's 'really really good' - when he's on the field. When he's not, he's not much use.

And our OL looked really bad with Stepo out for the Gator Bowl. That needs to get fixed and hopefully Powell can step in and plug that hole.

Biggest loss, by far, is the OC. It's going to be a total crapshoot whether or not we can keep up that level with a QB prone to injury.

I’d put Walker in there with guys like Stephen Houston. Maybe a shade faster. Not Coleman fast. Not Jordan Howard bruiser. Not an All Big Ten Guy, but capable of playing in our league.

I’d put Walker in there with guys like Stephen Houston. Maybe a shade faster. Not Coleman fast. Not Jordan Howard bruiser. Not an All Big Ten Guy, but capable of playing in our league.
Definitely. I like Walker. A lot. I thought he was vastly underused.

I hated to see him go, but I understand why he left. I just don't think he was 'really good', since a) he never got much of a chance, and b) we weren't depending on him in the Offense, so his loss is more in the depth department than actual run production.

Definitely. I like Walker. A lot. I thought he was vastly underused.

I hated to see him go, but I understand why he left. I just don't think he was 'really good', since a) he never got much of a chance, and b) we weren't depending on him in the Offense, so his loss is more in the depth department than actual run production.
if he regains some confidence, I expect him to produce at Virginia. I also agree with you that he's very talented and much more than a 3rd down back.

In what world is Walker in there with Stephen Houston? Are you high? One is maybe a Mac level talent and the other played in the NFL.

Reactions: Chriselli
ADVERTISEMENT