ADVERTISEMENT

Kelzer draft eligible?

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
Someone posted a story/blog about Kelzer a week or so ago and in it it said because of his age he was draft eligible this year. My guess is that even if that's true he'd probably not get drafted highly enough to leave this year, but my main question is the accuracy of that report.

Is there actually an age element to draft eligibility? I thought it was strictly "once you enroll in college, you're there for 3 years" and, based on him being a RS Frosh, this would only be year 2 for him. Is there an element to draft eligibility that is different from that (aside from JUCOs)?

Can he sign without being drafted?...

I was told that he was offered last year after the draft 750k to play ball. Not sure with who. Maybe it was Japan for all I know. But can MLB teams offer anyone at anytime a contract without drafting the kid?

Yes

If he's eligible - he's eligible he can be drafted or sign as a free agent.

He's asking for big $$$$$$, if a team wants to sign him he will have to be off the board within the first 10 rounds. If he falls into that 10-20 rounds you could see him back next year. Also, don't be surprised if Donley is a late round pick.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

He should demand big money..

He has 2 more years of leverage. Puts him in a great spot.

Along with Donley, Hart would have definitely been drafted this year as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT