ADVERTISEMENT

Keion to UK per Lexington Herald.

I’m a Hoosier living in Lexington who has watched long enough to remember the annual UK/IU games. And my hatred for UK was strong. I’ve been critical about IU hoops and UK is a good reason why. Love them or hate them , there are 3 things that they ( university and Cal) do well. When performance wasn’t there they cut previous coach loose after 2 years and wrote Cal and big check. Cal obviously recruits well too. But the the thing he does extremely well is keeps the egos in check and builds chemistry. He is not afraid to get in a 5 ⭐️ recruits face and send their back side to the bench. If they don’t like it, too bad. And by the end of the year , they’re playing well and 3-5 will go pro. It’s a no brainer for Brooks. And he may be a better fit for UK. IU needs a few good players with some role players. And so far Archie has not shown me he can handle the 1 and done type. Langford was not a bust , but he was not utilized correctly or dealt with correctly, which probably hurt his confidence and created bad chemistry for the team.

I’m a Hoosier living in Lexington who has watched long enough to remember the annual UK/IU games. And my hatred for UK was strong. I’ve been critical about IU hoops and UK is a good reason why. Love them or hate them , there are 3 things that they ( university and Cal) do well. When performance wasn’t there they cut previous coach loose after 2 years and wrote Cal and big check. Cal obviously recruits well too. But the the thing he does extremely well is keeps the egos in check and builds chemistry. He is not afraid to get in a 5 ⭐️ recruits face and send their back side to the bench. If they don’t like it, too bad. And by the end of the year , they’re playing well and 3-5 will go pro. It’s a no brainer for Brooks. And he may be a better fit for UK. IU needs a few good players with some role players. And so far Archie has not shown me he can handle the 1 and done type. Langford was not a bust , but he was not utilized correctly or dealt with correctly, which probably hurt his confidence and created bad chemistry for the team.

TL/TD/DR

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
And what makes anyone think Brooks will be any better than Langford? Only 3-5 spots separated Langford from Zion and Barrett and look at how far apart they are in confidence , aggressiveness, hunger. And they look like they have fun on the court. And for the record, I HATE duke.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
It just gets worse

I actually don’t always disagree with your anti-Archie posts. Personally, I don’t think he has it but that’s not the point.

The point is that you’re an absolute loser spreading this crap when there is zero evidence that the Lexington Herald is reporting that. You need attention that much?

TJD is going to disappointed then since he announced that he will be there for the announcement.

I think this says a lot about TJD's character and loyalty to his friend and little to nothing in terms of any indication of Keion's choice. Very happy TJD chose IU and I think he will be happy for his friend whatever his (Keion) choice is tomorrow.

I think this says a lot about TJD's character and loyalty to his friend and little to nothing in terms of any indication of Keion's choice. Very happy TJD chose IU and I think he will be happy for his friend whatever his (Keion) choice is tomorrow.

That's great and all....but still bizarre. It's not like this is a drive to the other side of town.

And what makes anyone think Brooks will be any better than Langford? Only 3-5 spots separated Langford from Zion and Barrett and look at how far apart they are in confidence , aggressiveness, hunger. And they look like they have fun on the court. And for the record, I HATE duke.

Zion is a once a generation type player.....probably the most dominating college player since Shaq. Barrett is obviously good.....but everyone can look good when you've got a player like Zion. How did Duke look when he was gone?

That is a very good point twenty02. I guess I'm just old school; I would drive a few hours to share a very important day in the life of my very good friend; in fact, I've done exactly that in the past. At the same time, I certainly hope this bodes well for IU.

Zion is a once a generation type player.....probably the most dominating college player since Shaq. Barrett is obviously good.....but everyone can look good when you've got a player like Zion. How did Duke look when he was gone?
Anthony Davis says hold my beer, and kiss the ring. Zion is good, but get that ring first.

As for the op, you’re prematurely jumping the gun. He hasn’t committed to anyone, I don’t care what a newspaper says or what you read

How would you have dealt with Langford differently?

We had two issues this year: injuries to nearly every key player and no shooters. Injuries even contributed to our shooting woes. Hunter was expected to help as a shooter (he didn’t play at all and his freaking career is in jeopardy) and while Langford is no Ray Allen, his wrist injury clearly affected his jumper. He’s a significantly better shooter than he showed from deep. Phinisee even showed an improved jumper early in the season. After the concussion, his entire game took many weeks to round back into form....frankly he never got back to where he was pre concussion. As a floor leader and as a scorer.

When you have almost no outside shooting, driving to the basket becomes seriously difficult. Teams took away Romeo’s driving lanes. Not much the kid could do about it really but I admire his ability to take a bunch of punishment and keep fighting. No histrionics, no bitching and complaining. Keeps his composure and moves on to the next play. I’m proud as hell of how Romeo acquitted himself this year. He definitely wasn’t the problem.

Anthony Davis says hold my beer, and kiss the ring. Zion is good, but get that ring first.

As for the op, you’re prematurely jumping the gun. He hasn’t committed to anyone, I don’t care what a newspaper says or what you read
Jerry Meyer says UK he also pegged Romeo for IU

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

Sorry, no. Zion is by far more dominant than AD. Davis was a great shot blocker, but Zion is at a different level with everything else.

Not even close.

Reactions: IU40IU and ufo33
How would you have dealt with Langford differently?

We had two issues this year: injuries to nearly every key player and no shooters. Injuries even contributed to our shooting woes. Hunter was expected to help as a shooter (he didn’t play at all and his freaking career is in jeopardy) and while Langford is no Ray Allen, his wrist injury clearly affected his jumper. He’s a significantly better shooter than he showed from deep. Phinisee even showed an improved jumper early in the season. After the concussion, his entire game took many weeks to round back into form....frankly he never got back to where he was pre concussion. As a floor leader and as a scorer.

When you have almost no outside shooting, driving to the basket becomes seriously difficult. Teams took away Romeo’s driving lanes. Not much the kid could do about it really but I admire his ability to take a bunch of punishment and keep fighting. No histrionics, no bitching and complaining. Keeps his composure and moves on to the next play. I’m proud as hell of how Romeo acquitted himself this year. He definitely wasn’t the problem.
The entire no shooter argument is complete bullshit. You score 90 against Illinois and Marquette you got some shooters.

Sorry, no. Zion is by far more dominant than AD. Davis was a great shot blocker, but Zion is at a different level with everything else.

Not even close.
Ok, whatever makes you sleep better at night. I know the big win against us may have brought ad down a few pegs, it if I’m starting a team, I’m taking a shot blocking center over an undersized four all day long. Until Zion is cutting down the nets, he isn’t in the same ballpark as ad in college.

We were open all day. First half shooting sad. We could have been up at half if just a few go in. It isn’t coaches. Don’t get me wrong I’m not happy but when your guys just throw the ball to the other guy a lot and can’t hit wide open shoots it sucks for everyone including coaches.

Reactions: channi
There were times his effort wasn’t there or his defense and decision making were not that great. He should’ve gotten pine time. But I fault Miller more than Langford. A generational recruit and he did not utilize him very well. Should’ve built offense around him more to capitalize on his strengths. Can we honestly say we seen a big improvement from the beginning of the year until now? That’s my point about Cal- watch his recruits at the beginning of the year and then the end. Substantial improvement.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
There were times his effort wasn’t there or his defense and decision making were not that great. He should’ve gotten pine time. But I fault Miller more than Langford. A generational recruit and he did not utilize him very well. Should’ve built offense around him more to capitalize on his strengths. Can we honestly say we seen a big improvement from the beginning of the year until now? That’s my point about Cal- watch his recruits at the beginning of the year and then the end. Substantial improvement.
Nobody improved at all on this team. Maybe Green but that could just be some streaky shooting

The entire no shooter argument is complete bullshit. You score 90 against Illinois and Marquette you got some shooters.

We scored like 50 in the paint against Illinois. Offense was rolling but it still wasn’t like we suddenly knocked down jump shots all game.

Let’s see what his strengths were, driving to his left, not, wait a minute I bet it was his three point shooting, not, or his outside shooting, nope not that either, maybe it was his free throw shooting, no that wasn’t it either.
I know what it was, his leadership abilities, no that wasn’t it either!
Standing in the corner and driving to his right is the only thing he can do.
So yeah I think Archie did all he could.

That makes no sense. Isn’t a coach supposed to develop skills? None of us are born with it, we had coaches who taught us. Are you really saying Archie coulnt do amymore? Now he’s not even held accountable for player development.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT