ADVERTISEMENT

Keion Brooks Has Entered Transfer Portal

After the Miami kid I now think anyone using the transfer portal may just want more money from somebody else or force his old team to up the money.

There’s always the chance that KBJ could return, but it’s more likely that he decides to start his pro career now or transfer elsewhere—maybe back home to the Indiana Hoosiers, who he was rumored to be mulling a move to last offseason.

Hmmm.

Kopp averaged 6 pts, 2 reb, and 1 assist with 36% on fg. Brooks averaged 11 pts, 4 reb, 1 assist with 49% on fg.

I doubt he comes but I would want him.

Assuming TJD returns we might have the best defensive team in the country with

Johnson
Galloway/Bates
Brooks
Race/Geronimo
TJD

Reactions: bsmitty08
I read a couple days ago that anyone entering portal this last weeekend is very likely just looking for more NIL money. Looking like Dexter Dennis May be heading back to Wichita also. Pass on Brooks.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I read a couple days ago that anyone entering portal this last weeekend is very likely just looking for more NIL money. Looking like Dexter Dennis May be heading back to Wichita also. Pass on Brooks.
He was supposed to already be in the league. Thats why papa had him go to Kentucky. Lol.

Reactions: Lucy01 and Al Bino
Current class includes two top forwards, Reneau and Banks; why do we need 10 ppg portal transfer forward? (As Race and JG have announced their return).

10 ppg 6-10+ center who makes FTs and gets assists, and we’ll talk.

Last edited:
Kopp averaged 6 pts, 2 reb, and 1 assist with 36% on fg. Brooks averaged 11 pts, 4 reb, 1 assist with 49% on fg.

I doubt he comes but I would want him.

Assuming TJD returns we might have the best defensive team in the country with

Johnson
Galloway/Bates
Brooks
Race/Geronimo
TJD
No, for many, many reasons. That anyone on this board is still talking about Brooks is beyond me. Reneau and Banks will probably be as good as Brooks is now if not better. Hard pass.

Reactions: Lucy01
No, for many, many reasons. That anyone on this board is still talking about Brooks is beyond me. Reneau and Banks will probably be as good as Brooks is now if not better. Hard pass.
I don’t think he will come either but doesn’t he play the 3? Doubt either Reneau or Banks is anywhere close to being able to play the 3. And Brooks would absolutely have a chance (pretty good chance) to be the best 3 on the team.

Having said that I really don’t think he comes and I am fine with seeing if Galloway or Geronimo can grab and hold onto the 3 spot.

I don’t think he will come either but doesn’t he play the 3? Doubt either Reneau or Banks is anywhere close to being able to play the 3. And Brooks would absolutely have a chance (pretty good chance) to be the best 3 on the team.

Having said that I really don’t think he comes and I am fine with seeing if Galloway or Geronimo can grab and hold onto the 3 spot.
Banks out of all the players has the closest skill set to play stretch 4 and some 3. Brooks is an athletic 3/4 that can’t shoot. I’ll be watching Banks close.

Keion Brooks commits to Washington Huskies. Brooks averaged 10.8 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1 assist per game. Washington was 17-15 last season. Why Washington?

Current class includes two top forwards, Reneau and Banks; why do we need 10 ppg portal transfer forward? (As Race and JG have announced their return).

10 ppg 6-10+ center who makes FTs and gets assists, and we’ll talk.
He is better than Kopp

Reactions: IULouie
Considering we had to convince Geronimo to stay and the NIL dynamic, Brooks is not so good that I'd risk what seems to be pretty good team chemistry right now.
Did we really have to convince JG to stay? Or is that all just speculative bullshit?

He started at the 4 for UK. He was terrible at the 3 and he’s an awful 3 point shooter. So a 3 he is not. So he is not better than kopp at the 3. He’s not better than race or JG. We have zero need for him. Not a good fit at all.
I'm in the minority, but I still see promise in Kopp. I thought he was a better shooter at NW and multiple people commented on what a great shooter he was in practice. I'm hoping that the transfer adjustment just was harder for him and he's more relaxed and gets in the gym this summer to become the knock down shooter he is supposed to be. I think he's going to be the best shooter on the team this year... and I'm also hoping for a big improvement in Bates in that department too.

Did we really have to convince JG to stay? Or is that all just speculative bullshit?
sure sounded like he at least considered leaving, which at this point, I'd imagine most players do at the end of a season. But, I seem to remember specific stories announcing he had decided to stay, so I think his situation was known by at least a writer/reporter or two.

sure sounded like he at least considered leaving, which at this point, I'd imagine most players do at the end of a season. But, I seem to remember specific stories announcing he had decided to stay, so I think his situation was known by at least a writer/reporter or two.
Or known by a random jackass that gave him his first NIL deal. He was 50/50 gonna leave for sure. Very glad he stayed. Has the highest ceiling on the team.

I'm in the minority, but I still see promise in Kopp. I thought he was a better shooter at NW and multiple people commented on what a great shooter he was in practice. I'm hoping that the transfer adjustment just was harder for him and he's more relaxed and gets in the gym this summer to become the knock down shooter he is supposed to be. I think he's going to be the best shooter on the team this year... and I'm also hoping for a big improvement in Bates in that department too.
A 3 is expected to shoot 35% or better. He did that. His problem was he wasn’t open and he can get around players. He just couldn’t hit the floaters or jumpers. His 2 point percentage wasn’t good. He is an underrated defender and doesn’t make mistakes. Always where he’s supposed to be. That’s what kept him on the floor.

Hmmm. Nothing very concrete maybe. Seems fairly speculative. I guess I don’t doubt he at least considered his alternatives. All players should do so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT