ADVERTISEMENT

Keep your fingers crossed boys...

I don't get too worked up about this stuff until the first signing day. Exhibit A: the guy from SC who committed to us (this time last year), flipped to SC..., and as a cherry on top: ended up at P$U...

I hope he/they land(s) here but I'll get more fired up about it in December...

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Or both coaches after having seen him perform at summer camps in 2018 realized that there were better options to pursue. Not saying the young man isn't talented, he's just not their top priority. His national ranking has steadily fell since september of 2018. He was rated the #23 WR in the country at that time now his ranking is at #39. Both UM and MSU offered him in 2017 during his sophomore year, with only UM maintaining a close connection.

If Williams wants immediate playing time opportunities I can understand why he eliminated MSU. The talent ahead of him would almost certainly mean a redshirt year in 2020 at MSU. In addition MSU signed 4* Tre'von Morgan (#44 rated nationally) and Tre Mosley, (6'2", 180) in their 2019 class. He was not rated for most of 2018, but finished at#55 nationally. Don't know the situation at UM regarding WR's.

If as you indicate IU will be losing several seniors after 2019 the opportunity for a true freshman to step in would be advantageous.

Good luck, I'm sure he will make the best decision for him.
Our positions are not mutually exclusive.

giphy.gif

Do you know how long a username of PorkChop would last in the GBI trailer park?

About 1 post.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
I don't get too worked up about this stuff until the first signing day. Exhibit A: the guy from SC who committed to us (this time last year), flipped to SC..., and as a cherry on top: ended up at P$U...

I hope he/they land(s) here but I'll get more fired up about it in December...
You’re referring to Emery Simmons who committed to us, flipped to UNC, flipped to PSU , and ultimately flipped back to UNC. So I agree, recruiting at this point is , let’s say, very fluid.

You’re referring to Emery Simmons who committed to us, flipped to UNC, flipped to PSU , and ultimately flipped back to UNC. So I agree, recruiting at this point is , let’s say, very fluid.

Yep... "Only missed it by that much" (Get Smart [the TV show.]

Well..., I only missed it by a whole state:oops: but I'm glad you got my drift :D

Reactions: 82IU
Here's an update on Rashawn Williams from the Detroit Free Press.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...an-high-school-football-prospects/3454393002/

Rashawn Williams, Detroit King
Position: Wide receiver

247Sports Composite Ranking: 4-star prospect, No. 166 overall, No. 33 wide receiver

Prediction: Indiana

Buzz: My guess is that when he makes his initial verbal commitment, it’s going to come down to Indiana and Purdue, and ultimately, he ends up with Hoosiers. Williams has gone on record and said that he loves to family feel at Indiana, and that his mom loves it there as well. Also, keep in mind that former U-M standout Mike Hart is an assistant there, and he has formed a strong relationship with Williams and his family.

Here's an update on Rashawn Williams from the Detroit Free Press.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...an-high-school-football-prospects/3454393002/

Rashawn Williams, Detroit King
Position: Wide receiver

247Sports Composite Ranking: 4-star prospect, No. 166 overall, No. 33 wide receiver

Prediction: Indiana

Buzz: My guess is that when he makes his initial verbal commitment, it’s going to come down to Indiana and Purdue, and ultimately, he ends up with Hoosiers. Williams has gone on record and said that he loves to family feel at Indiana, and that his mom loves it there as well. Also, keep in mind that former U-M standout Mike Hart is an assistant there, and he has formed a strong relationship with Williams and his family.

Fingers crossed for sure. We are family!

Okay....what is the rub here?
Seriously. Where is the fine print?

Here’s a 6.0 RR high 4-star receiver in Detroit who doesn’t have either Michigan or Michigan State as a serious contender for his LOI? He’s got 5 and 6 win teams from the state of Indiana as the finalists here?

C’mon. Something doesn’t smell right with this!

Why not go to Michigan where you are going to win at minimum 8 games over IU and PU who will try to claw their way to bowl eligibility?
Many times the Michigan’s and Ohio States sometimes jump in late I’m guys like this.

Good point. He tweeted that he will announce his verbal On Monday (4/29), but there is some speculation as to how solid this initial commitment will be.

Good point. He tweeted that he will announce his verbal On Monday (4/29), but there is some speculation as to how solid this initial commitment will be.
I'm sure there is. I'm also sure that the final 2 being who they are has a lot do with that speculation. Still & all though, it's worthwhile as more than 80% of kids sign with the school they 1st commit to, on average.

Heard yesterday from a source that it’s basically down to Michigan or Purdue. A 50/50 shot for either program. My gut says Purdue right now.

Heard yesterday from a source that it’s basically down to Michigan or Purdue. A 50/50 shot for either program. My gut says Purdue right now.
And so we were kicked out of the mix? Darn. That said, if (or when??) IU has a great season next year, the recruiting will take care of itself. Have to be like Chris Ballard & Colts drafting strategy and trust the process!

And so we were kicked out of the mix? Darn. That said, if (or when??) IU has a great season next year, the recruiting will take care of itself. Have to be like Chris Ballard & Colts drafting strategy and trust the process!
No, we're not kicked out of the mix. That was according to his "source". No offense BRCB, but I recall your sources being incorrect in the past. A couple of times.

& right on cue, the resident B1G expert on TOS just put in his 11th hour prediction: guess what school he picked?

No, we're not kicked out of the mix. That was according to his "source". No offense BRCB, but I recall your sources being incorrect in the past. A couple of times.

Hey....don’t shoot the messenger. I hope that this guy was wrong in his info. Just that it was down to those 2 as of within the last week. Michigan wasn’t listed before but now, supposedly, mutual interest by both sides.

For all I know, he could wind up at WVU.

Are you talking about Alan Trieu on 247Sports? I don’t read his stuff.

Who did he pick?
He says IU, & I don't think I've read or heard anything in the last couple of months other than IU & Purdue being Williams final 2, but hey, perhaps you have a ..."unique" source. Let's be honest though, until the ink dries on his LOI, it's all just conjecture anyway.

He says IU, & I don't think I've read or heard anything in the last couple of months other than IU & Purdue being Williams final 2, but hey, perhaps you have a ..."unique" source. Let's be honest though, until the ink dries on his LOI, it's all just conjecture anyway.

Hey....I will say this: Trieu has a great crystal ball track record. And, I hope to hell he is right on this. I’ll take his choice in a heartbeat.

The guy I know works the 3-stripe camps. He may just be regurgitating rumors from kids talking for all I know.

Honestly, if the kid wants to look at a good opportunity for playing time early, it’s IU as a better chance to showcase him. We have 2 veterans graduating. Will be pretty open competition next year at that slot.

Hey....I will say this: Trieu has a great crystal ball track record. And, I hope to hell he is right on this. I’ll take his choice in a heartbeat.

The guy I know works the 3-stripe camps. He may just be regurgitating rumors from kids talking for all I know.

Honestly, if the kid wants to look at a good opportunity for playing time early, it’s IU as a better chance to showcase him. We have 2 veterans graduating. Will be pretty open competition next year at that slot.
That's what I think--playing time is what he wants.

That's what I think--playing time is what he wants.

With both Westbrook and Hale departing after 2019, you cannot have any better chance at starting at WR for 2020 of the schools in the list. Everyone here will be younger with the exception of Fryfogel, who will be a junior along with Whop and, assuming he is going to get ample playing time this year, Miles Marshall as a sophomore. I’m hoping that Hewitt develops as well.

(& girls, if we have any female members)we're apparently in the final 2 for a HIGHLY ranked 2020 WR out of Detroit, Rashawn Williams. He would be easily the highest ranked player we've ever snagged(4* 6.0 on rivals). He's actually, truly, legtimately down to IU &...sigh, gulp, evil glare..... Pur(F@!#$ng)due. Man oh man oh man, do we need to come out on top of this battle!
Video link, video made this morning discussing his final 5 schools.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rcs-cincinnati-rashawn-williams-previews-monday-commitment

Reactions: ESalum86
I see we have another prediction in our favor. Probably a good sign, but it's a long way 'til signing day.

Hard to read into the comments. Early playing time might suggest IU but the explosive plays comment and something about recruiting guys from Detroit area may be a reference to the two kids Purdue signed in the last class from Detroit.

I’d be a bit surprised if it is IU tomorrow but regardless of who gets him now, watch out for Michigan until the ink dries. They will come in during the fall and put on an 11th hour full court press with the kid.

Hard to read into the comments. Early playing time might suggest IU but the explosive plays comment and something about recruiting guys from Detroit area may be a reference to the two kids Purdue signed in the last class from Detroit.

I’d be a bit surprised if it is IU tomorrow but regardless of who gets him now, watch out for Michigan until the ink dries. They will come in during the fall and put on an 11th hour full court press with the kid.
Well, I didn't read the comments, I'm just going off of the predictions from said "experts", just becasue they're correct...83.52% of the time so far this season, to be exact. Not that all of the picks are for IU, but those made on the eve of announcement hold more weight, obviously, so I'll actually be surpried if it's not IU tomorrow, honestly, just from experience watching these predictions & the way they're made & the timing of them. HOWEVER, this is all just gossip anyway, really. We'll see in the fall & winter what's up.

In the video he says his biggest factor is early playing time. Add that on top of the fact he feels like our entire coaching staff is recruiting him AMD he loves that and I think odds are we get him.
Will play as a freshman and we are recruiting him stupid hard.

That is classic! Why does ANYONE come on here and quote sources that aren't literally a coach or the player themselves?

Regardless, a huge get for IU. IU is now playing in the A-league of recruiting. Believe this season's performance will continue a strong recruiting cycle!
When you have the culture we are starting to create AND the ability to play early recruits are going to love that opportunity! I'm loving what CTA is doing recruiting wise!

That is classic! Why does ANYONE come on here and quote sources that aren't literally a coach or the player themselves?

Regardless, a huge get for IU. IU is now playing in the A-league of recruiting. Believe this season's performance will continue a strong recruiting cycle!

I'm wondering if it may have been a matter of crossed signals/mistaken identity. It looks like there is a RB from the same HS as Williams that has Mich and Purdue in his top 4. Source could have been legitimate, but just had some info mixed up.

ADVERTISEMENT