ADVERTISEMENT

Keep your fingers crossed boys...

Pigalow

All-American
Nov 8, 2012
(& girls, if we have any female members)we're apparently in the final 2 for a HIGHLY ranked 2020 WR out of Detroit, Rashawn Williams. He would be easily the highest ranked player we've ever snagged(4* 6.0 on rivals). He's actually, truly, legtimately down to IU &...sigh, gulp, evil glare..... Pur(F@!#$ng)due. Man oh man oh man, do we need to come out on top of this battle!

Given 2 starting WR Seniors will be graduating, think he could be a "top dog" if he comes to IU. And if you compare QB play, think IU looks pretty good with 2 4* FR QBs. Not sure if he wants to make this before summer or wait, but think IU is going to show very well next season. Would be a great get...hope it happens!

Given 2 starting WR Seniors will be graduating, think he could be a "top dog" if he comes to IU. And if you compare QB play, think IU looks pretty good with 2 4* FR QBs. Not sure if he wants to make this before summer or wait, but think IU is going to show very well next season. Would be a great get...hope it happens!
Actually, I should clarify, it's "believed"(by some)that IU & Purdue are his final 2. That's not set in stone.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Hopefully sitting behind Moore and Bell and the other stud WRs that Purdue has will convince him to come here.

Don't really see any reason for him to pick Purdue over us to be honest, think we've got a pretty good shot here. Who wouldn't want to play in an offense with Michael Penix/Jack Tuttle+ Stevie Scott/Sampson James/Ronnie Walker?
Glad you included Walker. I still think the three of them are all going to have good years next season...and beyond!

Walker almost seems like the "forgotten back" already. Given another year in the system and weight room, I still see him as a vital contributor this year. Looks more like a home run hitter than the other two, I think.

1. Brohm/offensive gameplan
2. Friends of his already on the team (Marvin Grant and Jalen Graham)
3. Early playing time

Shall I continue?
Yeah I'm sure he will get a ton of targets being the #4 option at best behind Rondale Moore, David Bell, Milton Wright.

I'd much rather be the #1 option with the better quarterback, running backs and offensive line than be the #4 option with lesser talent around me

1. Brohm/offensive gameplan
2. Friends of his already on the team (Marvin Grant and Jalen Graham)
3. Early playing time

Shall I continue?
I will continue...no proven depth at LB, QB, RB, and OL for Jesus Brohm. Sorry, Jeff Brohm.

He has done an excellent job, and there is a ton of talent at WR, but he will have to work more magic to get more than 6 wins. PU has a more challenging OOC schedule than last year.

I will continue...no proven depth at LB, QB, RB, and OL for Jesus Brohm. Sorry, Jeff Brohm.

He has done an excellent job, and there is a ton of talent at WR, but he will have to work more magic to get more than 6 wins. PU has a more challenging OOC schedule than last year.

PU 2019 Schedule:
  • NevadaAthletics_Navy.png

AUG 30 (FRI) TBA

AT NEVADA
    RENO, NEV.

• Vanderbilt_Commodores.png

SEP 7 (SAT) TBA

VS VANDERBILT
    WEST LAFAYETTE, IND.

• Texas-Christian-University.png

SEP 14 (SAT) TBA

VS TCU
    WEST LAFAYETTE, IND.

• Minnesota.png

SEP 28 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    VS MINNESOTA
    WEST LAFAYETTE, IND.

• Penn-State.png

OCT 5 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    AT PENN STATE
    STATE COLLEGE, PA.

• Maryland_Terps.png

OCT 12 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    VS MARYLAND
    HOMECOMING
    WEST LAFAYETTE, IND.

• uiowa.png

OCT 19 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    AT IOWA
    IOWA CITY, IOWA

• Illinois-Block.png

OCT 26 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    VS ILLINOIS
    CANNON TROPHY GAME
    WEST LAFAYETTE, IND.

• Nebraska.png

NOV 2 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    VS NEBRASKA
    WEST LAFAYETTE, IND.

• Northwestern.png

NOV 9 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    AT NORTHWESTERN
    EVANSTON, ILL.

• Wisconsin.png

NOV 23 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    AT WISCONSIN
    MADISON, WIS.

• Indiana-University.png

NOV 30 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    VS INDIANA
    OLD OAKEN BUCKET GAME
    WEST LAFAYETTE, IND.
First blush:
4-0 start (unless lose @ Nevada or home to TCU?)
4-1 lose to PSU
5-1 beat MD @ home
5-2 lose @Iowa
6-2 Beat ILL @ home
Nebraska @ home - Toss up/TBD
Lose both @ NU & @ Wisc
IU @ home - Toss up/TBD

I'd project them 6-6 at worst, maybe 7-5 and sadly could be 8-4. How exactly do they have a more challenging non-conf schedule here?

BC was ok , Mizzu was fringe top 25, directional Michigan was a middle tier MAC.

None of the three nonconference games I feel are guaranteed wins, and none are guaranteed losses. All three should be competitive games. Vegas has their win total at 6 and I think that's going to be very close to the real total.

Jones and Knox ran really hard, and did a great job keeping the offense ahead of the chains. I think they will be hard to replace.

Last edited:
Reactions: turney333
I'd a 1-3 start is about as likely as a 4-0 start, and would guess a 2-2 is the most likely. Really underestimating Minny, who thrashed Purdue last year and looks to be better this year, while Purdue is likely taking step back.

Plus, I think the only game I'd give Purdue a greater than 60% chance of winning is home against Illinois

IU Schedule to compare vs. PU

• BALL STATE
    INDIANAPOLIS, IND. (LUCAS OIL STADIUM)

• EIU.png

SEP 7 (SAT) TBA

VS EASTERN ILLINOIS
    BLOOMINGTON, IND.

• ohio_state_logo.png

SEP 14 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    VS OHIO STATE
    BLOOMINGTON, IND.

• Husky_.png

SEP 21 (SAT) TBA

VS CONNECTICUT
    BLOOMINGTON, IND.

• Michigan-State.png

SEP 28 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    AT MICHIGAN STATE
    EAST LANSING, MICH.

• Rutgers.png

OCT 12 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    VS RUTGERS
    HOMECOMING
    BLOOMINGTON, IND.

• Maryland_Terps.png

OCT 19 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    AT MARYLAND
    COLLEGE PARK, MD.

• Nebraska.png

OCT 26 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    AT NEBRASKA
    LINCOLN, NEB.

• Northwestern.png

NOV 2 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    VS NORTHWESTERN
    BLOOMINGTON, IND.

• Penn-State.png

NOV 16 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    AT PENN STATE
    UNIVERSITY PARK, PA.

• Michigan_GoldM.png

NOV 23 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    VS MICHIGAN
    BLOOMINGTON, IND.

• Purdue.png

NOV 30 (SAT) TBA
    BIG TEN
    AT PURDUE
"Safe" projections:
2-0 to start season
2-1 lose (close?) @ home vs. OSU
3-1 Beat CT @ home
3-2 Lose @MSU
4-2 Beat Rutgers @Home
@ MD Toss Up/TBD
@ NEB Toss Up/TBD
NU @Home Toss up/TBD
Loss @PSU
Loss Home vs. UM
@Purdue - Toss Up/TBD

Wow, hard one to predict after Rutgers game on. They could "lose them all" or win 3-4. That gives a you a range of 4-8 to 8-4. I'm going to say 6-6 is the "safer" reasonable estimate thinking 2 wins could come from among: MD, NEB, NU & Purdue games, though 3 of 4 are on the road.

I'd like to believe IU's been knocking on the door of frankly all four of the big boys: UM, MSU, OSU & PSU, but until they actually knock one off, can't count on those yet & that's part of the murderer's row of B10 East.

*I do love having bye weeks after MSU AND Penn St games this season. All good rest has to help.

Still bullish! But until we see the 4* QB play, the big uglies of Oline consistent, RB's do what we think they can, 2 SR WR's killing it and then an overall Defense that plays like bunch of wild jokers (DC phrase quote) can't get too far over our skis. But I will not be surprised if

IU goes 6-6 or better, as I do think the talent is rising and New OC with great QB play can be a big difference maker...

I'd a 1-3 start is about as likely as a 4-0 start, and would guess a 2-2 is the most likely. Really underestimating Minny, who thrashed Purdue last year and looks to be better this year, while Purdue is likely taking step back.

Plus, I think the only game I'd give Purdue a greater than 60% chance of winning is home against Illinois
How nice would it be to be looking at a conference schedule that doesn't have Michigan, MSU, or OSU. Of course, we'll never know.

(& girls, if we have any female members)we're apparently in the final 2 for a HIGHLY ranked 2020 WR out of Detroit, Rashawn Williams. He would be easily the highest ranked player we've ever snagged(4* 6.0 on rivals). He's actually, truly, legtimately down to IU &...sigh, gulp, evil glare..... Pur(F@!#$ng)due. Man oh man oh man, do we need to come out on top of this battle!

Okay....what is the rub here?
Seriously. Where is the fine print?

Here’s a 6.0 RR high 4-star receiver in Detroit who doesn’t have either Michigan or Michigan State as a serious contender for his LOI? He’s got 5 and 6 win teams from the state of Indiana as the finalists here?

C’mon. Something doesn’t smell right with this!

Why not go to Michigan where you are going to win at minimum 8 games over IU and PU who will try to claw their way to bowl eligibility?

Here’s a 6.0 RR high 4-star receiver in Detroit who doesn’t have either Michigan or Michigan State as a serious contender for his LOI? He’s got 5 and 6 win teams from the state of Indiana as the finalists here?

Why not go to Michigan where you are going to win at minimum 8 games over IU and PU who will try to claw their way to bowl eligibility?

Michigan has done a garbage job of developing receivers recently and State has been struggling at QB.

Maybe the guy actually pays attention and doesn't go with pure hype... THAT would be refreshing...

Michigan has done a garbage job of developing receivers recently and State has been struggling at QB.

Maybe the guy actually pays attention and doesn't go with pure hype... THAT would be refreshing...

Those schools are more talented than IU and Purdue at the other positions that really matter in the trenches. That’s going to lead to more wins. Maybe the kid wants to get stats and that’s fine but he’s not going to be playing on a team that has a real potential for double digit wins if he’s down to the two Indiana schools.

Those schools are more talented than IU and Purdue at the other positions that really matter in the trenches. That’s going to lead to more wins. Maybe the kid wants to get stats and that’s fine but he’s not going to be playing on a team that has a real potential for double digit wins if he’s down to the two Indiana schools.

This is where I part company with you.

I think all Indiana Football fans are going to be happily surprised by our record next fall.

And... I think this will be the year we beat those "gentlemen" from up north... (MI)

I think all Indiana Football fans are going to be happily surprised by our record next fall.

And... I think this will be the year we beat those "gentlemen" from up north... (MI)

If we do beat them....it will be the long awaited breakthrough win they keep mentioning. Is that still one of the mantras or have they scrapped all that talk yet?

Reactions: IUgradman

Not to mention that going off of recruiting rankings, as of right now we'll have the superior QB to Michigan and Michigan State, about an equal running back room as Michigan and better than MSU, and a lot less depth at WR than both. Michigan will have the advantage on the offensive line (not sure about MSU), but instantly receiving #1 option targets while surrounded by similar or better offensive talent and one of the top strength and conditioning teams in the country seems pretty appealing to me.

There's no question in my mind that he'll have the best shot at Indiana of making the NFL of Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Not to mention that going off of recruiting rankings, as of right now we'll have the superior QB to Michigan and Michigan State, about an equal running back room as Michigan and better than MSU, and a lot less depth at WR than both. Michigan will have the advantage on the offensive line (not sure about MSU), but instantly receiving #1 option targets while surrounded by similar or better offensive talent and one of the top strength and conditioning teams in the country seems pretty appealing to me.

There's no question in my mind that he'll have the best shot at Indiana of making the NFL of Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue

Michigan State has an OL advantage over IU. Both do, actually, by a country mile.

Got to have guys protecting those guys throwing the ball all over the lot.

Why don't you tweet the kid & ask him? What you're saying is the same thing that was said about Cam Williams, & he was legit. Purdue has landed several kids of this ilk the last coule of years, so...Idk why it would be such a surprise that they're in his final 2. Unusual for us to be the final 2 for a kid ranked this high, yes it is, but it is the reality at the moment, nonetheless. Michigan was expected to be his choice early on, but there seems to be something he doesn't like about them.

That's what they said about Cam williams too, & he was legit. Purdue has landed several kids of this ilk the last coule of years, so...Idk why it would be such a surprise that they're in his final 2. Unusual for us to be the final 2 for a kid ranked this high, yes it is, but it is the reality at the moment, nonetheless. Michigan was expected to be his choice early on, but there seems to be something he doesn't like about them.
Yeah we just landed the highest rated class in program history and look like we're only going to keep trending up, Purdue also just landed a great class. I think this is just going to start becoming the new normal

Yeah we just landed the highest rated class in program history and look like we're only going to keep trending up, Purdue also just landed a great class. I think this is just going to start becoming the new normal
I hope so, I wouldn't go that far yet, but we have seen IU recruit legit B1G classes for quite a few years now. I think we need to win more in order for the 4* train to roll in every year, but it certainly has gotten better.

I sure hope you are right . I have been to every IU vs Michigan game (except one) since 2006. All but a couple have been really close.

I am ready to win that game.

If we do beat them....it will be the long awaited breakthrough win they keep mentioning. Is that still one of the mantras or have they scrapped all that talk yet?

Why would they scrap that talk?

Until it happens, wouldn't you want the coaches and team chanting and believing in that mantra? I know I would.

Or would you prefer them to adapt, "We will never beat the big boys so we need to accept it."

There is more and more talent to point to on IU’s roster today than in many years past. Think this staff can recruit well and a culture is building. He’ll you had an ex player welcomed back for pro day and a transfer commenting how much he still appreciates Coach Allen. Add in former OSU RB recruit and 2 4-star QBs on team, plus some stud athletes on defense and this is a lid that’s about to pop soon. And as stated, IUs top two wr’s are seniors, so big chunk of snaps will be up for grabs next season this kid could grab if he’s as good as advertised.

Purdue is a hot school right now....if it really is down to us and them, I think many kids will line up to go to Purdue. Stinks, but that's just how it is right now, especially for northern kids. If this kid was from the South, I'd like our chances much more.

This one is a real head scratcher. Williams was Crystal Balled to be 100% to UM in late December. The last MSU post regarding Williams was December 11, 2018, prior to that the last post was more than a year ago on March 26, 2018. MSU will have four senior WR's on their 2020 roster (White, Stewart, Chambers, Nelson), and one junior (Nailor) who are in the playing rotation making it difficult for a freshman to see the field. If he's looking for immediate playing time it is understandable that he is looking elsewhere.

I know he received offers from both MSU and UM, and is the highest rated WR recruit per Rivals, yet he is not considered the top WR recruit in the state by either school, Maliq Carr, a 6'5" WR has that distinction.

Most of the talk on the MSU board going back to last summer regarding WR recruiting was focused on in state players Carr (4*), and Devell Washington (3*, 6'4", 215), and out of state legacy recruit Mushin Muhammad (4*). Carr is considered a strong UM lean, Washington a strong MSU lean.

I haven't heard anything negative about this young man, or why he went from a 100% lock to UM to not having interest in them now.

MLK high school is one of the strongest programs within the city of Detroit that produces many D1, Power 5 capable players. Cass Tech being the other. Just outside of Ann Arbor is Belleville and that program has recently been producing a great number of Power 5 talent, and I have noticed that both MSU and UM have both emphasized recruiting in state players from this program.

Good luck.

This one is a real head scratcher. Williams was Crystal Balled to be 100% to UM in late December. The last MSU post regarding Williams was December 11, 2018, prior to that the last post was more than a year ago on March 26, 2018. MSU will have four senior WR's on their 2020 roster (White, Stewart, Chambers, Nelson), and one junior (Nailor) who are in the playing rotation making it difficult for a freshman to see the field. If he's looking for immediate playing time it is understandable that he is looking elsewhere.

I know he received offers from both MSU and UM, and is the highest rated WR recruit per Rivals, yet he is not considered the top WR recruit in the state by either school, Maliq Carr, a 6'5" WR has that distinction.

Most of the talk on the MSU board going back to last summer regarding WR recruiting was focused on in state players Carr (4*), and Devell Washington (3*, 6'4", 215), and out of state legacy recruit Mushin Muhammad (4*). Carr is considered a strong UM lean, Washington a strong MSU lean.

I haven't heard anything negative about this young man, or why he went from a 100% lock to UM to not having interest in them now.

MLK high school is one of the strongest programs within the city of Detroit that produces many D1, Power 5 capable players. Cass Tech being the other. Just outside of Ann Arbor is Belleville and that program has recently been producing a great number of Power 5 talent, and I have noticed that both MSU and UM have both emphasized recruiting in state players from this program.

Good luck.
Thanks for the insight.

Reactions: ESalum86
Maybe he thinks Harbaugh and Dantonio are both gigantic assholes and he doesn't want to play for them.

Maybe he thinks Harbaugh and Dantonio are both gigantic assholes and he doesn't want to play for them.

Or both coaches after having seen him perform at summer camps in 2018 realized that there were better options to pursue. Not saying the young man isn't talented, he's just not their top priority. His national ranking has steadily fell since september of 2018. He was rated the #23 WR in the country at that time now his ranking is at #39. Both UM and MSU offered him in 2017 during his sophomore year, with only UM maintaining a close connection.

If Williams wants immediate playing time opportunities I can understand why he eliminated MSU. The talent ahead of him would almost certainly mean a redshirt year in 2020 at MSU. In addition MSU signed 4* Tre'von Morgan (#44 rated nationally) and Tre Mosley, (6'2", 180) in their 2019 class. He was not rated for most of 2018, but finished at#55 nationally. Don't know the situation at UM regarding WR's.

If as you indicate IU will be losing several seniors after 2019 the opportunity for a true freshman to step in would be advantageous.

Good luck, I'm sure he will make the best decision for him.

Last edited:
Purdue is a hot school right now....if it really is down to us and them, I think many kids will line up to go to Purdue. Stinks, but that's just how it is right now, especially for northern kids. If this kid was from the South, I'd like our chances much more.
That would be my 1st thought too, however, if he wants to get on the field early, IU would certainly be the right choice, & I think he might want to do just that. Purdue is kinda' loaded at WR right now, so he probably couldn't just stroll into a starting roll. Plus, just the fact that he has this final 2 means--who knows!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT