ADVERTISEMENT

Keep the block "I" for next wk.

Since pu will be wearing black it would be nice to see us decked out in Crimson.

Can't recall the rule that's applicable, but since all but the color blind (sorry ladies & gents if that's you) have celebrated the arrival of color TV since what, the late 1950's(?), a color contrast of Crimson vs black would make for some beautiful televised sport (in my opinion)...

Beat purdue!!!

I agree, I liked the matte crimson helmets with the single letter. I hope they wear them more often.

67: the stripes are an "homage" to the 67/68 Rose Bowl Team.

I think they'd look good either way.
Well if that's the case then keep 'em. That's the team that turned me into an IU fan back when I was in HS. Hope this season ends with a bucket win just like that season did.

Reactions: RBB89 and 76-1
love the red helmet with the pin stripes, block I or IU interlock. (only deviation should be between those 2)

not at all a fan of of the matte finish though, and it makes the color look off as well.

there's a reason why no one drives a car with a matte finish.

at least the red matte isn't nearly as bad as the Mohawks, the beyond absurd chrome-red stripes that make us look like a joke, and the script. (and WTF's with the blue)?

that said, and i've asked many times with no response, (not even from 89), who makes the call on unis and helmets?

is the beyond ridiculous helmet carousel on Glass or on Adidas?

one side note, since the day Glass became AD, we've never once worn a uni that was worn before Glass became AD.

not once.

we would have with the red pin strip helmets this yr, both the interlock and block I, were it not for the matte finish.

i almost get the feeling Glass has some ego thing about any uni that isn't exclusive to his tenure.

love the red helmet with the pin stripes, block I or IU interlock. (only deviation should be between those 2)

not at all a fan of of the matte finish though, and it makes the color look off as well.

at least the red matte isn't nearly as bad as the Mohawks, the beyond absurd chrome-red stripes that make us look like a joke, and the script. (and WTF's with the blue)?

that said, and i've asked many times with no response, (not even from 89), who makes the call on unis and helmets?

one side note, since the day Glass became AD, we've never once worn a uni that was worn before Glass became AD.

not once.

we would have with the red pin strip helmets this yr, both the interlock and block I, were it not for the matte finish.

i almost get the feeling Glass has some ego thing about any uni that isn't exclusive to his tenure.
Its a kid thing...The kids love all the uni changes and cool looks. Personally I love the candy stripe chrome helmets. There are plenty of worse looks than those but everyone I have spoke with likes them. Out of all the chrome domes you see out there the stripes are one of my favorites. I like the okie lite chromes too. Thats jmo though.

Adidas has rolled out some cool looks for IU. Did you like the Heps rock uni's? I thought those were pretty sharp.

I was on the Colorado board for years and when the ducks started all the shenanigans with the uni's we all bitched too. The oregon stuff was just fugly but then it caught on and the kids really love it.

Reactions: YOTHN

not once.

Adidas will work with us on concepts, and give us prototypes, and we ultimately have the final say. We are, however, contractually obligated to wear one alternate uniform every year. Our base uniform is essentially what we've been wearing since DiNardo's second year in 2003. Style/fit changes along with apparel providers and things evolve, but we've had the same basic look for over a decade. Your Glass rant is just goofy. The helmets, yes, we've had a million of those. The players vote every week on what to wear.

As for the blue you mentioned, that was part of a red white and blue sticker for Veterans' Day/salute to service.

I think most like the block I as our staple uniform but I am all for the different types of uni's. The kids love the change of pace and it's just something else for them to get excited about. I do agree that we should probably always go with the traditional uni for the bucket game and bowl games. I wouldn't even mind if we went retro with the Cam Cameron black jersey's. Not because they were good because they were completely out there.....but for nostalgia reasons, it would be fun for a random game.

I think most like the block I as our staple uniform but I am all for the different types of uni's. The kids love the change of pace and it's just something else for them to get excited about. I do agree that we should probably always go with the traditional uni for the bucket game and bowl games. I wouldn't even mind if we went retro with the Cam Cameron black jersey's. Not because they were good because they were completely out there.....but for nostalgia reasons, it would be fun for a random game.
Actually...for grins, I would love to roll out the baby blues from the Dickens years! Now that would be a hoot!!!

Reactions: YOTHN
7_578352.jpg
Oh, puh-lese! For the love of God and all that is holy -- NOOOOOOOOOOO!
We fight for the cream and crimson!

Please don't give the Amy the designer (who graduated from Ball State) any new screwball ideas on how to make our football uniforms nearly unrecognizable! :confused:

How we avoided a KFC lawsuit last season amazed me. :cool:

//Amy (as far as I know) is not a real person but just the prototype of an individual I figure they've got coming up with some of this stuff: a person with no connection to the university, who's never played a down of organized football//;)

Now, let's get back to the IMPORTANT business at hand: Beat purdue!!!:D

Reactions: YOTHN and td75
ADVERTISEMENT