ADVERTISEMENT

Kaufman.

Coming off a would be tourney appearance in year 3 along with at least 20 wins, and looks to have his best team this year (in terms of depth and talent). Yet you want him fired. Some just refuse to give a coach time to build before they classify them good or bad. With your mentality we’d be hiring and firing one coach after another.

While I admit that this is a big year for Archie I would advise you to take a look at the list of legendary coaches that struggled early in their tenure. (hint: it’s not short)

Is that list as long as the list of coaches who never really got things in gear and ended up getting the hook? Should we compare them?

As for him having his best team, we’re being picked to finish in the middle of the pack. Now, granted, preseason rankings are utterly worthless. I put zero stock in them. That said, I do expect us to improve on our T10 finish last year.

Look, it doesn’t matter that I would’ve fired him. I’m not the AD, I’m not the president of the university, I’m not a trustee. He’s going to be our coach for at least the next couple of years whatever you or I think. And, because I always pull for IU to be successful, I’m pulling for you and his other defenders to be right (and me to be wrong). I’d love to eat crow on this.

But I don’t see any particular reason to be optimistic. I wish I did.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Tag of "inauthentic" is pretty rich coming from someone who won't own up to having had more screen names than the number of people posting here most days. But then charging others with one's own failings is the classic projection of denial, just like "ankle biting" - as your posting history attests, you never start threads, only jump in to tell others how very wrong they are. Can't mask the lack of creativity and wit, but as those attributes are alien to you, you're stuck operating in the vacuum of your own space.

This is where you recycle your unimaginative rejoinders, but as I've exceeded by quota of troll food for the month, I'll defer. Anyway, heard it all before ad nauseam, so won't think any less of you. Simply not possible.

Don't feed the troll. Basketball is around the corner and it would be nice not to have this place in the toilet once again.

Keep in mind this is hear-say. I live in his area. I’ve talked to some people that know him pretty well. Most people have told me that he is all about IU but his mom has pushed to hold him off because she wants him to get better offers. This is what I’ve heard many times in regards to IU the past several years. Romeo. Brooks. IUs lack of success hasn’t really effected what kids think of IU because it’s all about friendships, coaching philosophy, campus life. It seems more and more that it’s the parents that have trouble buying us. Especially in this State.

You need better sources.

Bitter? Children please!!!!
Most people here hang on your every word, even as it enrages them. A few desperate ones claim to not know you’re still on the air, and then they’ll relay very specific comments you made during a broadcast. It’s funny, revealing and highly entertaining. You live rent free in their heads.

Now Kaufman can be 2nd fiddle to Furst at PU.
Not sure how well that helps his game.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Huh, looky who's still here? The guy that was just coming over before the TK announcement to try and gather any new nuggets, but definitely not to troll or rub it in. Hey, not sure if you know, but TK announced for you guys awhile ago. I mean, you're not here to troll... right?

Reactions: mattn7
i know that this is not the board for this sort of thing but the discussion is about Kaufman and how he will be utilized at Purdue. If everybody stays healthy and plays to match their ranking, I expect both Furst and Kaufman to start around Edey at center. Numbered positions don’t really mean much in the motion offense, but I’d see Furst at the 4 and Kaufman at the 3. Guards are not a problem, so I think Purdue will make good use of both 2021 recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT