ADVERTISEMENT

Kaufman Announcement Date Set for 10-30

IU’s culture problem goes beyond one recruit. TK’s decision has nothing to do with it, as far as I know. And it predates Archie.

But it’s a very real thing, and a problem.

That's it?

Nothing revelatory (nor necessarily constructive) in mining the pre-Miller years for cause, my comments and persistent queries have been specific to the time since he arrived. Presumably his arrival was/is being accompanied by the institution of a new and somewhat different 'culture'. Taking issue with the former is a hackneyed and fruitless exercise in preaching to the choir - the challenge I offered was to identify failings within the latter that I believe most consider a work in progress and therefore undeserving of condemnation absent specific examples of negligence. omission, faulty decision-making, etc. That was then, this is now.

Time to put up or shut up Councilor. Charges require evidence, and without them there is no case - because one says so just doesn't cut it. I dare say as much will be amply demonstrated in the week to come.

All this blathering and bloviation about "culture", as if it comes in a box or requires naught but hand-waving and incantations, and largely because you resent Coach Miller for not publicly falling on his sword and an otherwise unsubstantiated opinion that everyone of import has 'settled' for something less than a stellar performance level. Hog spittle. Despite the lengthy attempts at dissection and rebuttal, you have yet to offer a single specific action that can or should be undertaken to effect the exalted culture of which you speak, only vague homilies and chitter akin to recycled motivational speaking hustle - the kind of vacuous rah-rah drivel generally associated with those peddling the keys to success and/or boosting widget sales (and eerily reminiscent of the last guy to coach at AH). Stop obfuscating and deliver the goods, because as it reads, no matter how much one might be willing to consider your position, you've offered squat in terms of any concrete action that should have been or ought to be undertaken to foster success.

Imagining that Miller or anyone at IU associated with the Athletic Department is content with recent results is delusional. The only cultural deficiency associated with the Program that you've really shown any evidence of is whining. Lots and lots of whining to support a summary judgment about imagined lapses in attitude among people whom you've never met, don't know and haven't the least real or experiential knowledge of on which to base your conclusions. As you tell it, there's just no there there. An astronomer or volcanologist would call it outgassing.

Beat that horse if you must, but repackaging Ordy's feeble trolling by adding some jejune faith-based antidote to the allegedly defective culture you claim is to blame is far less interesting than the coming Season and playing the hand that's been dealt. The wonky armchair analysis re: the perceived frailties and failings of IU's psyche/operant attitude is tedious and remains magnificently empty and devoid of evidence as you have failed in repeated attempts to identify a single strategic, financial or executive failing of late within the program.

The die is cast - for now. I invite you to reprise your theory (supported with specific examples of course) mid- or postseason (if the certain lack of success implied in your position comes to pass), but until then, might we discuss actual basketball? Say scheduling, Players, Xs and Os, rotations, opponent match-ups, defensive schemes, etc. - got anything along those lines? You can instead of course double down by pointing to TK's pU commitment as proof that IU lacks the 'culture', but you'd be expected to explain why RL, TJD and KL imagine otherwise.
This is a classic example of the lowered expectations of which we speak. Excuse and denial and deflection, packaged in wordy, tortured prose. But you’ve lowered the bar (if you ever had one), even if you don’t choose or even realize that you did.

That's it?

Nothing revelatory (nor necessarily constructive) in mining the pre-Miller years for cause, my comments and persistent queries have been specific to the time since he arrived. Presumably his arrival was/is being accompanied by the institution of a new and somewhat different 'culture'. Taking issue with the former is a hackneyed and fruitless exercise in preaching to the choir - the challenge I offered was to identify failings within the latter that I believe most consider a work in progress and therefore undeserving of condemnation absent specific examples of negligence. omission, faulty decision-making, etc. That was then, this is now.

Time to put up or shut up Councilor. Charges require evidence, and without them there is no case - because one says so just doesn't cut it. I dare say as much will be amply demonstrated in the week to come.
“Councilor”? On what council does he serve? I believe you intend to refer to him / her as “Counselor”.

Uh...did you read my post? Did you read the post I was responding to?

I’m not connecting our macro-problem with our micro-loss of a recruit. Somebody else assumed I was or would. And I guess you assumed I was too.

I didn’t.

Really was responding to your recent body of hand wringing work. One good player....there are more out there, we don't get them all. Don't get caught up in Ordy's IU-trashing act.

Relax. The sun will be up soon and thankfully IU will still be IU.

Big FB game today....

Go Hoosiers.

Uh...did you read my post? Did you read the post I was responding to?

I’m not connecting our macro-problem with our micro-loss of a recruit. Somebody else assumed I was or would. And I guess you assumed I was too.

I didn’t.
i think your and my view is probably due to our long time connection (as fans) to the program, whereas the opposing views seem universally to come from those who’ve never seen us achieve at an elite level for any extended period.

Really was responding to your recent body of hand wringing work. One good player....there are more out there, we don't get them all. Don't get caught up in Ordy's IU-trashing act.

Relax. The sun will be up soon and thankfully IU will still be IU.

Big FB game today....

Go Hoosiers.

I resent the accusation that my handwringing is only “recent”! I’ve been wringing them for years!

Seriously, though, I’m not here piling on Archie for losing Kaufman. As twenty and others can attest, I’ve been singing this sad song for longer than I care to remember.

Reactions: Birnk403
I resent the accusation that my handwringing is only “recent”! I’ve been wringing them for years!

Seriously, though, I’m not here piling on Archie for losing Kaufman. As twenty and others can attest, I’ve been singing this sad song for longer than I care to remember.

No problemo. I only noticed it in this discussion about losing the recruit. I have no issue with real IU fans being upset with where the program is...we all are. It is the anti-IU trolls pretending to be fans just to bash the coach and 19 year old kids they have never met that i have zero tolerance for.

IU will be relatively the same two years from now. with or without this player as others will fill the gaps. TK obviously really wanted to play in Laffy as he sacrificed so much that comes with wearing the candy stripes, so wish him well and move on.

Have a couple of bourbons, enjoy the IU game this afternoon and the Ahia v PSu game this evening then get laid.

All is well.

Last edited:
You know even less about bourbon than college basketball. Stick to high school basketball and hard cider.

You know what’s ironic about this? Early Times isn’t even bourbon. It isn’t aged in new barrels.

Look at the label: it’s designated as “Kentucky Whisky.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT