ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas violations, just in time

Nothing will happen to Kansas . Nothing happened to North Carolina, and nothing happened to Arizona. Nothing happened Syracuse. All were caught read handed and the ncaa can’t do a damn thing. It is sad.

Reactions: Cavanagh.6
Nothing will happen to Kansas . Nothing happened to North Carolina, and nothing happened to Arizona. Nothing happened Syracuse. All were caught read handed and the ncaa can’t do a damn thing. It is sad.

Syracuse vacated over 100 wins and self imposed a postseason ban in 2015. Boeheim also served a nine game suspension in 2016.

Last edited:
I....think they might be in some real s#!+ this time. Yes, it's hard to say with the way these....weasels are always weaseling out of s#!+, but this stuff is pretty damn...damning. We'll see.

I don’t know where some of you are coming from. Syracuse was slapped with serious penalties and it’s not over for Arizona and Kansas - the notifications of allegations have been made, the investigation phases are in progress, and then the penalties will be assessed. I expect them to be significant given what we know.

Unfortunately, UNC could not be punished by for what they did because they didn’t violate an NCAA rule. The NCAA can’t impose a penalty without a violation. I don’t like it, but that is a fact.

Self should be fired and Kansas put on probation. Dirty Self should be canned.

The previous season was vacated, 2011-12.
But the schools, fans, players, high school recruits, etc... don't give a damn about vacating previous wins, seasons, even championships (ask Louisville how there recruiting has been lately). Unless a team loses scholarships and has FUTURE post season bans, nobody cares.

But the schools, fans, players, high school recruits, etc... don't give a damn about vacating previous wins, seasons, even championships (ask Louisville how there recruiting has been lately). Unless a team loses scholarships and has FUTURE post season bans, nobody cares.

Louisville had to take down its championship banner and give back its trophy. Four seasons were wiped from the books. And Louisville did self impose a postseason ban in 2016.

Reactions: minneman

Agree. Vacating past games and hardware is fine but unless you hit them where it counts, cheating will be worth the risk for some programs and coaches.

Nah, let's not be naive. By now we've learned the NCAA is toothless..all bark and no bite

Maybe but part of me thinks it’s a new era in NCAA enforcement. And why do the feds suddenly care about cheating in college sports? They could have stepped in at any point over the last 130 years. Lol. But they choose now? Maybe, in like a Shakespearean twist, some wildly influential societal elite has an ax to grind with the current power structure of college basketball. Or they found god. I’m enjoying it either way.

Reactions: ufo33
Nah, let's not be naive. By now we've learned the NCAA is toothless..all bark and no bite
Louisville and Pitino went down, so can Kansas and Self. Published reports of $100K payouts to recruits to sign with Kansas just can not be swept under the rug so easily in 2019. Bill Self is likely done like Pitino. 13 consecutive Big 12 tiles were bought and paid for by Kansas. Strip Kansas wins during that period. Dollar Bill Self got exposed as cheater, he should be done. No oversight by Kansas. Rock Chalk For-Feit.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Wall2Boogie
"Violations" not "investigation".

They are hosed.
Not a chance. Its kansas.
If investigating Kansas then why not Duke? Zion was allegedly offered money to play for Kansas but ends up at Duke. Does anybody actually think money wasn’t exchanged? Probably right about Kansas not getting penalized. Some of those schools are Teflon coated. Love to hear some of the coaches thoughts off the record about the cheating going on in college basketball.

As a recruit I would not go near Kansas as they are about to go down for paying players. Self should be fired, and made a national example of what happens to cheaters who pay players like fired Louisville coach Rick Pitino.
Your setting yourself up for failure. Like arizona not a thing will happen to kansas. Nothing.

Reactions: birdforbogey
If investigating Kansas then why not Duke? Zion was allegedly offered money to play for Kansas but ends up at Duke. Does anybody actually think money wasn’t exchanged? Probably right about Kansas not getting penalized. Some of those schools are Teflon coated. Love to hear some of the coaches thoughts off thke record about the cheating going on in college basketball.
Kansas is teflon also. Just watch.

Not this time. Kansas was caught on tape. Self and Kansas are going down.

Last edited:
As a recruit I would not go near Kansas as they are about to go down for paying players. Self should be fired, and made a national example of what happens to cheaters who pay players like fired Louisville coach Rick Pitino.
As a recruit, I'm going to California. They are going to allow players to profit from their likeness. Such a California thing to do.

In reality, there is no way the NCAA is going to allow one state to hold an advantage like that. But once payment is allowed, jt will become a bidding war for contracts and ways to place images in every place possible to pay players the most.

If you think there are corrupt programs now, wait until we pay athletes.

As a recruit, I'm going to California. They are going to allow players to profit from their likeness. Such a California thing to do.

In reality, there is no way the NCAA is going to allow one state to hold an advantage like that. But once payment is allowed, jt will become a bidding war for contracts and ways to place images in every place possible to pay players the most.

California should just be their own country. They do not obey national laws.

Last edited:
Reactions: ulrey

I would never go to California as a recruit. Their government has ruined their state.

I would never go to California as a recruit. Their government has ruined their state.
The people choose their leadership. People get what they deserve.

A top recruit would be happy to go the California and get paid vs going to North Carolina, Kentucky or Indiana where they would not be paid. Unless the NCAA gave in, California schools would be banned from the NCAA tournament. It is unclear if the California legislature has thought that far ahead. At least Self would have a place to work. It would be business as usual for him.

A top recruit would be happy to go the California and get paid vs going to North Carolina, Kentucky or Indiana where they would not be paid. Unless the NCAA gave in, California schools would be banned from the NCAA tournament. It is unclear if the California legislature has thought that far ahead. At least Self would have a place to work. It would be business as usual for him.
Haha! $elf
I actually talked to Bill Self at the concession stand at New Castle Fieldhouse, he was there watching Billy Preston and Romeo play on ESPN national televised Geico HS games with New Albany vs LaLumiere, Oak Hill Academy vs Sierra Canyon (?) Self told me, "This place is awesome (New Castle Fieldhouse). And Indiana HS Basketball is great." I believe Billy Preston is one of the players who's mom was allegedly paid thousands of dollars $$$$ but then never played for Kansas due to grades or injury.

Last edited:

They didn't think that far ahead. That their teams might not be NCAA eligible if their players were paid. California gets what they deserve with their own elected government.

Stick to basketball.

Garcia had both Kansas and UNC in his final group and those 2 may have fallen behind now with unc landing a different center, and kansas facing major allegations.

Curbello was also impressed with KU but I wonder now if he will head to Miami.

You could say that again. If you like high priced gas, crazy exspensive housing, and massive regulations than california is your place.

Home to some of the most powerful corporations, amazing natural beauty, fifth largest economy in the world, healthy government finances, and a leader in green energy. What is Indiana known for? Land is cheap in Indiana because no one wants to live here.

As for the new law allowing student athletes to profit from the use of their likeness, is that not the heart of capitalism? California is doing the right thing to let players make money from endorsements and apparel sales. Nothing more American than that.

It is about time the NCAA’s ridiculous regulations get challenged.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT