ADVERTISEMENT

Kalen DeBoer

Deboer was a stud. It's not an exaggeration to say that if Indiana had kept him they might win the Big Ten this year. He was that good. He's got a bunch of two star players and he almost upset Oregon, and then last night he beat #13 UCLA and put up 200 more yards than Chip Kelly could produce. His offense dropped another 570 yards on them. We'd be 3-0 averaging 500 yards a game right now. Some big time program is going to going to snap him up here shortly. If USC was not run by idiots they'd hire him.

Deboer was a stud. It's not an exaggeration to say that if Indiana had kept him they might win the Big Ten this year. He was that good. He's got a bunch of two star players and he almost upset Oregon, and then last night he beat #13 UCLA and put up 200 more yards than Chip Kelly could produce. His offense dropped another 570 yards on them. We'd be 3-0 averaging 500 yards a game right now. Some big time program is going to going to snap him up here shortly. If USC was not run by idiots they'd hire him.

With DeBoer we may have been in the college football playoffs last year. Instead we are stuck with a lemon at OC who learned nothing from DeBoer. I don't know what IU tried to keep DeBoer, but losing DeBoer was easily the worst thing to have happened to IU fball in the past 10 years. The guy can flat out coach. Anyone in their heart of hearts would take him over Allen tomorrow as the head coach. Only a matter of time until he is leading a top program.

Watching this game tonight, a winless UNLV is marching up and down the field on Fresno State. Kalen knows offense but their defense looks awful.

• Wow
Reactions: 76-1
Watching this game tonight, a winless UNLV is marching up and down the field on Fresno State. Kalen knows offense but their defense looks awful.
Maybe he'll lose out and come back... (as OC)...🙊

Mean thing to think and I doubt he'll be going anywhere (but a Bowl game at the end of the year) but the thought did cross my mind... 😔

Maybe he'll lose out and come back... (as OC)...🙊

Mean thing to think and I doubt he'll be going anywhere (but a Bowl game at the end of the year) but the thought did cross my mind... 😔
He does like the end-around / WR sweep and several of them have backfired in the red zone tonight.

He does like the end-around / WR sweep and several of them have backfired in the red zone tonight.
Well he's good but I seem to recall that everything he ran wasn't platinum...

Where he appeared to do his best work while he was here was as the QB position coach...

Fresno comes back for the W 38 - 30.

He won't be returning...

Truthfully I don't think it's our schemes that are hurting us as much as our execution (as in lack of)...

We'll see in a few hours if our guys have taken it upon themselves to fix that...

Well he's good but I seem to recall that everything he ran wasn't platinum...

Where he appeared to do his best work while he was here was as the QB position coach...
DeBoer was always Both OC & QB coach.

DeBoer was always Both OC & QB coach.
Knew that.

My point was that his most impressive work (in my opinion) was done with his position group... (the QB's)... Which, I guess, is how I should have written it the first time...

Hopefully our guys will start executing and the natives (including me) will become less restless...

With DeBoer we may have been in the college football playoffs last year. Instead we are stuck with a lemon at OC who learned nothing from DeBoer. I don't know what IU tried to keep DeBoer, but losing DeBoer was easily the worst thing to have happened to IU fball in the past 10 years. The guy can flat out coach. Anyone in their heart of hearts would take him over Allen tomorrow as the head coach. Only a matter of time until he is leading a top program.
I always thought of DeBoer like a Kevin Wilson type but with the actual ability to relate to people and not be an ass. Some of those naia guys don’t get enough credit. They don’t have the budgets for a ton at staff so they have to have a very broad skill set to be successful long term.

74-7 lifetime, 17-2 in playoffs, 3 national titles and 3 national COTY (NAIA) in five years as a HC. That’s not easy to do at any level of football.

KD was a steal. Nothing he does out there will shock me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT