ADVERTISEMENT

Kaleb Banks commits to IU

Based on "highlight" video, is a bit of a project, not a particularly physical player (needs a lot of development physically), doesn't seem to use height under the boards well, seems a little lazy on defense, not a fighter. Not a great jumper although in a couple of instances can block shots, but doesn't consistently challenge offensive players. Decent outside shot, good ball handler. Doubtful contributor first year or maybe even second year unless a lot happens. He's #3 in light jersey.

There seem to be folks high on him, but this video doesn't show me much. Maybe there are others out there where he is playing better.

Based on "highlight" video, is a bit of a project, not a particularly physical player (needs a lot of development physically), doesn't seem to use height under the boards well, seems a little lazy on defense, not a fighter. Not a great jumper although in a couple of instances can block shots, but doesn't consistently challenge offensive players. Decent outside shot, good ball handler. Doubtful contributor first year or maybe even second year unless a lot happens. He's #3 in light jersey.

There seem to be folks high on him, but this video doesn't show me much. Maybe there are others out there where he is playing better.

Agree the "wow" factor's not there, but as you said, good shooter & ball handler. And can take the ball to the basket. Looks like a 4 year player, which isn't all bad. Needs to add some strength.

Last edited:
Just no pleasing some people.
Has a good offer list and it’s not like recruits are knocking the door down at the moment.
MW obviously likes the kid,I think maybe give him a chance.
At least until he’s actually coached a game and Banks has played a game before starting with the ‘who’s that’ crap🙄

Last edited:
Good job by the staff of extending our ability to reach out to others not so close to Bloomington... Kaleb might benefit from a redshirt year if both he and the coaches agree...

Reactions: Champs1976
Just no pleasing some people.
Has a good offer list and it’s not like recruits are knocking the door downstairs the moment.
MW obviously likes the kid,I think maybe give him a chance.
At least until he’s actually coached a game and Banks has played a game before starting with the ‘who’s that’ crap🙄
Just a cousin humper from rupp trolling the board.

And here's another opinion, maybe a little more authoritative than yours:

"In April, 247 Sports recruiting analyst Eric Bossi named Banks among a handful of players who impressed during the Exposure Breakout national showcase event in Georgia:

A lean and wiry strong junior, Banks is in the 6’7/6’8” range, doesn’t lack for confidence and has impressive physical tools. He’s a toughness guy whose skill has really developed whether it be in the post, going off the dribble or making decisions. His game is about versatility and it is easy to see why Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Mississippi State and Xavier have all offered.
As a junior at Fayette County High School last year, Banks averaged 23.5 points and 8.5 rebounds per game while shooting 38% (40-for-105) from 3-point range. He was named Class 4A Region 5 Player of the Year."

Coach Woodson must see something you don't. Just saying.

Other sites are much higher on him. Guys on Hoosier Sports Nation have a 3 page thread on the guy dating back to last month if interested.

I don’t know much about this young man but based on the trashing by the usual suspects, this pickup must be of some concern to UK and PU.

qIK__D.gif

Why’d you change it from the questionable comment “IU now has surpassed broilee class for 2022. More to go!” To that?
I included Bates and Waddell in the original post. I think that right now broilee and IU recruits for 2022 are fairly even. IU recruits have ahigher ceiling IMO. Late recruits Waddell, a zero star, vs 5* Bates would tip the scales solidly towards IU. You are the poster that wrote about Woodson and his "Depends" that started the pi$$ing match on the "Washington to Carolina" thread. Please don't start this up again on this thread.

I included Bates and Waddell in the original post. I think that right now broilee and IU recruits for 2022 are fairly even. IU recruits have ahigher ceiling IMO. Late recruits Waddell, a zero star, vs 5* Bates would tip the scales solidly towards IU. You are the poster that wrote about Woodson and his "Depends" that started the pi$$ing match on the "Washington to Carolina" thread. Please don't start this up again on this thread.
ignoring how soft you are in The 2nd part of your post to just say I disagree with the 1st part. You pretty much feel the same way about the 2022s which is why you felt the need to include late 2021s to help your story

ADVERTISEMENT