ADVERTISEMENT

Kaleb Banks - Anthony Walker

You have to buy one this season over the other... Who ya got?
I'm going to lean Kaleb Banks.
I don't like to suggest one IU player over another, but I think just so far, I have a feeling Walker knows what he's doing and will be a steady sparkplug. But, I think Banks has shown a lot of promise, but Walker looks to be the better and more versatile defender too. I really would love to see the 2nd platoon of: Cupps, Gunn, Banks, Walker and Sparks get some PT together.

I don't like to suggest one IU player over another, but I think just so far, I have a feeling Walker knows what he's doing and will be a steady sparkplug. But, I think Banks has shown a lot of promise, but Walker looks to be the better and more versatile defender too. I really would love to see the 2nd platoon of: Cupps, Gunn, Banks, Walker and Sparks get some PT together.
We essentially traded Geronimo for Walker. I think we are getting the best end of the deal.

Thats what we all thought going into last season.

In any case, where's the scoring going to come from with the second unit on the floor?
I doubt we see a scenario where one or two of the starting 5 is not on the floor. But to answer...

Walker, Sparks and even Gunn. Banks as well.

Malik, Mgbako, TG, XJ and Ware are gonna see 30 a night...At worse, 25.

Thats what we all thought going into last season.

In any case, where's the scoring going to come from with the second unit on the floor?
I actually don't think scoring would be a problem. Gunn always looks to score and Banks is capable. Sparks too; get him the ball on the block and he can score. Walker seems to be a garbage man, but will take it to the hole and Cupps can knock down shots and get his too. Not a prolific scorer, but I think all are capable and would take their opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT