ADVERTISEMENT

K Brooks- story not over yet??

He’s been more productive than Race while playing less minutes. That’s a fact.
Show me the stats, based on what? If he is, the difference is negligible and doesn't warrant your hero worship. He has been a middling sometimes bench rider for two years. If he had real talent Calapari would have gotten him to NBA caliber by now and there is absolutely nothing that he has done that can even generate an NBA interest. Find some other kid to worship. Who are you, his Dad?

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
Show me the stats, based on what? If he is, the difference is negligible and doesn't warrant your hero worship. He has been a middling sometimes bench rider for two years. If he had real talent Calapari would have gotten him to NBA caliber by now and there is absolutely nothing that he has done that can even generate an NBA interest. Find some other kid to worship. Who are you, his Dad?
Lol at your strawman “worship” argument.

Which player would you rather have?

Player A:

Min/gm: 28.1
Pts/gm: 9.1
Reb/gm: 6.2
AST/gm: 1.4
Stl/gm: 1
Blk/gm: 1.3
FG%: 51.5%
3pt%: 20%
FT%: 61.4%

Player B:

Min/gm: 23.6
Pts/gm: 10.3
Reb/gm: 6.8
AST/gm: 1.6
Stl/gm: .6
Blk/gm: .8
FG%: 44.1%
3pt%: 21.4%
FT%: 79.5%

He has nothing, absolutely nothing stat wise to warrant that kind of blind belief.
Have you watched him play? He's very versatile not great at anything but fairly good at everything. Most likely a better fit than Race (was last year) due to his agility, speed, and ability to handle the ball

I guess it depends on what the role is, if perimeter-oriented requiring athleticism and mobility then Brooks, if in an interior role where more strength is required then Race.

Lol at your strawman “worship” argument.

Which player would you rather have?

Player A:

Min/gm: 28.1
Pts/gm: 9.1
Reb/gm: 6.2
AST/gm: 1.4
Stl/gm: 1
Blk/gm: 1.3
FG%: 51.5%
3pt%: 20%
FT%: 61.4%

Player B:

Min/gm: 23.6
Pts/gm: 10.3
Reb/gm: 6.8
AST/gm: 1.6
Stl/gm: .6
Blk/gm: .8
FG%: 44.1%
3pt%: 21.4%
FT%: 79.5%

Using per-game stats to compare two players in different roles against different unequal talent is practically useless. Compare them per minute and per possession but still consider the role they had. Start with PER, per 40 numbers, and per possession efficiency. Factor in SOS, usage factor, and where they sat on the totem pole of opportunity .. ie role.

I think it comes down to whether or not you would trade Jerome Hunter for Keion Brooks.

I would make the trade in a heartbeat.
That's the way I'm hearing it.

KB will wait until the end of the semester to announce. Hunter is likely to leave, from what I hear. Situation is fluid, but if Brooks ends up here this will likely be the scenario.

PEEGS is the problem...he micro-manages everything and his mods reflect his overbearing viewpoints.
PEEGS has to toe the party line to keep his media credentials. Pretty simple to see based upon the way that he controls that board. I'm not a fan of that type of moderation, but the anarchy allowed here is not much better. The mods here are toothless and worthless dickbags.

PEEGS has to toe the party line to keep his media credentials. Pretty simple to see based upon the way that he controls that board. I'm not a fan of that type of moderation, but the anarchy allowed here is not much better. The mods here are toothless and worthless dickbags.
GFY

Back to Keion - I still don’t understand the infatuation with him. If he weren’t a 5* from the state, would people look at his game and say “gotta have him!”? He reminds me of Skai Labisserie who was a 5* supposed top recruit in his entire class who did didly squat at UK. Sure he was drafted high in the name of potential. If Brooks wanted to play at IU, he had an offer two years ago. If he were to land at IU now, it would be at the expense of someone who chose to come to IU originally and doubled down with a coaching change. I just don’t see Brooks as some sort of magic straw that stirs the IU drink.

Back to Keion - I still don’t understand the infatuation with him. If he weren’t a 5* from the state, would people look at his game and say “gotta have him!”? He reminds me of Skai Labisserie who was a 5* supposed top recruit in his entire class who did didly squat at UK. Sure he was drafted high in the name of potential. If Brooks wanted to play at IU, he had an offer two years ago. If he were to land at IU now, it would be at the expense of someone who chose to come to IU originally and doubled down with a coaching change. I just don’t see Brooks as some sort of magic straw that stirs the IU drink.
He’s an upgrade to Hunter and a lot of guys didn’t want to play for Archie, can’t necessarily fault them for that.

If we want to play in the big game, you take the upgrades if they’re available.

He’s an upgrade to Hunter and a lot of guys didn’t want to play for Archie, can’t necessarily fault them for that.

If we want to play in the big game, you take the upgrades if they’re available.

I guess I don’t see him as an upgrade - in fact I think Hunter, who played for Archie, probably is very happy with the opportunity under Woodson and his style, suggesting a higher upside, versus Brooks who was unable to “showcase” under Cal. Perhaps it’s just we don’t agree - that’s okay.

Post injury Hunter does not have as much upside as Keion Brooks Jr. I would love to have Keion Brooks Jr. at IU playing with his former AAU teammate TJD.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
all things being equal, Hunter is a better shooter.
and Brooks the better slasher ..

41% of his shots came at the basket, he hit 63% of them, 42% assisted but only had a 26% FT rate.

63% at the rim is exceptional for a wing. He also shot close to 80% at the line.

That shows a player very capable of slashing to the basket and one that finishes at a very high rate.

Does anyone at The Hoosier even have media credentials? The info furnished here is horrendous. The posters even worse. All posters do here is criticise other posters....

Brooks staying at Kentucky! Sorry for the idiots who thought he was transferring!

lol. That is a complete lie. Fatjohns gets a lot of shit completely wrong. When something happens he says “as expected “or we hinted strongly at. Just horse shit. Twitter is the best form of information and it isn’t close.

they also censor you to only say positive shit. Super annoying. Would much rather have to sift through ord and court teach each other how to count than read peoples censored takes.
Yeah, God Bless Tom Crean

but the content and quality of the articles and the opinions and info from knowledgable posters is awesome and well worth it to me. It does not exist on this board.
Premium Peegs is far better than here. This place is dominated by emotionally stunted "fans" and is infested with trolls. There are some posters that post good content, but mostly this board is for the entertainment of seeing a real world "Idiocracy." Peegs doesn't allow the idiots to be idiots so it's the place to go to see the good content without the distraction of weeding through the idiots being idiots.

Last edited:
I personally hate the spelling police...so lets call this a citizen's arrest. But if you are going to call another poster "dumb"....at least spell "here" correctly....rather than "hear".
Could be the punctuation police and say a comma & question mark should have been used. 😉😂

ADVERTISEMENT