ADVERTISEMENT

K Brooks- story not over yet??

I can’t imagine the shit I would have tweeted out at 17 if I was a local celebrity. That being said, I would pay 5k right now for him to be on the team and Rob to transfer. Hell market has been doing great this week, make it $7,500.
it was his dad who sent out the selfish comment. Get the facts right
Dude....you should delete this disgusting post.

Seriously, how much of an assh**e do you have to be to say something like this?
he's a Purdue fan

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
In my opinion...

Reasons to be excited if we get Brooks.
-his talent level, he’d be one of our more talented players overall.
-Post depth, he’s not technically a post player, but he’s long enough and athletic enough to guard and rebound with most college bigs.

Reasons to not really care if it doesn’t happen.
-I don’t think he’s any better than Race and/or Jerome. Maybe more talented, but he can’t shoot a lick. If Woodson wants a shooter at the 4 next to TJD, Hunter is a better option. If he wants someone to play more inside to free TJD up more, Race is better.
-He’s not a good shooter.
-There seems to be some questions on whether he brings baggage into the program or not. Might not be talented enough to risk that if so.

Without getting into who I’d like to see him replace on the roster. There are a few guys I’d say Brooks, when all factors are considered, would be a good upgrade overall. But there aren’t many. So I’m not worried, at all, if it doesn’t happen. We’re gonna be pretty good without him. And he’s not gonna make us final four good if he comes.

In my opinion...

Reasons to be excited if we get Brooks.
-his talent level, he’d be one of our more talented players overall.
-Post depth, he’s not technically a post player, but he’s long enough and athletic enough to guard and rebound with most college bigs.

Reasons to not really care if it doesn’t happen.
-I don’t think he’s any better than Race and/or Jerome. Maybe more talented, but he can’t shoot a lick. If Woodson wants a shooter at the 4 next to TJD, Hunter is a better option. If he wants someone to play more inside to free TJD up more, Race is better.
-He’s not a good shooter.
-There seems to be some questions on whether he brings baggage into the program or not. Might not be talented enough to risk that if so.

Without getting into who I’d like to see him replace on the roster. There are a few guys I’d say Brooks, when all factors are considered, would be a good upgrade overall. But there aren’t many. So I’m not worried, at all, if it doesn’t happen. We’re gonna be pretty good without him. And he’s not gonna make us final four good if he comes.
Jerome Hunter is a career 32% shooter from 3. It’s not like he’s some stud shooter. Brooks is better in every other aspect of the game.

No kidding.

Who gets so caught up in friggin’ sports that they lose all sense of humanity?!?

A kid — a GD kid, somebody’s son, somebody’s brother — dies....and people are making fun of it?!
well, I know someone who lost their sense for a bit. Read, and you may find it. I'm not gonna make fun of such a tragedy and was saying it's karma if the guy who did had one himself.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
well, I know someone who lost their sense for a bit. Read, and you may find it. I'm not gonna make fun of such a tragedy and was saying it's karma if the guy who did had one himself.
OK. I wouldn’t think you’d have done that.

I was just confused by your choice of words. Glad that’s cleared up.

Jerome Hunter is a career 32% shooter from 3. It’s not like he’s some stud shooter. Brooks is better in every other aspect of the game.
Hunter is a solid shooter. Enough of a threat that you have to guard him. Brooks you don’t have to guard out to the 3 point line. So again, if Woodson wants a 4 that can shoot, Hunter would play over him. If he doesn’t care about that. Then I would think he’d put him up against Race when deciding who plays more or less alongside TJD. And Race brings as much or more than Brooks to the table in many areas.

I think his biggest value to IU would be improving our 4-5 depth. Whether he’d end up starting or not.

Hunter is a solid shooter. Enough of a threat that you have to guard him. Brooks you don’t have to guard out to the 3 point line. So again, if Woodson wants a 4 that can shoot, Hunter would play over him. If he doesn’t care about that. Then I would think he’d put him up against Race when deciding who plays more or less alongside TJD. And Race brings as much or more than Brooks to the table in many areas.

I think his biggest value to IU would be improving our 4-5 depth. Whether he’d end up starting or not.
You still have to guard Brooks at the 3 pt line. I completely disagree that Race brings more to the table than Brooks. Brooks averaged more points and rebounds than Race while playing 5 less mpg.

IMO, Brooks would be the day 1 starter at the 4.
XJ
Bates
Stewart (or Kopp)
Brooks
TJD

OK. I wouldn’t think you’d have done that.

I was just confused by your choice of words. Glad that’s cleared up.
well, frankly, I think you were confused because you didn't go back and look at my post, in which I replied to the douche, I think you responded to cloverdale's post. These things happen on boards like this, and it apparently confused more than 1 person, but no, there is nothing cosmic or karma'd about a kid losing his life like that.

You still have to guard Brooks at the 3 pt line. I completely disagree that Race brings more to the table than Brooks. Brooks averaged more points and rebounds than Race while playing 5 less mpg.

XJ
Bates
Stewart (or Kopp)
Brooks
TJD
You really see Bates starting right off the bat? I would say Phin is more likely or possibly Stewart and Kopp at the wings rather than either/or

You really see Bates starting right off the bat? I would say Phin is more likely or possibly Stewart and Kopp at the wings rather than either/or
Yes. It’s all speculation until we hear how summer workouts are going, but he’s a top 30 recruit who is known for his shooting/scoring.

XJ
Bates
Stewart (or Kopp)
Brooks
TJD
You do? He shot 21% last year. I'm going to give him an extra foot or 2 and see if he can make 1 over me. Last year you were better off letting him shoot 3s... sound familiar?

sheesh, if the stoner gets it...
Offended..

Of course, he gets it, he's Shanti, not drunk.
You do? He shot 21% last year. I'm going to give him an extra foot or 2 and see if he can make 1 over me. Last year you were better off letting him shoot 3s... sound familiar?
Shooting stats don't always tell the story..

Example: Miller Kopp (shooter) vs Lander (air baller) both shot 30% in conference play last year. Yes Kopp had more attempts but his conference percentage doesn't show how gifted he is as a shooter. Eye test works better in some cases..

That being said Brooks needs to work on his mechanics, as does Lander. Kopp's though are pure. Brooks has good form when his elbow doesn't drift.

Yes, you still have to guard him. Again, Hunter is a career 32% shooter, so it’s statistically a bad shot for him as wel. The difference is that Keion can score in other ways and is a better rebounder.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Yes, you still have to guard him. Again, Hunter is a career 32% shooter, so it’s statistically a bad shot for him as wel. The difference is that Keion can score in other ways and is a better rebounder.
The difference is, Hunter doesn't do anything but shoot 3s... Brooks is more of a driver and scorer at his current percentages is a greater threat to get by you and is a better athlete. So, I'd stay close but give him an extra foot or two to protect for the drive and try and distract him with a hand up, talking, etc... But, I'd want to see him make 1 or 2 over me before I'm closing out hard and risk giving up the drive.

The difference is, Hunter doesn't do anything but shoot 3s... Brooks is more of a driver and scorer at his current percentages is a greater threat to get by you and is a better athlete. So, I'd stay close but give him an extra foot or two to protect for the drive and try and distract him with a hand up, talking, etc... But, I'd want to see him make 1 or 2 over me before I'm closing out hard and risk giving up the drive.
That’s kinda my point. Keion does far more and is harder to guard than Hunter. Would be a huge upgrade over Hunter and even an upgrade over Race.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Offended..

Of course, he gets it, he's Shanti, not drunk.

Shooting stats don't always tell the story..

Example: Miller Kopp (shooter) vs Lander (air baller) both shot 30% in conference play last year. Yes Kopp had more attempts but his conference percentage doesn't show how gifted he is as a shooter. Eye test works better in some cases..

That being said Brooks needs to work on his mechanics, as does Lander. Kopp's though are pure. Brooks has good form when his elbow doesn't drift.
Something last season seems to have gone wrong for Kopp, which I'm guessing is at the heart of the transfer. I agree, he's a good shooter and will be for us. Lander? His shot looked broken, as did his confidence.

Watching Lander shoot was truly painful with some of the bricks he layed, but they dont tell the whole story. he was often held holding the bag at the end of many expiring shot clocks and was heaving prayers hoping to just catch the rim.....which he did not. Even so, his numbers were dismal because he was the one holding the ball at those times. Some of that is his problem, and some of that is the offense. A new scheme will help him and his numbers will jump.

Something last season seems to have gone wrong for Kopp, which I'm guessing is at the heart of the transfer. I agree, he's a good shooter and will be for us. Lander? His shot looked broken, as did his confidence.

His dad had some quotes that made me feel better. Basically saying do you really think my son normally shoots airballs? Confidence completely gutted. Best possible situation for Lander is a new coach and new system. Thank god it wont be for LOU like would have happened if we retained Archie.

Reactions: 76-1
I doubt it's Rob who walks if Brooks jumps to IU.....more like Hunter or Galloway. We'd suddenly have a glut of wing players (with TG near or at the bottom of the depth chart). Hunter can't defend the wing and Galloway can't shoot from the wing...but Hunter's upside is still higher. Speculation is that Brooks is waiting for semester to end so he can vacate Lexington before entering portal, and if he does, he won't be in there long.
I thought ‘Creaning’ was a bad thing.

He (MK) was over 50 % at the halfway point, had a horrendous bad streak to end the season.

I can’t imagine the shit I would have tweeted out at 17 if I was a local celebrity. That being said, I would pay 5k right now for him to be on the team and Rob to transfer. Hell market has been doing great this week, make it $7,500.
100k shares at 0.01 of doge did me well last week

You need to banned, mods please take this trash out. I hope you are not a father, you do not sound like you would be a fit parent. Gosh, I hope you are a troll and not a real IU fan.
I think it’s dodaday alt. Account. or whatever it’s name is on GBI. It’s a terrible troll attempt and not as slick as “it” may think. Clever PUKe it is not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT