ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Morgan getting some PT today

I wish the military dna would have came out of Juwan. He was too nice to teammates IMO, and should have demanded more from them.

Yes, as a senior, far more responsible for that season and especially the swoon, than your pal Romeo.

Yes, as a senior, far more responsible for that season and especially the swoon, than your pal Romeo.

romeo didn’t love basketball. Juwan did. Far more disappointed in juwan. Romeo is a product of his environment and got told he was great by fanboys all his life. When he actually had to work to play basketball.... well we are at that point now, we both know how this story ends.

romeo didn’t love basketball. Juwan did. Far more disappointed in juwan. Romeo is a product of his environment and got told he was great by fanboys all his life. When he actually had to work to play basketball.... well we are at that point now, we both know how this story ends.

Ummm, Romeo has been pretty great. And that's where we disagree, I think Romeo has and does put the time in the gym and works hard, I just think he's shy and doesn't like the spotlight that has come with it. We'll see, I hope he does make it, but agree he seems too passive, as has about every Hoosier for the last 10 years or so to me.

Ummm, Romeo has been pretty great. And that's where we disagree, I think Romeo has and does put the time in the gym and works hard, I just think he's shy and doesn't like the spotlight that has come with it. We'll see, I hope he does make it, but agree he seems too passive, as has about every Hoosier for the last 10 years or so to me.

He loves the spotlight. No1 signs autographs after HS games and take pictures if you don’t like the spot light. He went out of his way to do that stupid shit.

He loves the spotlight. No1 signs autographs after HS games and take pictures if you don’t like the spot light. He went out of his way to do that stupid shit.

Again, this is where your bitterness towards Romeo takes over. I've never seen nor heard of anyone, who didn't think that was awesome that he did that for his community, and he did it every game, not just when there was media present. You're from IN and know the kind of celebrity and hero-worship that would go in to being Romeo, or Damon, or Steve, or Cody, or Yogi and that was very cool that he took the time to do that and you'd think so too if it was anyone else.

According to his teammates Juwan did a lot of things last night that did not show up in the stat sheet. One of my favorite Hoosier players ever.

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
Again, this is where your bitterness towards Romeo takes over. I've never seen nor heard of anyone, who didn't think that was awesome that he did that for his community, and he did it every game, not just when there was media present. You're from IN and know the kind of celebrity and hero-worship that would go in to being Romeo, or Damon, or Steve, or Cody, or Yogi and that was very cool that he took the time to do that and you'd think so too if it was anyone else.

I don’t know of anyone else who has ever done it. I would not think it is cool. It is a highschooler!!! That worship is obviously a real thing in Indiana, you’re right I do know that. But I still think it’s weird as hell. I would feel weird attending a Hs game. Maybe I’m still not old enough, and don’t have kids. I could get it if your kids went to the HS. Very odd in my mind.

I don’t know of anyone else who has ever done it. I would not think it is cool. It is a highschooler!!! That worship is obviously a real thing in Indiana, you’re right I do know that. But I still think it’s weird as hell. I would feel weird attending a Hs game. Maybe I’m still not old enough, and don’t have kids. I could get it if your kids went to the HS. Very odd in my mind.

It's weird on any adults part, unless they sincerely wanted it for their kids, but my understanding is that it was alot of or mostly kids, or kids and their parents. I'm sure plenty who hoped he'd be an NBA star and they'd have a valuable autograph, but again, that's on the folks willing to wait in line, not on Romeo. He didn't create that, except through the greatness of his play. It's nice that he acknowledged it within his community. I'm sure Cody, Damon and Steve could all relate coming from smaller towns as well. And my recollection at least of Cody and Damon is that they were pretty cool and approachable about it.

I find your obsession with Romeo to be a bit weird. Very odd in my mind.

I find your obsession with Romeo to be a bit weird. Very odd in my mind.

I don’t obsess about him, I promise. But I won’t hold back my opinion, or question others adoration for him when talking IU b-ball.

According to his teammates Juwan did a lot of things last night that did not show up in the stat sheet. One of my favorite Hoosier players ever.

I liked Juwan and thought he improved tremendously, and I guess you can't fault a guy for not leading if he doesn't have it in him, but damn I really wanted to see more fire out of him and for him to push his teammates to give more and play more unselfishly. He maybe improved as much as almost any player from freshman to a senior, but I really thought there was a lot more he could have done as a leader, especially with a new coach and system in place. Good player, but he wouldn't be in my top 20 players of my recollection.

I liked Juwan and thought he improved tremendously, and I guess you can't fault a guy for not leading if he doesn't have it in him, but damn I really wanted to see more fire out of him and for him to push his teammates to give more and play more unselfishly. He maybe improved as much as almost any player from freshman to a senior, but I really thought there was a lot more he could have done as a leader, especially with a new coach and system in place. Good player, but he wouldn't be in my top 20 players of my recollection.

Does Romeo make that top 20 player recollection?

Does Romeo make that top 20 player recollection?
Heck no. I wasn't in southern IN and never would have stood in line for a HS'ers autograph, but I do recognize the rep a kid like that can get within a community. And it's hard for early entry kids to get there, none that were 1 year players. Maybe Big Mac, might've but I was too young to remember him at IU. Several who would: Calbert, Steve, Vic, Isiah, Tolbert, Scott May, Woodson, Keith Smart (mostly on the strength of 1 shot, but what a shot!), D Garrett, Daryl Thomas, B Evans, Wittman, Benson, Quinn, Nover, Guyton, Coverdale, Cody... have to think on the last few.

add: A Henderson & J Jeffries and probably Jordan Hulls... puts me over 20 I think.

Last edited:
Heck no. I wasn't in southern IN and never would have stood in line for a HS'ers autograph, but I do recognize the rep a kid like that can get within a community. And it's hard for early entry kids to get there, none that were 1 year players. Maybe Big Mac, might've but I was too young to remember him at IU. Several who would: Calbert, Steve, Vic, Isiah, Tolbert, Scott May, Woodson, Keith Smart (mostly on the strength of 1 shot, but what a shot!), D Garrett, Daryl Thomas, B Evans, Wittman, Benson, Quinn, Nover, Guyton, Coverdale, Cody... have to think on the last few.
Thank god. You can throw yogi in there. And earl Calloway an all time fav of mine.

Thank god. You can throw yogi in there. And earl Calloway an all time fav of mine.

I did like Yogi, and he got a raw deal by being coached by CTC, but for all his abilities, he frustrated me, but he'd probably get 1 of my last couple spots or bump AJ.

Earl Calloway? Cmon. There have got to be personal stuff intertwined. So, we know Romeo boinked your gf or sister. I don't want to know what the story is with Earl. Nice player. Not in any other IU fan's top 100.

I did like Yogi, and he got a raw deal by being coached by CTC, but for all his abilities, he frustrated me, but he'd probably get 1 of my last couple spots or bump AJ.

Earl Calloway? Cmon. There have got to be personal stuff intertwined. So, we know Romeo boinked your gf or sister. I don't want to know what the story is with Earl. Nice player. Not in any other IU fan's top 100.

lol. I am from Bloomington, and graduated the same year as Suhr. He went to North I went to South, but a lot of our friends were intertwined. Anyways, he lived behind the north steak and shake, crimson crossing back in the day, with a bunch of guys he went to HS with. Another group of South guys lived about 5 doors down and there were always parties/gatherings over there. The basketball players were also over there a bunch, cuz shit all the local girls came over. Some hotties raised in Btown.... Glory days!!

Ok back on point, so overtime Earl and I started to become friends. He actually probably thought I was a moron, because I was drunk 95% of the time we interacted. But, was the politest, most respectable, guy I have ever met. I just grew a sort of respect and adoration for him as a person/player. He was what an IU basketball player should be in my mind and was one of the only people that ever lived up to my stupid standard in my head.

He was a pretty damn good player too, my man pearl had great handles and was a smooth passer. Could have shot it a bit better, but he was a distributor, and hell of a teammate. Top 5 hoosier in my book!!!

lol. I am from Bloomington, and graduated the same year as Suhr. He went to North I went to South, but a lot of our friends were intertwined. Anyways, he lived behind the north steak and shake, crimson crossing back in the day, with a bunch of guys he went to HS with. Another group of South guys lived about 5 doors down and there were always parties/gatherings over there. The basketball players were also over there a bunch, cuz shit all the local girls came over. Some hotties raised in Btown.... Glory days!!

Ok back on point, so overtime Earl and I started to become friends. He actually probably thought I was a moron, because I was drunk 95% of the time we interacted. But, was the politest, most respectable, guy I have ever met. I just grew a sort of respect and adoration for him as a person/player. He was what an IU basketball player should be in my mind and was one of the only people that ever lived up to my stupid standard in my head.

He was a pretty damn good player too, my man pearl had great handles and was a smooth passer. Could have shot it a bit better, but he was a distributor, and hell of a teammate. Top 5 hoosier in my book!!!

Well, you get to be the author of your story, but it would be panned if reviewed. And that might make Earl a top 20 person as a player... but still not as an IU player.

Well, you get to be the author of your story, but it would be panned if reviewed. And that might make Earl a top 20 person as a player... but still not as an IU player.

Put it this way...... Hands down better than Romeo as a hoosier :)

Juwan is a fighter ... quiet, disciplined, does what's necessary. Remember putting his shoulder back in place and coming back in the game? Add solid person, good student, willing to bang to get his job done. Juwan carried the team for a lot of games and wasn't the most talented, or biggest/fastest/best shot. I for one am glad to see him getting his shot and making the most of it. Even in this strange season ... from undrafted to starting in the playoffs ... to +17 ... worth celebrating! And, if you're trying to convince a recruit that you can prepare for next level, he's one to lift up Imo.

Reactions: Cavanagh and kkott
Juwan is a fighter ... quiet, disciplined, does what's necessary. Remember putting his shoulder back in place and coming back in the game? Add solid person, good student, willing to bang to get his job done. Juwan carried the team for a lot of games and wasn't the most talented, or biggest/fastest/best shot. I for one am glad to see him getting his shot and making the most of it. Even in this strange season ... from undrafted to starting in the playoffs ... to +17 ... worth celebrating! And, if you're trying to convince a recruit that you can prepare for next level, he's one to lift up Imo.

Let's not forget him playing injured so much of his freshman year and seemingly playing out of position every year with no whining or complaining.

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT