ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Smith transfer

Had Purdue made it one round further in B10 tourney than we had - they may have stole our bid.
Had 1 conference had a wild upset champion, they may have stole our bid.
There is nothing about being the 11 seed in the B10 that shouts ‘not close to the bubble’
Yeah and if the dog hadn’t stopped to take a shit, he would have caught the rabbit :rolleyes:

Quitting on his teammates after putting in 3 years in the program means it is all about him, and not about the team. IU moves on with younger, but more skillful basketball players.

So we should never sign any grad transfers then, since this mentality applies to all of them?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Justin won’t be able to make the G league. He is not a starting big ten player, for a good team that is.

I won a 100 dollar bet saying he would transfer this year, thought I was gonna lose that one, but the writing was in the wall for me. He doesn’t care about basketball. I am positive I cared more about IUs results last year than him. He didn’t hang out with teammates, his friends were other KSB students. He’s smart, opinionated, and a below average big ten basketball player with a massive lack of heart compared to other players in the B1G.

JSmith was ranked as the #22 returning B1G player. He would start for nearly all, if not all, B1G teams. Those that ripped on JS and those saying "no big loss" are just wrong.

2021 B1G Player Ranker V1
LAST UPDATED MAY 15, 2020

Be sure to follow along as the rankings can shift daily, especially given what’s transpiring on the transfer and NBA Draft fronts.

1. Luka Garza (Iowa) SR*
  2. Kaleb Wesson (Ohio State) SR*
  3. Xavier Tillman (Michigan State) SR*
  4. Ayo Dosunmu (Illinois) JR*
  5. Trayce Jackson-Davis (Indiana) SO
  6. Isaiah Livers (Michigan) SR*
  7. Kofi Cockburn (Illinois) SO*
  8. Joe Wieskamp (Iowa) JR
  9. Nate Ruevers (Wisconsin) SR
  10. Trevion Williams (Purdue) JR
  11. Marcus Carr (Minnesota)*
  12. Myreon Jones (Penn State) JR
  13. Aaron Henry (Michigan State) JR*
  14. CJ Fredrick (Iowa) SO
  15. Franz Wagner (Michigan) SO
  16. Geo Baker (Rutgers) SR
  17. Seth Towns (Ohio State) JR
  18. Micah Potter (Wisconsin) SR
  19. Ron Harper Jr. (Rutgers) JR
  20. Duane Washington (Ohio State) JR
  21. Miller Kopp (Northwestern) JR
  22. Justin Smith (Indiana) SR**************
  23. Joey Hauser (Michigan State) JR
  24. D’Mitrik Trice (Wisconsin) SR
  25. Eli Brooks (Michigan) SR
  26. CJ Walker (Ohio State) SR
  27. Eric Hunter Jr. (Purdue) JR
  28. Brad Davison (Wisconsin) SR
  29. Aaron Wiggins (Maryland) JR
  30. Aljami Durham (Indiana) SR
  31. Gabe Kalscheur (Minnesota) SR
  32. Sasha Stefanovic (Purdue) JR
  33. Jordan Bohannon (Iowa) SR
  34. Boo Buie (Northwestern) SO
  35. Myles Johnson (Rutgers) JR
  36. Connor McCaffery (Iowa) JR
  37. Darryl Morsell (Maryland) JR
  38. Justice Sueing (Ohio State) JR
  39. Aleem Ford (Wisconsin) JR
  40. EJ Liddell (Ohio State) SO
  41. Robert Phinisee (Indiana) JR
  42. Ryan Young (Northwestern) JR
  43. Kyle Young (Ohio State) SR
  44. Trent Frazier (Illinois) SR
  45. Eric Ayala (Maryland) JR

Last edited:
Reactions: birdforbogey
So we should never sign any grad transfers then, since this mentality applies to all of them?

IMO, never say never but it would be nice that in the near future IU will be a program that doesn't need to go the transfer route.

Stuff happens though and an unexpected departure or injury could create a need that might be addressed through a transfer.

Archie’s an asshole bc a player said all season he was transferring no matter what?! Smith can go **** himself. He was always a little whiny bitch. Average at best and poor attitude. You ever watch an interview of Smith? He’s likely transferring to Wabash if you know what I mean; my wife was the first to call that out. Bottom line...if he knows he’s leaving before season is over...Archie should have fn SAT HIS ASS ON THE BENCH ALL FN YEAR. Period. Was never a fan and now I feel better about why I wasn’t

What does "He's likely transferring to Wabash if you know what I mean", actually mean?
What did your wife "first call out"?

JSmith was ranked as the #22 returning B1G player. He would start for nearly all, if not all, B1G teams. Those that ripped on JS and those saying "no big loss" are just wrong.

Be sure to follow along as the rankings can shift daily, especially given what’s transpiring on the transfer and NBA Draft fronts.

1. Luka Garza (Iowa) SR*
This list is really really bad. Kyle Young, for OSU is almost the same player as Smith. young was hurt a lot this past season, but I would take him with 2 bad legs and the flu over smith. The difference in heart between those two is night and day. Anyone would take him over smith. The fact that A. Wiggins is behind him is laughable. Actually I’ll just name numbers that are way way better than smith:

every number except 38 39 and 42. Maybe you can argue Al? But If you said you only get one smith or Aljami I don’t hesitate, Al try’s so much harder. You aren’t taking rob over Smith??? This list is really really stupid to put smith @ 22. The most out of place person on the list.

What does "He's likely transferring to Wabash if you know what I mean", actually mean?
What did your wife "first call out"?

“Wabash College is a private, MEN’S liberal arts college in Crawfordsville, Indiana. Founded in 1832 by several Dartmouth College graduates and Midwestern leaders, it enrolls nearly 900 students.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabash_College

Not saying that I agree with his insinuation.

Last edited:
Had Purdue made it one round further in B10 tourney than we had - they may have stole our bid.
There is nothing about being the 11 seed in the B10 that shouts ‘not close to the bubble’

Had Purdue made a run in the BTT then the conference would have gotten 11 teams in.

We were in on the very safe side of the bubble.

Remember we had zero bad losses and I believe we had a larger than most number of very good wins.

We won on neutral courts and we won on the road.

Most had us as a 9/10 seed. We weren't sweating it, we were going to make the tournament.

This year my base expectation is to be a single digit seed.

Archie’s an asshole bc a player said all season he was transferring no matter what?! Smith can go **** himself. He was always a little whiny bitch. Average at best and poor attitude. You ever watch an interview of Smith? He’s likely transferring to Wabash if you know what I mean; my wife was the first to call that out. Bottom line...if he knows he’s leaving before season is over...Archie should have fn SAT HIS ASS ON THE BENCH ALL FN YEAR. Period. Was never a fan and now I feel better about why I wasn’t
It’s disturbing that an “adult” would be this angry with a 21 year old amateur athlete just because he decided that there is a better option out there for him to improve his athletic and academic careers. I mean really disturbing.

Reactions: hoosier48

just...no

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
It’s disturbing that an “adult” would be this angry with a 21 year old amateur athlete just because he decided that there is a better option out there for him to improve his athletic and academic careers. I mean really disturbing.

When is the new player announcing?

It's extremely rare, but I actually agree with you on this. It's ridiculous how some people take this as a personal slight.

Angry? Ha not at all old man. I actually kinda liked it. Now I was angry when u said Donovan was coming..then..ya know..you further supported that your full of shit

It's extremely rare, but I actually agree with you on this. It's ridiculous how some people take this as a personal slight.
What I found irritating is that he told teammates he was transferring before season was even over (if true). That’s someone who has quit and doesn’t have the mindset that I’d want as a teammate. If you and fbag don’t understand that, then that’s your problem

I bet he tries to get an Ivy League, Stanford type offer. I think he’s thinking next chapter which doesn’t include NBA. That ship has just about set sail.
Stanford or some other really good school, maybe, but it won't be Ivy League. They don't allow grad students to play. That's why there are so many out Ivy League transfers this year, including players like Seth Towns.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
JSmith was ranked as the #22 returning B1G player. He would start for nearly all, if not all, B1G teams. Those that ripped on JS and those saying "no big loss" are just wrong.rankingndo not make matchups. No Justin Smith would not start for most B1G teams, he has no offense, no.perimeter shooting ability

1. Luka Garza (Iowa) SR*

I have to disagree. Justin had no shooting ability. https://iufilmroom.com/uncategorize...-smith-and-the-hoosiers-can-be-better-for-it/

1. Luka Garza (Iowa) SR*

It's disturbing that I agree with you. I mean really disturbing.

Reactions: 82hoosier
What I found irritating is that he told teammates he was transferring before season was even over (if true). That’s someone who has quit and doesn’t have the mindset that I’d want as a teammate. If you and fbag don’t understand that, then that’s your problem
So you’re on here cursing out a young man you don’t know because of a rumor that you admit you don’t know is true or not?

So you’re on here cursing out a young man you don’t know because of a rumor that you admit you don’t know is true or not?
Cannot help but smile at the irony of you lecturing someone about being on here about a rumor they didn't know is true or not after you posted this:

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Reactions: MG80
Its seems that, last year, Justin smith may have been equivalent to a one year rent-a-player while he finished up his decree. It explains why some exchanges shown on TV between Archie and him seemed strained. At the time, I thought they were a bit odd, but in retrospect, it makes sense. The lack of enthusiasm he seemed to often display on the court also makes sense .

That said, we got value from him. He might have been a much better player if he had been committed to the program. He might have even developed an outside shot, but he still was second in scoring and, at times, played good defense. He's a smart kid, he used talent to get what he wanted. Can't blame him for that. All in all, it wasn't a bad deal for either party. Time for him to move on. Really don't care where he goes or how he does.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowling and IU73
Torn about it. On 1 hand you hate to lose a senior that has played as much as he has and been productive. Plus seems to be a very intelligent kid On the other there were times where he looked disengaged and kind of aloof. Anyone here know how he was regarded by his teammates?
I was told his teammates knew before the season started that he would not return for his senior season. There were some times that he seemed annoyed and where the camera caught him upset with others.

My guess is he was liked well enough but his leaving won't be an emotional loss to the team. We will miss his experience.

I am looking forward to more minutes for Race and see what Hunter and Geronimo can do. I would rather he stayed but not concerned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT