ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Smith signs with agent....

jimmygoiu

All-American
Sep 5, 2001
and going pro. I am sure that he will make $$playing basketball, probably overseas. IF JSmith stays at IU, IU is in the Dance and Archie is still our coach-food for thought. JS took way too much criticism on this board. Good Luck to him in the future..

and going pro. I am sure that he will make $$playing basketball, probably overseas. IF JSmith stays at IU, IU is in the Dance and Archie is still our coach-food for thought. JS took way too much criticism on this board. Good Luck to him in the future..
A fine player, but not a significant difference maker.

Reactions: ufo33 and Lucy01
I get what your thought process is and its entirely possible his defense could've impacted a couple close games. With that said, he fit well with the extreme up-tempo offense ran at Arkansas. Archie didn't run that style and it sort of went against the grain in comparison to what Justin exceled at. Lastly, the #1 killer of IU this year was the foul line. Justin shot 63% from the stripe this year. So IU would've improved but I can't necessarily say it would've been enough to have saved Archie.

I doubt Archie would not have suddenly figured out how to best utilize Smith; in fact I suspect Smith would have played less minutes in favor of Gslloway. Archie was simply a bad fit for IU and the players.

Good transition offense. Not good at shooting or playing hard all the time.

It appears to me Justin and his family are still a bit clueless as to his limitations. Lazy, not a high basketball IQ, and wayyyy too often really bad body language. Can’t imagine too many pro teams lining up to give him money.

It appears to me Justin and his family are still a bit clueless as to his limitations. Lazy, not a high basketball IQ, and wayyyy too often really bad body language. Can’t imagine too many pro teams lining up to give him money.
oh yeah for sure dude

I do not know about "too much". Not playing hard, practicing hard is likely my number one issue with any player.
I hope he makes some money and agree Europe seems more likely than here

I believe you are 100% correct, Justin would of made a huge difference in the team! People on here were way to hard on him, but it worked out for the best as it would of drug out the inevitable. BTW I am very happy with our hire and how we have so many basketball minds working to put IU back on top again.

They lined up to give Romeo money! Romeo is a dud…

🙄

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT