ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Smith is now a Razorback!

So you’re under the impression that you can’t act like an adult and also root for IU? That will hopefully change as you mature.
I just quoted what you posted. You said:

"IU and Purdue are both wonderful schools and great for the state. They actually complement each other very well. That said I’ll never root for their sports teams in anything no matter who they’re playing."

Seems pretty clear to me.

I just quoted what you posted. You said:

"IU and Purdue are both wonderful schools and great for the state. They actually complement each other very well. That said I’ll never root for their sports teams in anything no matter who they’re playing."

Seems pretty clear to me.
I’ll never root for Purdue. But I’m mature enough to say that they’re a great school and I have a lot of friends and family who went there and/or are fans of their sports teams. Grow up.

Disagree. He wouldn’t have played that much next season. He only played that much this past season because Hunter was still trying to regain his form after being out so long, Race was still developing, and we had no other options. IMHO he transferred because he was smelling a reduction in minutes and shots coming his way. Spinning this as some type of great loss to our team makes little sense.
You can’t see reality because you’re being blinded by the crimson glasses. Your loss.

I’ll never root for Purdue. But I’m mature enough to say that they’re a great school and I have a lot of friends and family who went there and/or are fans of their sports teams. Grow up.
Not what you said in your post. You clearly stated that you would not root for either school.
If that's not what you meant, you may want to stay after school with your 7th grade Language Arts teacher and work on your syntax...kiddo.

Reactions: mattn7
Not what you said in your post. You clearly stated that you would not root for either school.
If that's not what you meant, you may want to stay after school with your 7th grade Language Arts teacher and work on your syntax...kiddo.
The way I used their could actually mean either interpretation. Your arrogance is unfounded. Try again.

Go back and ask your 7th grade language arts teacher what she thinks about ambiguous sentence structure, kiddo.
Then get back to us.
You honestly don’t know that a word can have multiple meanings? I would’ve thought that would be taught before 7th grade.

You honestly don’t know that a word can have multiple meanings? I would’ve thought that would be taught before 7th grade.
Kiddo, you’re really slipping with your trolling efforts.

To be clear, you’re means YOU ARE. Don’t want you to be confused since you obviously struggle with sentence construction. :p

Reactions: hoosier48
We aren't talking about words, kiddo. We are talking about sentence structure. Good writers know how to avoid ambiguity. For someone who lives for posting on this board, you sure aren't very good at it.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Great adult response. Anyone who judges an entire school and hundreds of thousands of students, fans, and alumni negatively because they’re a sports rival is an immature child. And to throw out those kind of insults is beyond ignorant.

IU and Purdue are both wonderful schools and great for the state. They actually complement each other very well. That said I’ll never root for their sports teams in anything no matter who they’re playing.

Great adult response. Anyone who judges an entire school and hundreds of thousands of students, fans, and alumni negatively because they’re a sports rival is an immature child. And to throw out those kind of insults is beyond ignorant.

IU and Purdue are both wonderful schools and great for the state. They actually complement each other very well. That said I’ll never root for their sports teams in anything no matter who they’re playing.
I felt fpeaugh was responding to my post where I said I respect PU but will never cheer for there teams . I took it that he was agreeing with me. I know that some of you have issues with each other,but that’s not the way I took it . Just my view , but I really don’t have a dog in that fight.

A small forward who couldn’t shoot it or handle the ball on drives to the hoop and a poor finisher at the rim. Forgettable as a passer. He could defend at times but inconsistent effort and not
Much of a leader. I’ll go with a developing Hunter and Race T and some of the newbies.
We don't agree on his ability or talent. We do agree that Race and Jerome have potential.
Losing a Senior who started the last two years is a big deal to me. I think he will be missed.
Go Hoosiers!

I don't necessarily think he will, but that's a role he wanted and role I'm sure Musselman is willing to give Smith. Musselman as a former NBA coach plays an NBA style offfense (4-out/1-in) with some tempo.

And I suspect, ultimately, the feedback JS received from the NBA...he wants to go an have that role to boost his chances to play at the pro level. I hope he succeeds...but I haven't seen it from him.

His shot mechanics vary on every single stroke. He fades left, right or back on every jumper. It's simply not repeatable. (IMHO). I hope he sorts it out...

When is the new big news player showing up as you predicted? Or is this just another prediction gone sour for you?

Fpeaugh is an idiot but he's right here. Smith was not getting a reduction in minutes. Outside TJD, Smith was our most well-rounded player. That wasn't changing this year. Hunter has miles to go before he's even considered a reliable defender and Thompson is offensively challenged outside 5 feet from the basket. I'd love for both Hunter and Race to step up, and I think we'll see significant improvement, but doubt either of them give you what Smith was going to give you night in and night out on both ends of the floor. I'll be shocked if either of Race or Jerome average 11-12 ppg and 6 rpg next year. That's what you're getting with Smith. Smith didn't leave because he was being pushed out, he left to go play a more perimeter oriented role that he wasn't going to get in Archie's system.

right. smith was penciled in for 30 plus per game. Now, it’s possible that IU ends up being better, but what would that say about Miller? Either miller knows what he’s doing and we will miss Smith, or the average poster on here is smarter than our head coach,

either way, it does help us in the long run as now our Coach is forced to use those minutes and develop someone else.

Nope. Nobody missed that. It had been speculated about for a week or so on several sites. No inside info.

When is this new player coming you bragged about?
Justin announcing for the draft for a 2nd time should have been the writing on the wall for anyone paying attention. There had been strong speculation (which turned out to be true) that he had played his last game at Indiana.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
You should visit some time. Btown is a tremendous college town. Culturally rich and diverse. Broad range of dining options including many authentic ethic cuisines. Tremendous bar and live music scene. Theatre, arts, lecture series etc. Broad range of successful sports in state of the art facilities.

All wrapped around a world class university on one of the two or three most beautiful campuses in the country.

So yeah,,,he might miss that. Anything else dickhead?

I would argue against that and I live there and work there, and as the University is still a beautiful campus, Bloomington itself is far from the nice college town it was 30 years ago. It's congested and the city and University's policies regarding parking make it basically not worthwhile to experience much of what there is to do. Affordable housing is non-existent, construction of unaffordable housing continues like they're building the Winchester house, catering to foreign and East Coast non-resident $$$. The homeless problem is out of control, if you smoke and go out for dinner downtown, plan on bringing a bunch of $1's and an extra pack of cigarettes to dispense to the homeless. Then there are these f'n scooters left everywhere because the city can't control use of them. Downtown is just not a pleasant experience anymore. There are not many good restaurants at all left, maybe 2 or 3 downtown that are decent, but there is no fine dining period. Uptown and the Farm and Lenny's are not "great" restaurants ... they're OK, but the lack of city planning and congestion as far as traffic and parking have basically turned me off to the stress of going out for an OK meal.

I think if there is any silver lining in this pandemic, it might be that Btown gets purged of a bunch of shit restaurants and businesses and returns affordable housing that was gobbled up to profiteer for rental purposes for the last 30 years.

I would argue against that and I live there and work there, and as the University is still a beautiful campus, Bloomington itself is far from the nice college town it was 30 years ago. It's congested and the city and University's policies regarding parking make it basically not worthwhile to experience much of what there is to do. Affordable housing is non-existent, construction of unaffordable housing continues like they're building the Winchester house, catering to foreign and East Coast non-resident $$$. The homeless problem is out of control, if you smoke and go out for dinner downtown, plan on bringing a bunch of $1's and an extra pack of cigarettes to dispense to the homeless. Then there are these f'n scooters left everywhere because the city can't control use of them. Downtown is just not a pleasant experience anymore. There are not many good restaurants at all left, maybe 2 or 3 downtown that are decent, but there is no fine dining period. Uptown and the Farm and Lenny's are not "great" restaurants ... they're OK, but the lack of city planning and congestion as far as traffic and parking have basically turned me off to the stress of going out for an OK meal.

I think if there is any silver lining in this pandemic, it might be that Btown gets purged of a bunch of shit restaurants and businesses and returns affordable housing that was gobbled up to profiteer for rental purposes for the last 30 years.
One of the reasons I moved is the lack of opportunities for me. If you are ok with 50k a year jobs then stay. Housing is very expensive. The food in the area is still great but like you said hard to walk past the homeless.

One of the reasons I moved is the lack of opportunities for me. If you are ok with 50k a year jobs then stay. Housing is very expensive. The food in the area is still great but like you said hard to walk past the homeless.
You probably moved because your parents moved and 14 year olds can’t live on their own.

You probably moved because your parents moved and 14 year olds can’t live on their own.
THVGH-.gif

You really are a troll. I moved because my wife had (at the time) terminal illness. She beat the odds but the medical bills got to be to much. ( off 5 months caring for her with 2 young children) I had to travel for work and finally got a great opportunity in Kentucky that still facilitated me living in Indiana. So no I’m not 14. Haven’t lived in my parents house In 30 plus years. If you want to make a joke about people at least make it good.

My experiences and opinion vary greatly from this.

Yep, that about sums it up. I'm just trying to ride out the end of my career there and I make a far better salary than that, but nothing close to Indy equivalent. It's a different town now, sort of Indy, but with worse traffic, less pay, and less affordable, there's very little left of the small town with the good bball team I used to love

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
My experiences and opinion vary greatly from this.

I suppose if you already live in an area close to downtown, which would probably be unaffordable to most now and could walk there, it could be vastly more fun. What I see when we do venture out, is a lot of homeless, almost makes you feel guilty for eating out, and hell no, I'm not going to anytime soon or speaking of the present, but I can only imagine its become worse and more dangerous since last year.

I'd add to that, it just seems the city has their priorities ass backward, like yeah, we need a new convention center and parking garage to attract more downtown business to put our homeless problem on full display. Downtown has lost it's charm and even going to the frickin Farmer's Market means dealing with either neo-Nazi's or protests over them, it's just not that appealing. The city needs to do a much better job, they've basically transformed it to Carmel and sold out

Last edited:
You really are a troll. I moved because my wife had (at the time) terminal illness. She beat the odds but the medical bills got to be to much. ( off 5 months caring for her with 2 young children) I had to travel for work and finally got a great opportunity in Kentucky that still facilitated me living in Indiana. So no I’m not 14. Haven’t lived in my parents house In 30 plus years. If you want to make a joke about people at least make it good.
Congrats to you and your wife. I lost my wife early and raised my children from second grade forward. I backed my career down to get off the road to be a dad. Nobody can understand those types of decisions unless they have lived them.
Good luck to you and Go Hoosiers!

I suppose if you already live in an area close to downtown, which would probably be unaffordable to most now and could walk there, it could be vastly more fun. What I see when we do venture out, is a lot of homeless, almost makes you feel guilty for eating out, and hell no, I'm not going to anytime soon or speaking of the present, but I can only imagine its become worse and more dangerous since last year.

I'd add to that, it just seems the city has their priorities ass backward, like yeah, we need a new convention center and parking garage to attract more downtown business to put our homeless problem on full display. Downtown has lost it's charm and even going to the frickin Farmer's Market means dealing with either neo-Nazi's or protests over them, it's just not that appealing. The city needs to do a much better job, they've basically transformed it to Carmel and sold out

They cleaned up downtown from the homeless last year. Have you been down town in 2020? Hell even last fall? btown gave a bunch of homeless people apts on the south side. They now congregate by the main post office on walnut. Seminal park maybe.

Congrats to you and your wife. I lost my wife early and raised my children from second grade forward. I backed my career down to get off the road to be a dad. Nobody can understand those types of decisions unless they have lived them.
Good luck to you and Go Hoosiers!
Thank you. It’s tough. Sorry for your loss. You are so right. When those kinds of things happen, nobody really understands the drive it takes to keep it together. Thank god He gifted me with the switch to just turn it on.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
They cleaned up downtown from the homeless last year. Have you been down town in 2020? Hell even last fall? btown gave a bunch of homeless people apts on the south side. They now congregate by the main post office on walnut. Seminal park maybe.
Yes they did but they sneak back in.

Not even close to reality. We’ll be ok but it’s not a gain to lose a guy who would’ve played 25-30 mpg.
It absolutely is a win if any of the rest of the team can fill the void at SF and add more offense, and rebound, and not force low percentage shots. Plus if his attitude was not All- In at IU, then I am happy he moved on for Team Chemistry.

Hopefully they're not on our schedule.... I have these images of a career night for him against the Hoosiers..o_O

It absolutely is a win if any of the rest of the team can fill the void at SF and add more offense, and rebound, and not force low percentage shots. Plus if his attitude was not All- In at IU, then I am happy he moved on for Team Chemistry.
Many on here also thought it was a win when Yogi graduated and we got “pass first” PG Josh Newkirk. Point guards who score were deemed bad and we had this shiny new toy named Josh Newkirk coming in. These declarations happen every single offseason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT