ADVERTISEMENT

Just venting

Yes people are. And no it’s not just you.
Go Hoosiers!
Losing Penix is a big deal for sure. Having said that, we are sitting at 7-2 whether Penix is quarterbacking or Ramsey. Penix did not beat MSU, he wouldn't have made us a winner vs. OSU. We haven't lost to anybody else with Ramsey at the helm, nor would we have lost to anybody we beat when Penix played.

The assumption has to be then that Penix would beat PSU and/or Michigan (and Ramsey would not), or that Ramsey will not beat Purdue and Penix guarantees a win vs. the Boilers. I think all of those things are premature. Before we shit our pants, maybe we should just let things play out. Ramsey has performed well. If we can beat Nebraska and Maryland on the road with PR, we can damn sure beat Purdue with him. The other two games we are serious underdogs regardless of who is at quarterback.

For some perspective, we played at PSU one year with Danny Cameron at quarterback. I feel a hell of a lot better about this year with Ramsey.

People are just dumb or ignorant or just plain too stubborn to admit that PR performed every bit as well downfield as MP...I hope you dudes puke on your hatred...what would Red say...dumba**es...
What we're going to miss is MP starting the game then leaving in the first half due to an injury and PR has to come in and save the day.

Reactions: Lillyr66
People are just dumb or ignorant or just plain too stubborn to admit that PR performed every bit as well downfield as MP...I hope you dudes puke on your hatred...what would Red say...dumba**es...
What we're going to miss is MP starting the game then leaving in the first half due to an injury and PR has to come in and save the day.
Just when I thought you had seen the light... Let me state this clearly: NOBODY HATES RAMSEY. Peyton Manning being the best Colts quarterback since they moved to Indy doesn't mean you hate Andrew Luck. Common sense does not equal hate. I actually love and admire PR for staying. That doesn't mean for a second I think he is a better quarterback than Michael Penix.

EDIT: I don't think I have ever hated any player that played for Indiana. I hate what Tre did, but I don't hate Tre.

Is it just me or are there folks coming out of the woodwork who are absolutely clueless on this board?

Michael Penix going down is a very big deal.
Of course people are coming out of the woodwork--that's why I wanted "us" to be distinguishable from "them", as for Penix' loss being a very big deal, yes but our goals are still achievable. Ramsey has been sensational this year, & if he continues to be, this news today will be an afterthought a couple of months from now. Let's not underestimate Ramsey, as many of us have all season. He's been bailing Penix & the rest of the offense out for weeks now. More than that, let's not underestimate Deboer. We need to protect Ramsey at this point though. Shelving designed runs might behoove us.

Reactions: td75
Its not hatred its obvious.

First 4 drives in the NW game for Penix...FG, TD, punt, TD...First 4 drives when Ramsey comes in punt, punt, punt, TD.

Are you f*ckin blind?

Ramsey had played outstanding this season. Imo, the fact that he's shared the snaps with Penix instead of taking them all has kept him sharper. I worry the more he plays, he gets worn down and is not as productive. He's not particularly big either.

Reactions: 76-1
No one is blind but with 3 TD lead why would you put your other QB at risk with game over .NW couldn’t score 3 TDS if IU left the field.Still have 3 games left don’t remember anyone predicting 8-9-10-11 wins but that what this team has a chance to do relax enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Just when I thought we got a break by having a “bye” week to allow Penix to heal before our final segment of the schedule, he’s announced as done for the year. Damn, that Hoosier luck! The IU offense is much easier for teams to prepare against with only one style of QB to worry about facing.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Just when I thought we got a break by having a “bye” week to allow Penix to heal before our final segment of the schedule, he’s announced as done for the year. Damn, that Hoosier luck! The IU offense is much easier for teams to prepare against with only one style of QB to worry about facing.

Isn't this where the OC earns his money? Not that he hasn't already but when you have to scheme against a top team with one of your main weapons gone isn't that where the good OCs are separated from the great ones?

I have faith in DeBoer. A win may not be in the cards but I don't think the PSU DC is taking the day off!! :D

Tuttle 4 star QB waiting 2 weeks of reps hope we don’t need him but seems like better option than ever before.Of course would rather have Penix but the reality he can’t stay healthy next men up Ramsey,Tuttle.and Brown.

The Penn State defense will have to defend about 35 yards rather than 50 yards. Hoosiers lose by four touchdowns 38-10.
If you think we will lose by 4 TDs without Penix, then you must be thinking we lose by 3 TDs with him.

I love Penix, he absolutely brings a different dynamic to this offense. But Ramsey has been really really good this year, and there isn't a 3 or 4 TD difference between the two.

Tuttle 4 star QB waiting 2 weeks of reps hope we don’t need him but seems like better option than ever before.Of course would rather have Penix but the reality he can’t stay healthy next men up Ramsey,Tuttle.and Brown.
Maybe it’s just me but I’ve come to hate that phrase, “Next man up!”. Am I the only clown who still wants the man who just went down?

Is it just me or are there folks coming out of the woodwork who are absolutely clueless on this board?

Of course it's a big deal, and of course Penix is the superior talent, but Ramsey has played very well this season and the offense will be in capable hands for these last three. I think we still have an excellent chance of finishing 8-4 and, who knows, maybe we can steal one from UM in a few weeks. Go IU!!

You are blind one situation changed in the game went from trying to score as main goal to trying to keep the ball and kill the clock.
So in the 2nd and 3rd q we were trying to kill the clock? Horsesh!t

I swear some people will never get it. Its a stupid argument.

Maybe it’s just me but I’ve come to hate that phrase, “Next man up!”. Am I the only clown who still wants the man who just went down?
He's (Ramsey) an experienced Big Ten quarterback who has had some success. Things could be a lot worse.

I'm confused. Venting about what? Because more people are not as upset as you because Penix is out for the year? That's what you want? And we are all clueless because we have watched the games and see that Peyton has done a great job this year in relief and starting through all of Mike's injuries? I'm just baffled by this post, tbh, if that is the case.

The bottom line is Penix is done for the year and Ramsey is once again being trashed for not being Penix.
We will most likely not beat Penn St with either QB.
We can however still beat Michigan and PUke with Ramsey.
The kid has put his heart and soul in this university and didn’t bail when a lot of QB’s would have,including Penix most likely.
But by all means,let’s continue to trash him for his weak arm and inability to score on every possession.
I can think of at least half of the Big 10 schools that would be tickled to death to have him but yeah,he’s not good enough to play at a football powerhouse like IU.

Last edited:
The bottom line is Penix is done for the year and Ramsey is once again being trashed for not being Penix.
We will most likely not beat Penn St with either QB.
We can however still beat Michigan and PUke with Ramsey.
The kid has put his heart and soul in this university and didn’t bail when a lot of QB’s would have,including Penix most likely.
But by all means,let continue to trash him for his weak arm and inability to not score on every possession.
I can think of at least half of the Big 10 schools that would be tickled to death to have him but yeah,he’s not good enough to play at a football powerhouse like IU.
Look, Penix's injury is a major development so naturally it's going to generate a lot of conversation. Unfortunately, some people who follow IU football are idiots who don't realize how fortunate we are to have someone of Ramsey's caliber coming off the bench. There aren't too many teams that have backups who can step in and immediately play at a high level. It's one of the major reasons why we're 7-2. Go Ramsey! Go Hoosiers!!

Look, Penix's injury is a major development so naturally it's going to generate a lot of conversation. Unfortunately, some people who follow IU football are idiots who don't realize how fortunate we are to have someone of Ramsey's caliber coming off the bench. There aren't too many teams that have backups who can step in and immediately play at a high level. It's one of the major reasons why we're 7-2. Go Ramsey! Go Hoosiers!!
And on top of that, those idiots are calling the others clueless, because we do realize that. Smh, man, SMH......

So in the 2nd and 3rd q we were trying to kill the clock? Horsesh!t

I swear some people will never get it. Its a stupid argument.
Yes the first series in the first half Ramsey came in cold. Had been on the bench the whole half. But yes third and fourth quarter just trying to shorten the game.. yes still trying to score but more run plays called. Sorry you don’t understand that is the way it is done. Also do things to break tendencies. I am not going to argue that Penix is a special talent he is but Ramsey is damn good.

Yes the first series in the first half Ramsey came in cold. Had been on the bench the whole half. But yes third and fourth quarter just trying to shorten the game.. yes still trying to score but more run plays called. Sorry you don’t understand that is the way it is done. Also do things to break tendencies. I am not going to argue that Penix is a special talent he is but Ramsey is damn good.

In Ramsey's first series (last possession of the half) the goal was clearly -don't do anything stupid to give NW a chance to cut into the lead before halftime.

First possession of the 2nd half - 6 straight runs followed by a pass on 3rd and 4. 2nd possession of the half 4 runs, 1 pass and 1 sack - biggest problem was a false start and the sack (both OL mistakes, not an issue with Ramsey) which set up a 3rd and 18. IU was clearly trying to use up time and killed almost 7 minutes of clock in the process

Losing Penix is a big deal for sure. Having said that, we are sitting at 7-2 whether Penix is quarterbacking or Ramsey. Penix did not beat MSU, he wouldn't have made us a winner vs. OSU. We haven't lost to anybody else with Ramsey at the helm, nor would we have lost to anybody we beat when Penix played.

The assumption has to be then that Penix would beat PSU and/or Michigan (and Ramsey would not), or that Ramsey will not beat Purdue and Penix guarantees a win vs. the Boilers. I think all of those things are premature. Before we shit our pants, maybe we should just let things play out. Ramsey has performed well. If we can beat Nebraska and Maryland on the road with PR, we can damn sure beat Purdue with him. The other two games we are serious underdogs regardless of who is at quarterback.

For some perspective, we played at PSU one year with Danny Cameron at quarterback. I feel a hell of a lot better about this year with Ramsey.
You make good points about where we are at 7-2. We wouldn't be 7-2 without Ramsey's play at MD or Nebraska.

I do think Penix adds to our ability to score. That might be important in a game against UM. Hopefully it doesn't matter against purdue. Penix might have given us a better chance to win the MSU game on that day. Penix played well against a good defense. Our offense didn't lose that game for us. A better defensive performance would have allowed either QB to win.

The bigger issue for me isn't that Ramsey will start the next 4 games. The issue is that Tuttle has barely thrown a pass this year. When he has played, we have just handed off the ball. I'm sure he will be getting a lot of time during the bye week with the 1st team. Ramsey can use the rest and Tuttle needs the practice.

We have 7 wins so we know we have a bowl game to play. I want to get to the finish line as strong as possible.

Its like a sinner trying to justify himself. LMAO

The issue is that some are saying there’s no real difference between the two which is, well, idiotic. We’re fortunate to have an experienced back up in PR, but it’s silly to pretend there’s no difference.
That's dumb, saying it's idiotic. Look at the stats, they are strikingly similar. After all I have seen this year, I concur wholeheartedly with Coach Allen's assessment. I can see it was a very, very close call but Penix is the man. So, yes, I think Penix is the better option but only slightly. Hardly reason to act like the sky is falling, especially since we already have 7 wins -- thanks in a large part to Peyton. So again.....just SMH....

He's (Ramsey) an experienced Big Ten quarterback who has had some success. Things could be a lot worse.
True ‘dat, but one who won’t be as rested now come crunch time. Yeah, things can always be worse. Isn’t life strange...a turn of the page in a book with no name.

That's dumb, saying it's idiotic. Look at the stats, they are strikingly similar. After all I have seen this year, I concur wholeheartedly with Coach Allen's assessment. I can see it was a very, very close call but Penix is the man. So, yes, I think Penix is the better option but only slightly. Hardly reason to act like the sky is falling, especially since we already have 7 wins -- thanks in a large part to Peyton. So again.....just SMH....
I asked yesterday: Which one scares D coordinators more? Promise you the answer would be lopsided.

This thread needs more Whop.

Whop makes Ramsey better too.

The stars are aligning.

State Penn has to worry about losing Franklin and playing at Minneboata

If they dodge that bullet, we are a trap game before they play OSU for a shot at the Big Ten championship and National Championship

I'm confused. Venting about what? Because more people are not as upset as you because Penix is out for the year? That's what you want? And we are all clueless because we have watched the games and see that Peyton has done a great job this year in relief and starting through all of Mike's injuries? I'm just baffled by this post, tbh, if that is the case.
Something I learned in Zoology 101 while at IU is that one of the basic laws of nature is “Safety is found in numbers.” (Laws of Nature #26 if memory still serves me like she once did) Our QB number just got smaller so my optimism for optimum survival in the ranks of the dog/eat dog world of the Big Ten Conference has waned along with that number.

Something I learned in Zoology 101 while at IU is that one of the basic laws of nature is “Safety is found in numbers.” (Laws of Nature #26 if memory still serves me like she once did) Our QB number just got smaller so my optimism for optimum survival in the ranks of the dog/eat dog world of the Big Ten Conference has waned along with that number.
I can certainly understand that point. Instead of virtually having 2 starting QB's, we have one. We need the OL to protect Peyton these last 3 games.

If you think we will lose by 4 TDs without Penix, then you must be thinking we lose by 3 TDs with him.

I love Penix, he absolutely brings a different dynamic to this offense. But Ramsey has been really really good this year, and there isn't a 3 or 4 TD difference between the two.

This year PR has had the benefit of an opposition that has prepared for Penix. I was a bit distracted watching the NW game but at times PR did not step up in the pocket which has is often a precursor to him running the ball. I was wondering if he was a bit dinged.

Penn State's offense is going to be a hell of a lot better than any previous opponent not named Ohio State. This game will be a real longshot even with a healthy Peyton Ramsey. A win over the Nittany Lions might be the biggest win in program history.

Just when I thought you had seen the light... Let me state this clearly: NOBODY HATES RAMSEY. Peyton Manning being the best Colts quarterback since they moved to Indy doesn't mean you hate Andrew Luck. Common sense does not equal hate. I actually love and admire PR for staying. That doesn't mean for a second I think he is a better quarterback than Michael Penix.

EDIT: I don't think I have ever hated any player that played for Indiana. I hate what Tre did, but I don't hate Tre.
Oh really...what they hate is being wrong...vbg

This year PR has had the benefit of an opposition that has prepared for Penix. I was a bit distracted watching the NW game but at times PR did not step up in the pocket which has is often a precursor to him running the ball. I was wondering if he was a bit dinged.

Penn State's offense is going to be a hell of a lot better than any previous opponent not named Ohio State. This game will be a real longshot even with a healthy Peyton Ramsey. A win over the Nittany Lions might be the biggest win in program history.
You think opponents prepared for MP but not PR who ends up playing a whole lot? Absurd...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT