ADVERTISEMENT

Just heard on 107am in Indy

Yeah, you legally can't do this in 2016 without opening University up to lawsuits. I'm sure there's more.

Doyel harping on Wilson for trying to talk Diamont into coming back after having concussions was probably a clue.

So dad could have put his foot down and said my kid isn't coming back. I love how parents act like victims.

is this true?

Carl Hoffer‏@carljhoffer
@Mark_Schlabach @edsbs Zander Diamont just quit football citing health issues. This probably stems from that situation

Diamont is an arrogant, California, dickhead, that thought the world owed him something. No one at IU liked that kid. Not saying Wilson isn't guilty, but Diamont comes from exactly the kind of bitch ass family that would take down a coach if they were unhappy.

Diamont is an arrogant, California, dickhead, that thought the world owed him something. No one at IU liked that kid. Not saying Wilson isn't guilty, but Diamont comes from exactly the kind of bitch ass family that would take down a coach if they were unhappy.

What about the five other players? Where there is smoke there is fire. I give the administration a lot of credit for taking action.

The story says "A former player" said that he was rushed back from a concussion. Isn't Diamont still a current player until the bowl game?

Classy post, also in an interview with Osterman, Diamont said his comments about leaving due to concussions had nothing to do with this story. Also the name I heard was part of the story is Peyton Eckert a former o-lineman.

Reactions: brianiu
Zero chance Fleck comes to IU. He's going to get the ND or Oregon job.

What a disaster

I think Allen will be content with his current position. He has everyone but one starter coming back on the two-deep. He would be better off to take all of next season to re-evalute the long term. In the meantime he is in a situation to get a bump in salary right now. Anybody coming into IU would want to keep him as defensive coordinator.

Reactions: YOTHN
Players have to be released to play, do they not? I mean unless there was some collusion between Wilson and the doctors I just can't see this.

If it is because of rushing back from a concussion, that is on the university, not the coach. There should be a system in place for the health professionals to determine when the player can come back with the coach totally out of it. Hence the phrase "concussion protocol". Same goes with other injuries. Heck, our high school has this in place, surely IU does too. It must be something else.

Whoa "brah". If Diamont's goal was to bring someone down, he wouldn't have been making head first dives into oncoming PU traffic. I think he is merely being honest with himself. Unless one hears differently, I would calm down on all of that. I will say, Diamont is likely wishing he would've held out on making that statement until a later date. ha vbg

Local radio reporting its a player abuse issue. Rumors started yesterday in Btown...Im just sick...

Allen was a part of the staff that did this. They all have to go. Which sucks because this is the best staff IU football has probably ever assembled. Open it up, see what you can get.

Allen was a part of the staff that did this. They all have to go. Which sucks because this is the best staff IU football has probably ever assembled. Open it up, see what you can get.
It might be good to wait for some facts before making a statement like this.

I'm guessing a simple reprimand was out of the question?

In today's world? No way. If they'd have done that, they'd have opened themselves up to a lawsuit. And who knows how many former players might have joined in a class action?

IU has no choice here.

Glass says Wilson will be paid 542k for one year (will keep it even if he takes another job).

Glass in total lawyer mode here.

New contract for Allen is 6 years, $$ not worked out yet but will be competitive with Big Ten head coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT