ADVERTISEMENT

Just heard on 107am in Indy

Has to be something off the field. Beyond shocking considering back to back bowl games.

That's completely out of left field... have to think there's something happened that we don't know about (or Coach Wilson wants to move on?)

Has to be something off the field. Beyond shocking considering back to back bowl games.
With just signing him to a new 5 year deal it has to be something he did wrong and not on the lack of success on the field. Wonder if people were trying to get Allen to leave and they decided they wanted Allen more than Wilson.

JMV just said that he started hearing whispers this morning after a players only meeting. Hopefully someone will come along and let us know what's up!

With just signing him to a new 5 year deal it has to be something he did wrong and not on the lack of success on the field. Wonder if people were trying to get Allen to leave and they decided they wanted Allen more than Wilson.

Allen would be my first choice to take over for continuity, but we'll have to get details of what the heck is going on and if it impacts other staff members, or if it's just something like Wilson having a health scare suddenly.

Allen would be my first choice to take over for continuity, but we'll have to get details of what the heck is going on and if it impacts other staff members, or if it's just something like Wilson having a health scare suddenly.
If it was a health scare IU wouldn't be dismissing him but he would just resign.

Wonder how this is going to effect our recruits who are committed and our future recruiting. Also wonder how many current players will be leaving as well.

I'm hearing off the field issue. Must have been pretty bad.
83206ae67da70662c246b9cca0b92d2da77cae199a14e8d23e102739d5192b2e.jpg

Reactions: largemouth
Kevin Wilson knew how he wanted to run the ship. Bob Knight was the same way...........but had 3 national titles. I wonder if that is all it is or if it goes much deeper?

Former Indiana player told ESPN on Thursday that he & at least 5 other IU players interviewed about Wilson's treatment of players ?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/84/

ESPN said:
Mark Schlabach ESPN Senior Writer
Indiana University officials have fired football coach Kevin Wilson and will announce his dismissal at a Thursday news conference, according to the Indianapolis Star and other media outlets. A former Hoosiers player told ESPN on Thursday that he and at least five current IU players were interviewed about Wilson's treatment of players in meetings with athletics department officials and university lawyers during the past two weeks. The university sent out a news alert on Thursday saying there would be a major news announcement regarding its football program at a 6 p.m. news conference

Yeah, you legally can't do this in 2016 without opening University up to lawsuits. I'm sure there's more.

Doyel harping on Wilson for trying to talk Diamont into coming back after having concussions was probably a clue.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Has nothing to do with win/loss or health. This will send the recruiting back to the dark ages. I am concerned the administration intends to decline a bowl bid. This could not have been handled worse. Because of the bowl it will get a ton of attention if the team goes or if the admin keeps them home. It could not be more damaging to recruiting and public perception. Everyone should wait for the public statement I guess. There is no benefit in guessing.

back to the drawing board. again. IU is worthless anymore.

I'm with you there.

To be completely honest, it's probably because we didn't beat Purdue by enough points. I mean we all expect to beat them every year but in the end, only winning by one possession against them is quite the embarrassment. We should've seen this coming. vbg

Has nothing to do with win/loss or health. This will send the recruiting back to the dark ages. I am concerned the administration intends to decline a bowl bid. This could not have been handled worse. Because of the bowl it will get a ton of attention if the team goes or if the admin keeps them home. It could not be more damaging to recruiting and public perception. Everyone should wait for the public statement I guess. There is no benefit in guessing.

Media reports seem to indicate Allen is interim HC at least for the bowl game, so whatever sources in the AD the media have don't think they're going to decline a game.

Reactions: brianiu
As Yogi Berra said: Deja vu all over again.

Except this time there is a bowl game in the balance.

Sorry to hear this guys. I know Penn State and other fan bases respected what Wilson was building at IU. Hope you find someone who can keep your momentum going.

Start throwing out offers to whoever will take them.

Charlie Strong, Lane Kiffin, Les Miles, P.J. Fleck, Brian Kelly(assuming he's gone), Mark Helfrich, Tom ****ing Herman I don't care.

Who are we kidding Tom Allen is our man now.
PJ Fleck for HC and Lane Muffin for OC.

May as well have kept Bill Lynch

Could be an opportunity here if they make the right hire. Let's face it, we weren't setting the world on fire.

ADVERTISEMENT