ADVERTISEMENT

Just Got my tickets to the Outback Bowl

hometownfan

Freshman
Feb 3, 2004
If anybody has any idea about the hotel, where the IU folks are staying I would love to hear from you. After Jacksonville last year, Tampa is going to seem like Vegas. Go Hoosiers! We have to win this year to get the monkey off of our back.

Reactions: 76-1
If anybody has any idea about the hotel, where the IU folks are staying I would love to hear from you. After Jacksonville last year, Tampa is going to seem like Vegas. Go Hoosiers! We have to win this year to get the monkey off of our back.

I got mine too. I simply did a search of hotels closest to Raymond James because I wanted to walk to/from the game and enjoy some alcohol. Here is the link for Trip Advisor for those hotels. I'm sure there will be a team/fan hotel, etc... but I didn't miss that in Jacksonville last year. Love being closer to the stadium this year.

Reactions: hometownfan
I'm staying on the beach. Learned my lesson from Jacksonville.

Almost booked the Hilton near the airport. Their parking fee drove me away.

Got four. Staying at a family friend's place in Sand Key about an hour out.

Got mine too! Staying at our place in Cape Coral and driving up for the game. The good news is we won't see a sea of Orange like we did in Jacksonville last year. I thought I was at the wrong stadium when I drove up and saw so many TN fans. Live in Indy full now and season ticket holder - looking forward to some live football on Jan 2nd! Go Hoosiers!

Got mine too! Staying at our place in Cape Coral and driving up for the game. The good news is we won't see a sea of Orange like we did in Jacksonville last year. I thought I was at the wrong stadium when I drove up and saw so many TN fans. Live in Indy full now and season ticket holder - looking forward to some live football on Jan 2nd! Go Hoosiers!

lol that was a bunch of orange. We turned out much better than most expected however.

Got our tickets. So ready to welcome Hoosier Nation to Tampa for The Outback Bowl. For those who attended The Gator Bowl last year I think you will be very pleasantly surprised by the difference in venues. Raymond James Stadium is a major upgrade compared to TIAA stadium; there is also much more access to downtown from the stadium compared to last year. Not yet sure if they will allow tailgating but parking is much better too! I believe IU earned and deserved a NY6 bowl but this Hoosier grad couldn't be happier to have the opportunity too see IU (during the best season in decades) right in my own back yard. Welcome Hoosier Nation!!!

I think we got Residence Inn. Walking distance to Raymond James. Think I’m gonna like this a lot more than Gator Bowl.

Reactions: Lillyr66
I know I will if the outcome is different. Man, that one still stings.

Agreed, everyone in that stadium knew an onside kick was coming except for our coaching staff. Then having to hear that stupid Rockytop song the whole walk out. Still pi55es me off.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Agreed, everyone in that stadium knew an onside kick was coming except for our coaching staff. Then having to hear that stupid Rockytop song the whole walk out. Still pi55es me off.
It is kinda sad that there were so many of us knew that an onside kick was coming but yet those in the know or should have known didn’t have an inkling. I’ve walked away from many an IU game feeling sick about how we lost but not like that one. It still sucks today.

The bad memories of the onside kick are hard to take. A lot of negative press on that. This year the IU story is getting a lot of good press as a surprise team in a non big region. Time to win a bowl game and this is a nice one. Congrats to those who get to see it live. Travel safe and enjoy the turning point for IU football.

It is kinda sad that there were so many of us knew that an onside kick was coming but yet those in the know or should have known didn’t have an inkling. I’ve walked away from many an IU game feeling sick about how we lost but not like that one. It still sucks today.

40K orange people screaming their brains out while 20K crimson clad sat in stunned silence.

awful

Reactions: red hornet
40K orange people screaming their brains out while 20K crimson clad sat in stunned silence.
awful
We were all yelling but it didn’t do any good. We were stuck in the corner and I had to help break up a fight right behind me between two orange idiots and an IU fan. Security did come and hauled all three of their butts out.

We were all yelling but it didn’t do any good. We were stuck in the corner and I had to help break up a fight right behind me between two orange idiots and an IU fan. Security did come and hauled all three of their butts out.

Well I was in stunned drunken silence. The stadium isn't much but it is damned easy to get beer.

#5. Clean bathrooms.
#4. Many good seats.
#3. Easy parking.
#2. Nice Jumbotron.
And the winner at #1. Easy to get beer.

ADVERTISEMENT