ADVERTISEMENT

Just for fun

I don't know who "you guys" are, but I know that was a shitty post that should be beneath you.

I am always the designated driver. My golf buddies turned me on to four roses small batch select 104 proof bourbon. I may not be the designated driver any more. I am enjoying some with a little ice tonight.

I am always the designated driver. My golf buddies turned me on to four roses small batch select 104 proof bourbon. I may not be the designated driver any more. I am enjoying some with a little ice tonight.
A little old to be getting into the alcoholism game, isn't it? Leave that to those of us who spent a lifetime getting good at it.

It is ok to call Melania Trump a whore, you a racists and a fascists, and everyone “an idiot” but this cartoon goes way too far. Please clean up your act.
First of all, it's not okay to call Melania a whore, and it's not okay to indiscriminately call other posters racists and fascists. As far as I know, the only poster who has recently been accused of racism is Stelio, and that's because right this moment, he's in another thread being a racist. It's also impolite to call other posters idiots, which is a point I'm sure you bring up because if you do a search for the word "idiot" on this forum, most of the recent posts calling another post an idiot were posted by conservatives. My favorite was when Lucy posted, "You're an idiot, even worst than Goat!" I'm sure that's what you're talking about here, right?

Second of all, Stoll's offense wasn't the cartoon. It was calling out Zeke for no good reason out of nowhere. He's attacking another poster who isn't even here in the thread.

A little old to be getting into the alcoholism game, isn't it? Leave that to those of us who spent a lifetime getting good at it.

No alcoholic here but having a drink while reading the craziness on the cooler allows me not to take it serious.

Zeke loves poking fun at republican posters. Tell me you can’t see Zeke howling at the sky when Trump won? I know another person on here that was crying about 3:30 in the morning after the election

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
First of all, it's not okay to call Melania a whore, and it's not okay to indiscriminately call other posters racists and fascists. As far as I know, the only poster who has recently been accused of racism is Stelio, and that's because right this moment, he's in another thread being a racist. It's also impolite to call other posters idiots, which is a point I'm sure you bring up because if you do a search for the word "idiot" on this forum, most of the recent posts calling another post an idiot were posted by conservatives. My favorite was when Lucy posted, "You're an idiot, even worst than Goat!" I'm sure that's what you're talking about here, right?

Second of all, Stoll's offense wasn't the cartoon. It was calling out Zeke for no good reason out of nowhere. He's attacking another poster who isn't even here in the thread.

Zeke has me blocked so she will never know. Except when one of you guys tell her. She will unlock long enough to lob a bomb my way.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
No alcoholic here but having a drink while reading the craziness on the cooler allows me not to take it serious.

Zeke loves poking fun at republican posters. Tell me you can’t see Zeke howling at the sky when Trump won? I know another person on here that was crying about 3:30 in the morning after the election
I have no idea how Zeke responded. But I can't imagine her randomly out of nowhere saying in a thread that you're not even in, "Ha, see that crazy ass right there? I bet that's Stoll!"

That's why I said it should be beneath you. Disagree with other posters, fine. Point out when other posters are partisan hacks, great. I love doing that. Tell other posters when they are being shitheads, cool. I'm doing it right now. But simply insulting another poster out of the blue for no reason other than to be a petty jackass? That's not cool.

Enjoy the bourbon, though. As you may remember, I'm more of a rye guy, but I do admit Four Roses offers some quality products.

Isn’t it ironic that the poster you are defending is the poster that shouts racists more than anybody. And yes, if you search idiot, you will find my name several times, particularly in the last couple of days. I am quite sure I have never called anybody an idiot on this board. There are 2 posters, both far left, that routinely would say, “you are an idiot” and that be the entire post.

Isn’t it ironic that the poster you are defending is the poster that shouts racists more than anybody. And yes, if you search idiot, you will find my name several times, particularly in the last couple of days. I am quite sure I have never called anybody an idiot on this board. There are 2 posters, both far left, that routinely would say, “you are an idiot” and that be the entire post.
If they are posting in your imagination, maybe. If you actually search the forums, it's not very common, and all the recent examples were conservatives.

And, no, none of them were you. I must have done the search before you snapped.

I have no idea how Zeke responded. But I can't imagine her randomly out of nowhere saying in a thread that you're not even in, "Ha, see that crazy ass right there? I bet that's Stoll!"

That's why I said it should be beneath you. Disagree with other posters, fine. Point out when other posters are partisan hacks, great. I love doing that. Tell other posters when they are being shitheads, cool. I'm doing it right now. But simply insulting another poster out of the blue for no reason other than to be a petty jackass? That's not cool.

Enjoy the bourbon, though. As you may remember, I'm more of a rye guy, but I do admit Four Roses offers some quality products.

Believe it or not I always read and consider your posts whether your admonishing me or not.

I mentioned Zeke because I always wondered if she shrieked like this woman did when Trump won.

Believe it or not I always read and consider your posts whether your admonishing me or not.

I mentioned Zeke because I always wondered if she shrieked like this woman did when Trump won.
And I always read your posts, as well. I have blocked a number of posters as simply "Not worth my sanity," and you're not one of them, because I want to read what your write.

And I totally understood what you meant when you posted about Zeke. I totally understand that you associate her with Shrieking Liberal, or whatever that meme is called. I get that. I'm just saying it was a real dick move to say it out loud.

And I always read your posts, as well. I have blocked a number of posters as simply "Not worth my sanity," and you're not one of them, because I want to read what your write.

And I totally understood what you meant when you posted about Zeke. I totally understand that you associate her with Shrieking Liberal, or whatever that meme is called. I get that. I'm just saying it was a real dick move to say it out loud.

It’s fine calling me out when I am a dick. I wasn’t near the dick I am now when I started reading and posting on the Cooler. I became more and more of a dick when more and more guys who I won’t mention made it a habit of calling others idiots and implying they were racist just because they disagreed with posters.

Many of the worst offenders have some real issues.

It’s fine calling me out when I am a dick. I wasn’t near the dick I am now when I started reading and posting on the Cooler. I became more and more of a dick when more and more guys who I won’t mention made it a habit of calling others idiots and implying they were racist just because they disagreed with posters.

Many of the worst offenders have some real issues.
My experience has been the opposite. I've become less of a dick over the years. I cringe when I read some of my older posts.

I truly believe putting a select handful of people on ignore made me a better poster. I just didn't have the capacity to respond to those particular posters without making a flaming ass of myself, so I simply removed the temptation.

Reactions: stollcpa
It is ok to call Melania Trump a whore, you a racists and a fascists, and everyone “an idiot” but this cartoon goes way too far. Please clean up your act.

Is this another of those threads where all of those people on the left are being jerks so that those on the right can't elevate the conversation? I'm sure it must be since you insist that's what happens most of the time here. Is there a setting I need to adjust to stop all of those super classy, insightful posts from being hidden?

My experience has been the opposite. I've become less of a dick over the years. I cringe when I read some of my older posts.

I truly believe putting a select handful of people on ignore made me a better poster. I just didn't have the capacity to respond to those particular posters without making a flaming ass of myself, so I simply removed the temptation.

You definitely have gotten better as I’ve gotten worse. Maybe I will improve. The truth is it will be hard the next 2 1/2 months.

I do wish we had better choices. I asked my liberal attorney golf buddy today who he’d put out for the democrats. He thought for awhile and said Pete Buttigieg. But added he doesn’t think country ready for gay man.

I quickly picked Nikki Haley and John Kasich for the pubs.

You definitely have gotten better as I’ve gotten worse. Maybe I will improve. The truth is it will be hard the next 2 1/2 months.

I do wish we had better choices. I asked my liberal attorney golf buddy today who he’d put out for the democrats. He thought for awhile and said Pete Buttigieg. But added he doesn’t think country ready for gay man.

The vast majority of people I interact with on a day-to-day basis wanted Pete. It's not even close. I assume that's a good sign that the vast majority of people I interact with are not necessarily representative of the electorate as a whole.

The vast majority of people I interact with on a day-to-day basis wanted Pete. It's not even close. I assume that's a good sign that the vast majority of people I interact with are not necessarily representative of the electorate as a whole.

Smart guy. Better than Biden. The telling fact with my friend was how long it took to come up with a name.

Smart guy. Better than Biden. The telling fact with my friend was how long it took to come up with a name.
There were a lot to choose from.

My boss is a man who previously had some cautious praise for Trump. He's a very conservative person, personally speaking. Traditional Catholic, and all that. He has given up on Trump entirely (I'd be for him if he'd shut up and just sign things, is how he put it, roughly speaking). He desperately wanted Pete.

Again, accepting that I'm dealing with a very limited sample, that's an example of what we're talking about. This guy had no reason to like Pete based on demographics or identity, but he did. I don't know if Pete will ever be President, but I think he is the kind of politician that America is currently gravitating toward.

Biden won because, let's be honest, the black vote. If Democrats were all white, it would have been Bernie-Pete down to the wire. And I do think it's very important that the Democrats don't abandon the black community. But there are important constituencies on the left that are, to put it mildly, white as snow. And they have some pull in the party, too.

The hope is that, as Biden sees himself as a "bridge" candidate, he will help usher in a new era four years from know when all the disparate Democratic constituencies can find common ground. I'm not confident, but I'm hopeful.

Sorry, I know that was kind of rambling.

Last edited:
There were a lot to choose from.

My boss is a man who previously had some cautious praise from Trump. He's a very conservative person, personally speaking. Traditional Catholic, and all that. He has given up on Trump entirely (I'd be for him if he'd shut up and just sign things, is how he put it, roughly speaking). He desperately wanted Pete.

Again, accepting that I'm dealing with a very limited sample, that's an example of what we're talking about. This guy had no reason to like Pete based on demographics or identity, but he did. I don't know if Pete will ever be President, but I think he is the kind of politician that American is currently gravitating toward.

Biden won because, let's be honest, the black vote. If Democrats were all white, it would have been Bernie-Pete down to the wire. And I do think it's very important that the Democrats don't abandon the black community. But there are important constituencies on the left that are, to put it mildly, white as snow. And they have some pull in the party, too.

The hope is that, as Biden sees himself as a "bridge" candidate, he will help usher in a new era four years from know when all the disparate Democratic constituencies can find common ground. I'm not confident, but I'm hopeful.

Sorry, I know that was kind of rambling.

There were several candidates in the Democratic field that I felt could be terrific Presidents. It just so happens that Biden is the right guy for the moment. I'm likewise hopeful that he's a good bridge from the Boomers to the next generation of leaders.

Check your post on Feb 9 at 10:16 pm 2018.

I still find it amusing that for all of the supposed drinking of lib-tears, melting of snowflakes and the so called pussification of libs...Trump and the trumpicans can't stop whining and crying about how unfair everything is and how mean everyone is to them.

Oh and to reply to the OP.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411

My bar for changing from Trump was pretty low. There were three Democrats I would have voted for, and maybe some others depending on V.P. Strange that the Democratic ticket, from a field of around 30, turns out to be a candidate who never got out of low single digits the other times he ran and a V.P who didn’t leave the starting gate. The Biden/Harris ticket doesn’t meet the low bar I set for myself.

To be fair, there were three candidates in 2016 who I thought were the worst of the entire field. Our choice was between two of those 3.

My bar for changing from Trump was pretty low. There were three Democrats I would have voted for, and maybe some others depending on V.P. Strange that the Democratic ticket, from a field of around 30, turns out to be a candidate who never got out of low single digits the other times he ran and a V.P who didn’t leave the starting gate. The Biden/Harris ticket doesn’t meet the low bar I set for myself.

To be fair, there were three candidates in 2016 who I thought were the worst of the entire field. Our choice was between two of those 3.

It's interesting that you state that your bar for changing for Trump was pretty low, recognize that there was a field of around 30 candidates in the Democratic primary, and then procliam that you would have only voted for 3 of them. Seems like your bar for leaving Trump was actually set pretty high given that you'd only vote for 10% of a huge and very diverse Democratic field. Maybe you should have pushed for a better Republican candidate since it's obvious to all that you don't like Democrats.

it's obvious to all that you don't like Democrats.

Ha. I like them just fine. I’ve voted for several. I even liked them on this board. Then I said I voted for Trump. Every went into the shitter after that. That’s kinda liberating. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT