ADVERTISEMENT

Just because he deserves the credit for being the nice guy he is...

Pigalow

All-American
Nov 8, 2012
I ran into Will Sheehey at CVS on Kirkwood Monday afternoon(quite literally, & suddenly), & like a dork I just blurted out, "hey, you're Will Sheehey". He responded. "yes sir, it's nice to meet you". & shook my hand. Very genuine, & kind, with a smile, & I want people to know how kind he was. Also too, he's every bit of 6'6", possibly pushing 6'7". No exaggeration whatsoever as far as that goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott
I always thought he was a good player. At least you didn’t give him pointers on being a better shooter. We had some dude do that when ramel Bradley was there and he became an embarrassment as he bragged about doing it

I always thought he was a good player. At least you didn’t give him pointers on being a better shooter. We had some dude do that when ramel Bradley was there and he became an embarrassment as he bragged about doing it
Is Sheehey still living in Indiana?

I ran into Will Sheehey at CVS on Kirkwood Monday afternoon(quite literally, & suddenly), & like a dork I just blurted out, "hey, you're Will Sheehey". He responded. "yes sir, it's nice to meet you". & shook my hand. Very genuine, & kind, with a smile, & I want people to know that. Also too, he's every bit of 6'6", possibly pushing 6'7". No exaggeration whatsoever as far as that goes.

I ran into him during the Christmas holiday of his senior year...it was at an Asian market on the East side.

He was very nice. All yes sir and no sir and thank you...

Good kid.

Reactions: Pigalow

That's probably the least embarrassing, embarrassing thing I've ever heard of a UK fan doing. But you're right, it's embarrassing.

I ran into Will Sheehey at CVS on Kirkwood Monday afternoon(quite literally, & suddenly), & like a dork I just blurted out, "hey, you're Will Sheehey". He responded. "yes sir, it's nice to meet you". & shook my hand. Very genuine, & kind, with a smile, & I want people to know that. Also too, he's every bit of 6'6", possibly pushing 6'7". No exaggeration whatsoever as far as that goes.
My son knew him through a common friend. Will would stop by this friends apartment regularly and my son got to know him very well. One time he stopped after a game he didn't play well in and he was pissed off and talking about transferring.

I saw Charlie Miller in a Marshall's in Evansville shortly after he graduated. I went to the t-shirt section while my wife looked around. Charlie was doing the same thing while his girlfriend shopped. We talked about what he was doing and how he ended up in Evansville. Great kid and friendly. I have run into several players like that. They have all been friendly and not annoyed to talk about IU basketball or what they were doing.

My son knew him through a common friend. Will would stop by this friends apartment regularly and my son got to know him very well. One time he stopped after a game he didn't play well in and he was pissed off and talking about transferring.

I saw Charlie Miller in a Marshall's in Evansville shortly after he graduated. I went to the t-shirt section while my wife looked around. Charlie was doing the same thing while his girlfriend shopped. We talked about what he was doing and how he ended up in Evansville. Great kid and friendly. I have run into several players like that. They have all been friendly and not annoyed to talk about IU basketball or what they were doing.
Funny thing is, a couple of times ago(trips to B'town)I saw Jordan Hulls at Runcible Spoon. That was in July too, after he graduated, so, obviously, like me, they love to go back to Bloomington.

Funny thing is, a couple of times ago(trips to B'town)I saw Jordan Hulls at Runcible Spoon. That was in July too, after he graduated, so, obviously, like me, they love to go back to Bloomington.
Jordan married a girl my son went to high school with and used to go to parties with. She was a nice girl. I thought it was cool that she net Jordan and two people my daughter went to high school with dated Oladipo. The basketball team loved Harrison High!

Is Sheehey still living in Indiana?
If I'm not mistaken, he and Hulls will be teammates in Germany starting next year and they've spent some time in town this offseason working out together.

And last I heard Hulls has basically always stayed in Bloomington during the summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT