ADVERTISEMENT

Just Back From The Emergency Room

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
Napped through most of my Emergency Room visit (the near alcohol poisoning kept me drowsy)...

Wife dropped me off there after my 2nd jump attempt...

First time I was sort of lazy and just went out the second floor window, only succeeding in severely spraining an ankle and a wrist...; the 2nd time I climbed up my 10/12 pitch roof ☠️only to lose friction about 4 feet from the top, face planting and then sliding to the guttering, grabbing it and tearing it partially away from the fascia while slamming against the brick and then doing a quarter flip to landing flat on my back in wet (fortunately) grass...

The Emergency Room waiting area was interesting... It was completely full and nearly everyone there was male and decked out in IU collectible jerseys... 🙁

The common preface to most of the answers to the question (What happened to you?) began with: "Right after Penix's second interception...." 😖

At any rate, having sobered up a bit (haven't started on the pain killers yet) and after having gotten a good look at what's left of a twelve foot section of my guttering...; I'm beginning to come to grips with the concept that perhaps being "totally invested" as a fan may have a some major drawbacks and unintended consequences...
🙄🍺

The good news is: The sun Did come up today and, hopefully, all of us survived our viewing experience... 🙈😎

Napped through most of my Emergency Room visit (the near alcohol poisoning kept me drowsy)...

First time I was sort of lazy and just went out the second floor window, only succeeding in severely spraining an ankle and a wrist...; the 2nd time I climbed up my 10/12 pitch roof ☠️only to lose friction about 4 feet from the top, face planting and then sliding to the guttering, grabbing it and tearing it partially away from the fascia while slamming against the brick and then doing a quarter flip to landing flat on my back in wet (fortunately) grass...

The Emergency Room waiting area was interesting... It was completely full and nearly everyone there was male and decked out in IU collectible jerseys... 🙁

The common preface to most of the answers to the question (What happened to you?) began with: "Right after Penix's second interception...." 😖

At any rate, having sobered up a bit (haven't started on the pain killers yet) and after having gotten a good look at what's left of a twelve foot section of my guttering...; I'm beginning to come to grips with the concept that perhaps being "totally invested" as a fan may have a some major drawbacks and unintended consequences...
🙄🍺

The good news is: The sun Did come up today and, hopefully, all of us survived our viewing experience... 🙈😎
Forgot to add that most of my fellow patients ended their respective stories of woe with: "I'd like to get my hands on that guy who picked us to win by 60..."

Never have I more greatly appreciated the wisdom of remaining anonymous on a sports forum than last night 😳☠️🙉🙈🙊😉

///by the way, all of the above is just a Bad Joke, much like our Offense was yesterday ///😞

🙄🍺

Yeah, but you wrote it well and funny enough to make it LOL and shareable. :) We've all been there. Welcome to the Fandom!

If you were really good at this your Wife would have done more. Here is an example of a real/ hypo from Law School. Husband sits down on toilet for morning constitutional and lights cigarette. 5 minutes prior his Wife sprayed the remaining contents of Her aerosol Hair Spray Can into Toilet. When finished with Cigarette, Man drops it in the Toilet to put it out igniting it with the Hair Spray. Toilet blows up as do several parts of Man's Anatomy. EMS shows up and puts Man on Stretcher to remove from Home to Hospital. As they are carrying Him out on the Stretcher, they are informed of the specifics of the incident. They begin laughing so hard that they drop the patient off the Stretcher into the Shrubbery and Rose Bushes on the side of the front porch where He breaks both Arms.

LEGAL QUESTION: What is the proximate cause of His injuries, and What Party or Parties should be responsible to pay or reimburse Him for his Medical and related Costs?

The Lesson: It could be worse.

Last edited:
If you were really good at this your Wife would have done more. Here is an example of a real/ hypo
Well..., I didn't want to mention it but I have a very vague recollection of her helping me set up the ladder to get up on the roof...🤔

I'm sure she was just trying to be helpful... 😳🙉🙈🙊

😉

🙄🍺

I'm stunned. It's as if they've forgotten how to play football the past two contests. It has much more to do with what IU is not doing as opposed to what the opponent is doing. They would have struggled to beat most D2 programs.

I'm stunned. It's as if they've forgotten how to play football the past two contests. It has much more to do with what IU is not doing as opposed to what the opponent is doing. They would have struggled to beat most D2 programs.
I rationalized our offensive Bowl game problems to COVID19 conditioning (or lack of) but if Iowa was any real indication then I'm beginning to question our leadership on the Offensive side from the Coordinator all the way down to the 5th teamers...

Like I typed earlier, that was one of the worst offensive performances I've seen in years..., and it wasn't all just Iowa ; we were clearly unprepared...

There is an opportunity here though for Real leaders to step up... Guess we'll find out if we've got any on that side of the ball...

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT