ADVERTISEMENT

Jovan Swann ?

kpbucks4454

Junior
Sep 8, 2004
does anyone know where we stand with Dt jovan Swann? Looked as though we ha a shot at
Him . He’s in the transfer portal from Stanford. We recruited him out of high school. Looks like he could help bolster our DL. Any news?

This will be a great get if IU can get him. All indications are good kid, good student, good player. I recall being bummed when he signed with Stanford his senior year.

Saw a story around Christmas that due to very difficult grad programs to gain entry to, Stanford will be hit hard by grad transfers out. They had 20+ in the portal, either grad or regular transfers at the time the article was written.

This will be a great get if IU can get him. All indications are good kid, good student, good player. I recall being bummed when he signed with Stanford his senior year.

Saw a story around Christmas that due to very difficult grad programs to gain entry to, Stanford will be hit hard by grad transfers out. They had 20+ in the portal, either grad or regular transfers at the time the article was written.

Do you know if it is true that IU has high standards for grad transfers (as I have read on here) and this is the reason that there are not many grad transfers coming to IU?

Considering that recruiting is suspended indefinitely, there won’t be travels or visits. Everything will have to be done through phone or texts. I don’t think anybody is going on to any campus to check out the facilities.

That said, I expect Swann to join in May.

From what I have been able to learn we were almost a slam-dunk after Powell committed but he has since decided to look at another school or two. It still sounds like we are the school to beat.
Probably decided after the S&C change and wanting to see who is the replacement.

ADVERTISEMENT