ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Smith shot at Woody

Cavanagh.13

Senior
Nov 6, 2019
No idea how Woody made it into a Doc Rivers rant? Anybody shed some light on this “Mike Woodson is trash too”. Lol very random

Not that I care even a bit what Josh Smith has to say about....well....anything. But I guess it is worth pointing out that Coach Woodson paid Smith a compliment just after he was hired:

Q: Describe the adjustment coaching college kids versus pros.
A: The one experience that I did have was when I coached the Atlanta Hawks. I started out my first year with basically a high school player, Josh Smith, who became a helluva player in our league, and a bunch of 19-, 20-, 21-year-old young men that had to learn the NBA game.

Wasn't it Josh Smith who committed to IU, only to enter the draft....and then Mike Davis said something about "He'll always be part of the Indiana family"?

Maybe I'm confusing him with somebody else.
I don't think Davis said that. Maybe I'm the one that's wrong though.

• Wow
Reactions: jimmygoiu
I don't think Davis said that. Maybe I'm the one that's wrong though.
Well I had the player right. I just had the quote misattributed.

In my mind, I'd always put those words in Mike Davis' mouth -- probably because it's the kind of thing I would imagine him saying about a recruit who committed to him, but spurned him for the pros. And maybe that's what the old Peegs poster was thinking when he posted it.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I don't tweet but throw him a tweet and see if he responds. He's obviously got time on his hands. My guess is whatever the reason, it's not anything to be concerned about.
He is getting tweeted at more than at any point in his life I’m guessing right now lol. Begging for attention with that rant. But he got me curious with the woody hate, I thought he liked him.

Well I had the player right. I just had the quote misattributed.

In my mind, I'd always put those words in Mike Davis' mouth -- probably because it's the kind of thing I would imagine him saying about a recruit who committed to him, but spurned him for the pros. And maybe that's what the old Peegs poster was thinking when he posted it.
mike davis did say it, the quote was he will always be part of the iu family, after he decided to turn pro

I just don't remember that. Dumb thing for davis to say.
Same here. However, I admittedly started tuning MD out after a weekly radio show where he admitted there were guys who worked harder than others, but he couldn't sit a starter on scholarship for someone else, regardless of how they practiced. Wright was the scholarship player in question.

lol Josh is something special for sure, but has to be a reason for that shot. I want to know what that is!
He is getting tweeted at more than at any point in his life I’m guessing right now lol. Begging for attention with that rant. But he got me curious with the woody hate, I thought he liked him.
If you google both names you'll see they had a poor relationship and I think it ultimately led to JS's departure from ATL and probably played into MW's departure as well. Sounded like a toxic environment between player(s), coaches and management.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
If you google both names you'll see they had a poor relationship and I think it ultimately led to JS's departure from ATL and probably played into MW's departure as well. Sounded like a toxic environment between player(s), coaches and management.
I cant see how anyone could not get along with josh smith sounds like a well spoken young man of high character, you can see by watching the video that education is a waste for these gifted athletes.

I cant see how anyone could not get along with josh smith sounds like a well spoken young man of high character, you can see by watching the video that education is a waste for these gifted athletes.

Sounds like a garden-variety crackhead. Appears the only noun he knows is 'niggah' and the only verb is '****in' - take those two words away and he'd be halfway to speechless. Amen.

When JS declared for the pros, IU (SID) sent out a quote from Mike Davis that "he will always be part of the IU family". JSmith never visited IU, and committed apparently with no intention of coming to IU. It hurt IU because he had taken up a scholarship and was a needed 3/4 player. Richard Rothbart was also a commitment no show, so our inside roster was really impacted for the future.

It's called make the hillbillies nervous... and the pendant annoyed.
Dumb.

America in 2021, different rules for different demographics.

Bringing Doc's marriage into it makes him look like a complete scumbag.

EDIT- I never gave 2 shites about Josh Smith, but after seeing this video, I'm damn glad he never wore an IU uniform.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT