ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Penn gone/signed with Indy 11

can't blame him. college soccer is already light on development and now to have it postponed. i suspect a fair number of kids who believe they have pro potential around the country will bolt.
College baseball once suffered from the same "light development" reputation and appears to have slowly shed that over the past few decades. I wonder if there is hope for college soccer to do the same?

The 2 semester season was an idea to help shed that reputation. Of course it was tabled when COVID hit.

From IUs perspective, forward is probably their deepest position, so they'll still be strong up top: Bezerra, Endeley, Goumballe, Warr, Ian Black... Of course this assumes we'll have soccer in the spring.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
College baseball once suffered from the same "light development" reputation and appears to have slowly shed that over the past few decades. I wonder if there is hope for college soccer to do the same?
i think like geddy said below playing over two semesters will help. there's so much change taking place right now in american soccer that it's hard to predict what the next decade will look like and how the mls academies will impact d1 soccer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT