ADVERTISEMENT

Johns Hopkins Researcher Confirms a HillzHoozier Hypothesis

GFY. The link from the op did what I said it did. The response from JH after they retracted the article also likely did what I said it did, for those very reasons. Go piss up a rope.
Someone sure gets triggered when exposed.

Admit it...you really thought you had an "In your face/pwn the libs/drop the mic!" moment that would make your hero proud. While you are correct that no one used the term "unassailable", I once again direct you to the title of this thread.
Now, the source material (JH, which earlier had "confirmed your hypothesis"), has changed its tune, and we are all to take what they say with a grain of salt?
Talk about leading with your chin.
Please continue with your hissy fit, and I'll continue to laugh at you.

A 99 year old friend of mine died in September. He was in very poor health and his life expectancy was probably measured in months if not weeks before Covid. He died of pneumonia caused by the Covid virus. People in his condition usualy die of pneumonia regardless Covid. Yet his death is listed as a Covid death. While Covid was a "cause" of death, it shouldn't be included in the pandemic data; yet it is. I'm guessing there are thousands of similar cases.

My wife’s 99 year old grandmother in the nursing home died of the exact same scenario.

Someone sure gets triggered when exposed.

Admit it...you really thought you had an "In your face/pwn the libs/drop the mic!" moment that would make your hero proud. While you are correct that no one used the term "unassailable", I once again direct you to the title of this thread.
Now, the source material (JH, which earlier had "confirmed your hypothesis"), has changed its tune, and we are all to take what they say with a grain of salt?
Talk about leading with your chin.
Please continue with your hissy fit, and I'll continue to laugh at you.
Enjoy another holiday alone in your apartment, and I'll continue to laugh at you. 😉

Your next lame quip will also be your next lame quip, so..

tenor.gif

Objective
To investigate the influence of DNR status on mortality of hospital inpatients who died of COVID-19.
Design
This is a retrospective, observational cohort study of all patients admitted to two New Jersey hospitals between March 15 and May 15, 2020 who had, or developed, COVID-19 (1270 patients). Of these, 640 patients died (570 (89.1 percent) with and 70 (10.9 percent) without a DNR order at the time of admission) and 630 survived (180 (28.6 percent) with and 450 (71.4 percent) without a DNR order when admitted). Among the 120 patients without COVID-19 who died during this interval, 110 (91.7 percent) had a DNR order when admitted.
Results
Deceased positive SARS-CoV-2 patients were significantly more likely to have a DNR order on admission compared to recovered positive SARS-COV-2 patients (p < 0.05), similar to those who tested negative for SARS-COV-2. COVID-19 DNR patients had a higher mortality compared to COVID-19 non-DNR patients (log rank p < 0.001). DNR patients had a significantly increased hazard ratio of dying (HR 2.2 [1.5-3.2], p <0.001) compared to non-DNR patients, a finding that remained significant in the multivariate model.
Conclusion
The risk of death from COVID-19 was significantly influenced by the patients’ DNR status.

Oh one more thing stupid. Kirkland Ellis, the largest firm in the world, handles personal injury, mass torts, product liability, like all big firms. But you wouldn’t know that with your Bach degree.

Yeah, well, I did pretty well with my bachelors degree, so I’m not sweating it.

Oh one more thing stupid. Kirkland Ellis, the largest firm in the world, handles personal injury, mass torts, product liability, like all big firms. But you wouldn’t know that with your Bach degree.

It's interesting to me how much legal quality varies between firms.

Yeah, well I’m sitting on the beach in Mexico waiting to go to a mezcal tasting. What are you doing?

I guess I should have wasted x number of years of my life so I could find the nearest car accident to pass out my business card.

You do you, though.

Yeah, well I’m sitting on the beach in Mexico waiting to go to a mezcal tasting. What are you doing?

I guess I should have wasted x number of years of my life so I could find the nearest car accident to pass out my business card.

You do you, though.
Lol hanging out with my family. It’s a holiday weekend. I’ll pass on your sad swingers weekend, but I can assure you I’ve spent far more time on beaches than you. As for wasting your life you retired at 47. What a dumb sloth you are.

Nah. But, McMurtry could be into something more like this, where no one can really see whether he is having a good time inside the suit or not.

Ha ha ha!!!! So true. For some reason his mind goes from a conversation at an outdoor bar with a CDC doctor to “You must want to be a swinger”.

Project much, McM?

Lol hanging out with my family. It’s a holiday weekend. I’ll pass on your sad swingers weekend, but I can assure you I’ve spent far more time on beaches than you. As for wasting your life you retired at 47. What a dumb sloth you are.

You’ve somehow imagined a “swingers” weekend. That’s what some lonely old sack of garbage does. Again, you do you, though.

I cringe at the thought of your social life. Yuck!

You’ve somehow imagined a “swingers” weekend. That’s what some lonely old sack of garbage does. Again, you do you, though.

I cringe at the thought of your social life. Yuck!
Lol you are a lonely sack of garbage. A dumb, lonely sack of garbage sitting at a bar chatting up swingers in Mexico over thanksgiving weekend. And retired at 47 lmao. Work! Be productive. Do something. But you can’t be an ambulance chaser. You don’t have the education nor the ability to pass a bar. So who knows. Just be dumb old, bitter slothful you

Lol you are a lonely sack of garbage. A dumb, lonely sack of garbage sitting at a bar chatting up swingers in Mexico over thanksgiving weekend. And retired at 47 lmao. Work! Be productive. Do something. But you can’t be an ambulance chaser. You don’t have the education nor the ability to pass a bar. So who knows. Just be dumb old, bitter slothful you

Hahahaha! I’m here with my girlfriend of two years, you sad sack.

I retired because I CAN. You stalk car accidents because you have to make a living.

Poor scumbag.

Hahahaha! I’m here with my girlfriend of two years, you sad sack.

I retired because I CAN. You stalk car accidents because you have to make a living.

Poor scumbag.
Hahaha I’ll always work. I like to exercise my brain. But you are a sloth. So you stopped working. Can has nothing to do with it....but again you could never be a lawyer. Way too much education required. You’re far too dumb. I’ve read your posts. It’s thanksgiving weekend. Don’t you have family? The pandemic you’re so worried about with the swingers at the bar didn’t dissuade you from traveling....

Objective
To investigate the influence of DNR status on mortality of hospital inpatients who died of COVID-19.
Design
This is a retrospective, observational cohort study of all patients admitted to two New Jersey hospitals between March 15 and May 15, 2020 who had, or developed, COVID-19 (1270 patients). Of these, 640 patients died (570 (89.1 percent) with and 70 (10.9 percent) without a DNR order at the time of admission) and 630 survived (180 (28.6 percent) with and 450 (71.4 percent) without a DNR order when admitted). Among the 120 patients without COVID-19 who died during this interval, 110 (91.7 percent) had a DNR order when admitted.
Results
Deceased positive SARS-CoV-2 patients were significantly more likely to have a DNR order on admission compared to recovered positive SARS-COV-2 patients (p < 0.05), similar to those who tested negative for SARS-COV-2. COVID-19 DNR patients had a higher mortality compared to COVID-19 non-DNR patients (log rank p < 0.001). DNR patients had a significantly increased hazard ratio of dying (HR 2.2 [1.5-3.2], p <0.001) compared to non-DNR patients, a finding that remained significant in the multivariate model.
Conclusion
The risk of death from COVID-19 was significantly influenced by the patients’ DNR status.
This is very relevant to some of us with elderly parents. And I imagine more people are recovering as time goes on and more treatments come out. Our family was discussing the other day where the DNR line is for COVID.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT